Thanks Meter: 9,863

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th December 2012, 06:06 PM |#2411  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
If you guys are European look specifically at the euro versions of the RIL updater package. They're different than the ones in the rom and might solve your issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

13th December 2012, 08:09 PM |#2412  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

If you guys are European look specifically at the euro versions of the RIL updater package. They're different than the ones in the rom and might solve your issues.

Gonna try that now!
13th December 2012, 08:47 PM |#2413  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

I tried but when I picked up the call it's disconnects the call. So no luck
14th December 2012, 07:39 AM |#2414  

More
It worked well this morning with the European RIL, I even had a good connection in the train (never had that). But when I walked to my work address, data connection was bad again.
It looks to me that it has something to do with DNS or so. Whatsapp text works well, but images in whatsapp and browsing (and gmail) doesn't work.

How can that be?!?! any ideas blk_jck?
15th December 2012, 02:15 AM |#2415  
Flag Toronto

More
Where we stand for Jelly Bean

Well well! It has been over 3 months since the last Mimicry release and an update is long overdue at this point.

First, I bought a new phone! I now own a SGS3 (d2att), and, despite how I thought I could not adjust to life without a QWERTY, well, I hate to admit it but I have. I'm even faster now typing on screen, go figure! (Maybe a bit less accurate/precise though )
Second, I've been developing for JB for the past 2 months! I'm part of the amazing SlimRoms team and have been adding new features & fixes to SlimBean, which is based off AOSP 4.1.2.

I was planning on releasing Mimicry for JB when we released a beta of Andromadus, but as we all know that happened as soon as 4.2 dropped and attention immediately switched to that. At this point I've started work on porting everything to 4.2 and in the near future I'll be working with Flinny to add in the old CM9 keyboard/trackball specific features everybody loves from Andromadus/Mimicry before adding my own features back into the builds.

Here's an official list of features that have been completely ported to Jelly Bean (4.1.2) and will be making their way to 4.2 in the near future. I will be looking for alpha testers and very much look forward to contributing code to both the regular Andromadus builds as well as Mimicry ones.

= Features done for JB =
Code-complete features in 4.1.2
– Notification Shortcuts

– Kill All Recent Apps

– Various Battery Icons

– Custom Date in Statusbar (plus center clock/custom colors/upper & lowercase!)

– Custom Statusbar color/opacity

– Plus new features/fixes not in Mimicry 1.5.0

JB in action!

The vision mostly slumbering
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2012, 03:43 AM |#2416  
sucks you left our phone! but im glad your still interesting in supporting, as we all know mimicry ics is about as good as we can get on the g2/dz and not that i have anything against andromadus - its amazing - but i would love to see slimbean officially supported on the g2/dz ... absolute perfection on my n7!
cant wait!
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 09:05 AM |#2417  
Flag Laakdal
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Whoa great news! Mind sharing those wallpapers? They're gorgeous!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ernestnwanu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ernestnwanu Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 03:29 PM |#2418  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I can never understand how people get used to touch screen keyboards. That and when you gotta type is takes up nearly the whole screen. Trust me I've modded a friends Galaxy S3 and I absolutely hate having to type on it.
15th December 2012, 06:32 PM |#2419  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:

Where we stand for Jelly Bean
Snip

Awwww yeaaah, put slimbean on my friends One x, awesome rom!

If mimicry JB is themed like slimbean I'll be a happy man when it comes to using it .

More than happy to Alpha test when it comes round to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherx12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pantherx12 Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 08:02 PM |#2420  

More
^^ Please don't quote the whole post

blk_jackm how's the speed of JB? Can you test it or don't you have the DZ anymore? The other JB versions on XDA are not as fast as ICS is... But maybe after a lot of tweaking it's possible to fully use JB.
15th December 2012, 08:16 PM |#2421  
Flag Toronto

More
Well, I got used to it because a) typing in landscape on a phone this big gives you a lot of space to type on. I actually added a feature in Slimbean that disables the landscape full screen keyboard that happens sometimes when you're typing, so while you do have reduced space, you can still see a lot of the screen. Right now I can see everything I've typed so far with the full keyboard up.

B) Using something like SwiftKey (or even stock these days) also lets you forego having to use spaces most of the time.

C) you have to press lighter on the keys. This reduces time. Combine that with swiping backwards to delete the last word and you can really type quickly with still being able to fix mistakes.

D) auto correct. It's insanely good with some keyboards.

I can type an extremely fast string of garbage and it will get it right 95% of the time.

That said, it took me a good month to get really good with typing on screen. If you've picked up a device like the sgs3 and used it for a few minutes and made up your mind that you could never type on screen -- That's definitely not a fair length of time to get used to it.

I'm just posting this as one guy who was a diehard qwerty fan and had his mind changed. Onscreen isn't for everyone and there are moments where I miss the qwerty (ssh), but the reduced size of this phone coupled with all the support and available accessories also help make the lack of a keyboard easier to deal with.

The Following User Says Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)