[Discussion][ROM][S4][WIP] CM10.1 on HTC One S

Search This thread

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
well it seemz that 10.1 experimental had a issue and did eveything wipe ect... i just rather wait for the next update , i thought i bricked it n checked everything n i was doing it right but its the build that he may not working properly, so like i said its much better to wait for the next one and go back to the one u had backed up

Last edited:
G

GuestX0019

well it seemz that 10.1 experimental had a issue and did eveything wipe ect... i just rather wait for the next update , i thought i bricked it n checked everything n i was doing it right but its the build that he mad not working properly, so like i said its much better to wait for the next one and go back to the one u had backed up

gotcha--there is always a rom or two that doesn't want to play nice on some phones no matter what we do

WHou

Sep 20, 2009
Why is it so difficult to get a working version of cyanogenmod? Just curious as to why every new release is utterly broken.

Zonium

Apr 21, 2012
My CM10 has been working great since I starded flashing CM Roms. Like 2 months ago.

Sent from my HTC One S

G

GuestX0019

That's why they call it development and it is free to you--:)

I question your comment "every" release is broken

If you are about talking cyanogen in general, the nightlies work fine for me and most folks

If talking about this one, READ xkonni's comments in his CM10 thread. He said he probably uploaded this too early. But, WE are appreciative he did so we can get a taste of JB4.2 as it gets DEVELOPED--

Except for camera and bluetooth it works very well, not a daily for most, but not intended as one--

The technicals are beyond me to answer that part of your question, but enjoy these builds and respect the hard work the devs put in to these roms, working 100% or not.

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Why is it so difficult to get a working version of cyanogenmod? Just curious as to why every new release is utterly broken.

1. AOSP is not device specific, so every single handset needs to have it's specific drivers and associated tweaks imported by hand, one by one, by one or two dedicated developers, entirely in their spare time.

2. Utterly broken is just stupid. This build is 95% working only a few weeks after release to AOSP. The camera and bluetooth functions are always hard to get because the code is usually closed source for the hardware layers. If I didn't have a toddler I wanted to photograph, this would be my daily driver right now.

3. Most would find it very hard to get motivated to spend their free time delivering up awesome ROMs only to be told they are "utterly broken". I'd suggest you rewrite your comment as follows: "Why is it so difficult to get appreciation for devoting ones free time to developing awesome ROMs. Just curious why so many users are utterly rude".

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
1. AOSP is not device specific, so every single handset needs to have it's specific drivers and associated tweaks imported by hand, one by one, by one or two dedicated developers, entirely in their spare time.

2. Utterly broken is just stupid. This build is 95% working only a few weeks after release to AOSP. The camera and bluetooth functions are always hard to get because the code is usually closed source for the hardware layers. If I didn't have a toddler I wanted to photograph, this would be my daily driver right now.

3. Most would find it very hard to get motivated to spend their free time delivering up awesome ROMs only to be told they are "utterly broken". I'd suggest you rewrite your comment as follows: "Why is it so difficult to get appreciation for devoting ones free time to developing awesome ROMs. Just curious why so many users are utterly rude".

Agreed, I have no real issues with AOSP roms.

djsubtronic

Jun 16, 2010
I think the issue is about curiosity as to WHY they are broken, i.e. the camera was fixed in 4.1.2 so why is it broken in 4.2? To be honest I'm quite curious about that as well. Or eg the headset detection - this existed in 4.1 but was fixed, so I would have thought it should continue working on 4.2...

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
I think the issue is about curiosity as to WHY they are broken, i.e. the camera was fixed in 4.1.2 so why is it broken in 4.2? To be honest I'm quite curious about that as well. Or eg the headset detection - this existed in 4.1 but was fixed, so I would have thought it should continue working on 4.2...

