Thanks Meter: 29

By xigzil, Junior Member on 15th June 2011, 08:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2012, 08:44 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmein

I'm running my own build of this at the moment, with support for the P990 enabled. I tried installing SuperSU instead of Superuser, and everything loads perfectly well on boot. The rom I am using is just stock v30a rooted with su though CWM, and not a custom one.

I spotted a post from Rohanajoshi in the DjangoManouche ICS thread saying there was a problem with superuser: apps dont get root access when settings are like "automatic response => Allow"

SuperSU solves this problem and lets the service run properly on boot. So if you're on the topogigi rom just download ergosum's first version and it should work.

edit:
I spoke too quickly there. I had problems with SuperSu for a bit and broke the app completely. Managed to fix SuperSU, then a reinstall of the app and everything works great

Hmm thanks for the explanation. I had a feeling SuperUser wasn't working very well too. Here is the v1 for people who changed to SuperSu. (I removed it thinking it wouldn't work.)
https://www.box.com/s/locjbo8j2j5l44kyrn0z
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ergosum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ergosum Ad-Free

11th December 2012, 08:54 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergosum

Hmm thanks for the explanation. I had a feeling SuperUser wasn't working very well too. Here is the v1 for people who changed to SuperSu. (I removed it thinking it wouldn't work.)
https://www.box.com/s/locjbo8j2j5l44kyrn0z

I have just tried it on the new CM10 build, and my version works fine with the ordinary superuser app there. There's something odd going on with superuser and the LG ICS builds.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmein For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmein Ad-Free
11th December 2012, 10:09 PM |#113  

More
Quote:

I have just tried it on the new CM10 build, and my version works fine with the ordinary superuser app there. There's something odd going on with superuser and the LG ICS builds.

Ok, I have tried the v1 and SuperSU and it works. I think this is the best and cleanest way to get TouchLED Notifications. Besides, SuperSU fixed another issue I had with LBE. Thanks again!
16th December 2012, 02:41 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
I've been messing around trying to pin down the superuser bug. A couple of observations:

canWrite() on the brightness file initially returns False, even though the correct permissions have been set and the file is writeable by the application. This happens with both superuser and SuperSU. On CM10 roms, it initially returns the correct value. I have a feeling that if I can fix this bug, everything will work fine again.

With superuser, permission is granted and the chmod works, but the process does not close (bug in superuser I think).
16th December 2012, 02:50 PM |#115  

More
Quote:

I've been messing around trying to pin down the superuser bug. A couple of observations:

canWrite() on the brightness file initially returns False, even though the correct permissions have been set and the file is writeable by the application. This happens with both superuser and SuperSU. On CM10 roms, it initially returns the correct value. I have a feeling that if I can fix this bug, everything will work fine again.

I don't understand: with SuperSU in stock ICS roms, the application works fine. In CM10, you said it works too (without SuperSU). Home come the canWrite returns a wrong value and the application still works?
Quote:

With superuser, permission is granted and the chmod works, but the process does not close (bug in superuser I think).

Yes, I have the same opinion. Especially if another application (LBE) didn't work with SuperUser and works now with SuperSU.
16th December 2012, 03:54 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeasd

it works! i had to manually modify /sys/devices/platform/star_led/leds/star_led/brightness permissions, the app itself doesn't ask for su permissions and therefore is not checking brightness perms (?)

thanks for the hints guys

I tried this, I set the brightness to 7, but it worked until the lights went out for the first time, then the brightness value returned to 25.
Why?

I have Official ICS V30a.
16th December 2012, 04:09 PM |#117  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi_86

I tried this, I set the brightness to 7, but it worked until the lights went out for the first time, then the brightness value returned to 25.
Why?

I have Official ICS V30a.

Which version did you use? (my version v1 or v2, or rmein's apk?)
Do you mean the application works but the first time, the brightness' value is 7, and next time 25? Or it works only the first time?
Can you check the file's permission is rw rw rw ?
16th December 2012, 08:25 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergosum

Which version did you use? (my version v1 or v2, or rmein's apk?)
Do you mean the application works but the first time, the brightness' value is 7, and next time 25? Or it works only the first time?
Can you check the file's permission is rw rw rw ?

I use v2 and the file permission is rw rw rw.

I open the file "btightness" with any text editor and i see that the default value is 25. than i set the value to 7 and save the file. The brigness level remains to 7 until the touch key lights turns off for the first time. When i touch the screen again the lights are brighter and if i open the file, the value is reset to 25.
But if I go to Settings => Display => Brightness => Front key light, and turn it off, the brightness value remains at 7 but the lights remain lit all the time, even in deep sleep.
It has to do with the kernel that automatically overwrites the value, and when i disable them from settings, the kernel already consider them off even if the LED Notification use them?
16th December 2012, 08:57 PM |#119  

More
Quote:

First of all, you should replace SuperUser by SuperSU and use either the v1 or rmein's version (it's the same).
Quote:

I open the file "btightness" with any text editor and i see that the default value is 25. than i set the value to 7 and save the file. The brigness level remains to 7 until the touch key lights turns off for the first time. When i touch the screen again the lights are brighter and if i open the file, the value is reset to 25.
But if I go to Settings => Display => Brightness => Front key light, and turn it off, the brightness value remains at 7 but the lights remain lit all the time, even in deep sleep.
It has to do with the kernel that automatically overwrites the value, and when i disable them from settings, the kernel already consider them off even if the LED Notification use them?

"Front key light" in the settings and the application are independent. You can set the brightness of the application to be whatever you want and independently from the brightness of the "front key light".

Now I think you don't understand how the application works: each time you get a monitored notification and you don't touch your phone, you will get a light notification (constant or dynamic ...). Once you press a button, the light notification disappear, until another monitored notification.
21st December 2012, 01:09 AM |#120  
Flag Baltimore city
Thanks Meter: 107

Donate to Me
More
The app failed to work on only whatsapp.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
21st December 2012, 10:01 AM |#121  

More
Quote:

Oh I started to understand what you meant. You shouldn't use the "LG Touch LED Notifications" 's brightness in Miscellaneous -> Touch LED options -> Touch LED brightness (set it to 0). Then you can disable the Front key light. This way, constant mode's feedback will work in test too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)