Thanks Meter: 382

By NoThrills, Retired Recognized Developer on 5th September 2012, 01:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th December 2012, 09:45 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Cool Steps
Hi,

I downloaded the file....I copied it to both my internal storage and external sd on the tablet. tried the power down volume down method...keep getting the red triangle droid....i am on stock...can anyone advise?

8th December 2012, 12:18 PM |#132  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 260

More
File has to be named "update.zip" otherwise stock recovery won't recognize it
The Following User Says Thank You to gen_scheisskopf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gen_scheisskopf Ad-Free
8th December 2012, 01:24 PM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi,
You need to comment the first line of the update script.
Just put a # at the beginning of the line. It avoids checking the locale versions (EMEA, CA, LA, etc.)

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk 2
11th December 2012, 04:49 PM |#134  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Almost done with a new version based on 4.1.2 which can run on both the ICS and the JB bootloader
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NoThrills For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NoThrills Ad-Free
11th December 2012, 05:07 PM |#135  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 671

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThrills

Almost done with a new version based on 4.1.2 which can run on both the ICS and the JB bootloader

Thanks for the update NoThrills! I'm really excited to flash something new on my WW Optimized A510.

It has been said before, and I'll say it again, thanks for all your support man.
11th December 2012, 07:01 PM |#136  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 5,098

Donate to Me
More
Talking
Quote:

Greaaaaat neewssss, they say this update is the best. Now, with the new NoThrills Rom it will be in the second position

Thank you for your awsome work
12th December 2012, 09:34 AM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

Does the Acer 4.1 update has updated touchscreen drivers, like the A700? Maybe that will solve the touch problems...
12th December 2012, 09:37 AM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Yes they did. Touch screen is OK now.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to xdajuanmrodrigues For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdajuanmrodrigues Ad-Free
12th December 2012, 09:53 AM |#139  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farris

Does the Acer 4.1 update has updated touchscreen drivers, like the A700? Maybe that will solve the touch problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdajuanmrodrigues

Yes they did. Touch screen is OK now.

I'm not too sure about that yet. Usually touch screen is fine at first but starts getting annoying after a while. A reboot ususally fixes it. The annoying thing is that they didn't change that much in the Touchscreen driver in the A510 kernel (that's where the actual driver is, not in Android itself), but it might be enough, we'll have to see.

What does make me wonder is that with the A700 JB update ZIP, a firmware update was added for the touchscreen controller. They didn't do that on the A510, and I'm wondering why they didn't.
12th December 2012, 09:58 AM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

I'm not too sure about that yet. Usually touch screen is fine at first but starts getting annoying after a while. A reboot ususally fixes it. The annoying thing is that they didn't change that much in the Touchscreen driver in the A510 kernel (that's where the actual driver is, not in Android itself), but it might be enough, we'll have to see.

What does make me wonder is that with the A700 JB update ZIP, a firmware update was added for the touchscreen controller. They didn't do that on the A510, and I'm wondering why they didn't.

Thank you. I meant firmware update instead of driver actually.. hehe. Too bad to see that they haven't done any updates in this direction..
12th December 2012, 10:51 AM |#141  
Quote:

Extensive use of the tabler yesterday ... no problems with touch, i was having it under ICS... going to system and switching sensibility between high/medium or medium/high then exiting settings has always solved the lack of sensibility for me, don't know how the "filtering" is done throught these settings and what it do... seems that it reset some variable making the screen works again.
It always come back when my girlfriend use it for a long time... , perhaps she has a different electricity potential then me.. don't know. The touch "problem" was more important when not touching the body of the tablet....when the tablet was laying on bed/isolated from the ground... anyway seems history now but has you said... let's see in some days how things will be.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)