I suspect because the device specific parts of the One S have not been merged into the 4.2 branch. I don't think AOSP contains any proprietary code, while any handset hardware requires these binaries and hardware interface layers.

tnpapadakos

Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

this used to irk me too
now i think of aosp as the OS
then there's the hardware specific files like libs and such...i think of these as the drivers

not even Windows has all the drivers you'll ever need included

labroste

Jul 31, 2012
I suspect because the device specific parts of the One S have not been merged into the 4.2 branch. I don't think AOSP contains any proprietary code, while any handset hardware requires these binaries and hardware interface layers.

Agree and I understand why a recent rom as a few error like camera and bluetooth... What i don't understand is why I have Navigation problems since the first nightly.... It constantly crashes...

djsubtronic

Jun 16, 2010

this used to irk me too
now i think of aosp as the OS
then there's the hardware specific files like libs and such...i think of these as the drivers

not even Windows has all the drivers you'll ever need included

That makes sense, but I seen posts mentioning that the camera is going to be difficult to sort out etc, can we not use the specific libs from 4.1?

G

GuestX0019

This thread is only 4 pages long--:rolleyes:

And nightlies--not part of this thread--vary for some folks--I find them stable most of the time--

nitemahre

Jul 23, 2012
Springfield, MO
1. To the Devs: if I wasn't a broke-ass, I would be donating to you. So, in place of money, I offer you my sincerest thanks. I am forever indebted. :)

2. To those asking about stability: 10.1 is FAR more stable right now than 10.0 was when I adopted it. The issues listed really are the only major issues with one exception:

3. Group messaging. I have no problems receiving group messages, but every time I attempt to reply to the thread, my phone tells me "Service not activated on network." I'm willing to accept that this may be a T-Mo network error, however, I wanted to check here first before having to put up with the retarded fluff-users they like to call "tech support."

Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my One S using xda premium

WHou

Sep 20, 2009

I didn't think people would be so sensitive in this forum. I was merely curious as to why each new update is broken. Being a software developer myself, most updates usually mean a quick fix, ie copy everything over and the watch the error log just catch the small problems.

It would be bad software development if APIs seemingly stopped working on a point release, so that's why I was curious. If everything was working fine last in the previous release, suddenly everything is broken?

Anyway just wondering thats all. No offense intended.

tnpapadakos

Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't think people would be so sensitive in this forum. I was merely curious as to why each new update is broken. Being a software developer myself, most updates usually mean a quick fix, ie copy everything over and the watch the error log just catch the small problems.

It would be bad software development if APIs seemingly stopped working on a point release, so that's why I was curious. If everything was working fine last in the previous release, suddenly everything is broken?

Anyway just wondering thats all. No offense intended.

because the nightlies are a work in progress...and we nightly flashers are volunteer testers
would you rather have no nightlies and wait 3 or 4 months for a "stable" rom? or have the opportunity to use JB while most One S users are still on ICS?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

as CM10.1 posts are flooding the two CM10 threads I'm opening a new discussion Thread here so that you/we can keep the CM10 Threads for CM10.

Feel free to post videos & screenshots, I will add some of them to the OP if you want me to!

I also would encourage you to tell me what works & what doesn't, please use a proper listing method therefor.

As always all credit goes to intervigil, xkonni & the others behind CM10(.1)!
    i asked Dzo-
    Just wondering if you had a chance to look at the 10.1 camera for the ville ? thanks in advance

His answer today-
    Yes, I got it mostly working. Expect it to be merged in a short while. Let people on the Dev thread know if you like.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Only 720p video recording works. 480p and 1080p are still broken, same as One X and EVO 4G LTE. Still looking into that one.

cm-10.1-20130215-UNOFFICIAL-ville

wipe cache/wipe dalvik cache/install over 4.2.1

just to re-iterate, the only extra things i do to this CM build are:

1. add fix_permissions to system/bin
    2. add different artwork for usb in and out
    3. add another AudioBTID.csv to system/etc cause it has some more cars/BT devices listed in it
    4. added ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0 to build.prop

other than that its striaght-up CM 10.1 off of the same repo that intervigil and xkonni use