[MOD of ROM]Frayo v1.1 - 1/12/2012 (FroyobyLaszlo mod)

Search This thread

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
Hmmm, I think I smell an AROMA.
And maybe some more fun stuff.
Not yet, though. I don't think ill be able to get to a PC for a while.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
so frayo is comming back...

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Quite possibly. Or iunno if I should make 1.2 be a new ROM based on AOSP. I don't know if id be able to make something better than FBL:p
I think ill just make 1.2 an AROMA version with a billion options or so, and then ill make a separate AOSP ROM.

josh2020glacier

Jan 5, 2012
baltimore/md
Look I was going to downloads this rom but to much work would def. Be a lot easier in aroma installer for sure thanks dev. Sorry but I'm so use to my touch 4g roms that this g1 is difficult lol

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
Look I was going to downloads this rom but to much work would def. Be a lot easier in aroma installer for sure thanks dev. Sorry but I'm so use to my touch 4g roms that this g1 is difficult lol

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

Use the original Froyo by Laszlo for now. Link is in the OP
My ROM is a mere mod that let you customize what apps are installed. And it had like 1 or 2 tiny tweaks.

Back when I made this, we didn't even have AROMA:p
In fact, I had been dreaming of something like AROMA back then :p the best I could come up with was an installation config file. And I decided to try it out with Froyo by Laszlo.

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
yeah, as of now I'm too busy moving and enjoying my new tablet to work on this:p
Soon as I move, I will set up my PC and get to work. I also may have a (very weak) build server i can give some ssh access to soon :p

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

Edit: Oh I don't know anymore :T I just got my G1 out and the touchscreen goes wacky every once in a while. Its the flex cables for sure, just like on my first G1. This may be a sign that I need to retire it :/
I guess ill keep working until I can't do set-up on a new rom :p Because there's the touch the android thing.

Sent from my HTC Dream on Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: adityo97

xanda143

May 26, 2012
no lies fast as hell aroma yeah would be a plus useing this on my magic 1.2 any faster roms as it relates to froyo though?

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
LMC Froyo has comparable speeds to FroyobyLaszlo (which, I must say again, is what my ROM is based off of :p)
But FroyobyLaszlo has been developed more, and has less bugs
Edit: yeah, please just stick with FroyoByLaszlo.
I'm done working on this. AROMA is gonna take a while to set up. And I have no time anymore for this ^_^

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rhalff

Mar 31, 2009
Thanks!

Thanks so much!, this is the first rom that actually gives me a good connection
and everything works very fast.

I broke my new smartphone and I am very happy to be able to use the newer apps on my G1 :)

So now I hope android 2.2 will still be supported for a while by the major app makers :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok here's my little FroyobyLaszlo mod. YES ITS A TERRIBLE EVIL WINZIP

Pretty much all the credit should go to him (Laszlo) for this ROM!
    Once I start doing some more advanced tweaking then I'll be able to give myself some credit without feeling guilty:D

Pretty much the main new feature is that you can customize what system apps to flash.

Changes:
    -complete
    ~in progress
    Code:
    ~1.2
    ~system mount as rw on boot will become an option

-system mounted as rw on boot
    -customization(install.txt)
      *So all those apps I removed can now be customized if they install or not
    -updated LauncherPro to latest version 0.8.6 as of 1/9/2012

1.0 (from froyobylaszlo)
    -edited update script, made the installation a bit more detailed and informative
    -removed calendar
    -removed onscreenkeyboard (faster! use your slide out keyboard!)
    -removed livewallpapers picker
    -removed text to speech
    -removed protips widget
    -removed voice dialer
    -added stock sounds and fonts
    -added gmail
    -added youtube
    -changed bootscreen

Download:
    1.1 - ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/?unp8qba8pp7rqas
    Install Config: http://hostfile.org/install.txt (rightclick>save as...)
    1.0 - ROM: http://www.sendspace.com/file/o2auyh

Install Instructions:
    First of all you need to have radio 2.22.27.08/2.22.28.25 & hboot 1.33.0013d. Instructions on install are here.

Then you should partition your sd like so:
    swap (i really recommend it) somewhere around 120 plus/minus 50mb...im being very approximate here...it depends on how much space you're willing to give up
    ext4 (recommend it too) depends on how many apps you want...512mb will probably be enough for most

Wipe your phone with a superwipe. Then do all the wipe options in recovery and do "repair ext"

Download the needed files.

Open up install.txt with your favorite text editor and edit it to what you want to install. Default is everything install. Don't add any extra spaces or anything to the file. Only change "yes" to "no" and "no" to "yes".

Copy frayo-signed.zip and install.txt to the root of your SD card.

Flash it in recovery.

Once its done reboot and follow onscreen instructions to sign in and stuff (or you can skip).

Now here are some settings you need to set:

If you have sd-ext partition:
    Settings>Extras>Application>Allow moving
    Settings>Extras>Application>Install Location>Sd-ext

If you have swap:
    Settings>Extras>Performance>Swap

Recommended:
    Settings>Extras>Performance>Lock Home in Memory
    I don't recommend changing CPU settings

To fix black clock in notification bar:
    Settings>Extras>User Interface>Reset UI Tweaks

I really recommend you turn off market updates, the new market is too slow:
    Open terminal emulator.
    Type
    Code:
    su
    pm disable com.android.vending.updater
    If the market manages to sneak in an update before you do this go to Settings>Applications>Manage>Market>Uninstall updates

Reboot and Enjoy!

Credits:
    -laszlo for the original froyobylaszlo ROM
    -cyanogenmod because that's what froyobylaszlo is based off of
    Alright then I guess this is done unless someone gives some good suggestions on what to add
    Probably they have AutoCMTD included within the ROM, in that case you don't need to flash the FR-boot-xxx.zip on top of it. Nevertheless, if you use cMTD correctly, it's independent from the ROM you are using. The only problem might be, that you have to bind mount your download cache manually in case you reduced the size of the cache partition and you cannot download any apps from the market.
    Any of them will work just fine
    If some apps don't download from market either increase the size of cache or there is a work around but I forget the steps at the moment. But for now try 72 for system and 2 for cache
    Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda premium
    1.5.8 should be best
    folder here: http://www.mediafire.com/?lifib6a9ptj5j#1pcwmbdd9kqpc
    You'll need the first two files
    Make a file called mtdpartmap.txt and also put it on your sd card
    In that file type
    Code:
    mtd 72 2

And the later versions of cmtd (1.5.6 and higher i think? idk but 1.5.8 is fine), they automatically do the cache binding