FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen Protector that Truly Fits?

261 posts
Thanks Meter: 30
 
By jakfish, Senior Member on 15th August 2012, 09:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've struck out twice now with purchased screen protectors for the Sidekick 4G--one was too short (lengthwise) and the other didn't quite fit and had slots cut into it.

Clearly, sellers are using a generic cut and haven't examined the Sidekick screen.

Can any owner here recommend a genuine screen protector--one that is clear, unslotted, and fits the entire screen?

At this point, price is no object.

Thanks,
Jake
 
 
1st September 2012, 06:00 PM |#2  
TheLastSidekick's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,535
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakfish

I've struck out twice now with purchased screen protectors for the Sidekick 4G--one was too short (lengthwise) and the other didn't quite fit and had slots cut into it.

Clearly, sellers are using a generic cut and haven't examined the Sidekick screen.

Can any owner here recommend a genuine screen protector--one that is clear, unslotted, and fits the entire screen?

At this point, price is no object.

Thanks,
Jake

I know it's kind of late, but as far as what I would do?

Get ANY screen protector that is LARGER than your Sidekick 4G, and just cut the protector to fit your screen. Our screen is small and rectangular.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheLastSidekick Ad-Free
2nd September 2012, 09:38 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

I know it's kind of late, but as far as what I would do?

Get ANY screen protector that is LARGER than your Sidekick 4G, and just cut the protector to fit your screen. Our screen is small and rectangular.

Many thanks for the post. I may end up doing that. Right now, there's an ebay seller willing to custom-make a set. We'll see,

Jake
The Following User Says Thank You to jakfish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jakfish Ad-Free
3rd September 2012, 06:20 AM |#4  
TheLastSidekick's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,535
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakfish

Many thanks for the post. I may end up doing that. Right now, there's an ebay seller willing to custom-make a set. We'll see,

Jake

All the best, good luck!
10th December 2012, 09:39 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up more late
I bought this back in September, it fits very well,

search in ebay for

Skinomi Screen Protector Film for T-Mobile Sidekick 4G
14th December 2012, 04:51 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Very intriguing, never seen this kind of installation with actual liquid. Thanks for the tip,

Jake
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes