922 posts
Thanks Meter: 410

By FInixNOver, Senior Member on 18th October 2008, 12:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2009, 10:05 PM |#1171  
Flag London & Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 19

More
as incredible as it may sound, two days of posts were gone down the toilet and nobody says anything... i cant believe this is happening. really upset.

previously i mentioned that, if possible, we should start looking into vamping the windows taskbar itself. it was also mentioned that tsk files are responsible for that, which isn't completely correct as tsk files cannot add background images to the taskbar.

a designer has created this fake transparent glass effect for the windows taskbar using wisbar. it's not a real transparency, he managed to precisely combine manila2d background with the windows top and bottom bars.

something tells me it might be possible to achieve a similar effect without the use of wisbar and i invite everyone to jump in this process with me. ideas, suggestions...

here's an example:

and i pray for God someone has backed up the forum today, but just in case, i'm saving this post in a doc file. unbelieavable.

31st March 2009, 02:28 AM |#1172  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 93

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlakerBoi

as incredible as it may sound, two days of posts were gone down the toilet and nobody says anything... i cant believe this is happening. really upset.

previously i mentioned that, if possible, we should start looking into vamping the windows taskbar itself. it was also mentioned that tsk files are responsible for that, which isn't completely correct as tsk files cannot add background images to the taskbar.

a designer has created this fake transparent glass effect for the windows taskbar using wisbar. it's not a real transparency, he managed to precisely combine manila2d background with the windows top and bottom bars.

something tells me it might be possible to achieve a similar effect without the use of wisbar and i invite everyone to jump in this process with me. ideas, suggestions...

here's an example:

and i pray for God someone has backed up the forum today, but just in case, i'm saving this post in a doc file. unbelieavable.

Bro sounds like a good adventure and I am willing to work with you. I have been trying to figure out how to change the Quickmenu Ok/Close and have come up empty handed thus far. Here is a shot below with the item circled in yellow just to be clear:
31st March 2009, 12:48 PM |#1173  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen

Bro sounds like a good adventure and I am willing to work with you. I have been trying to figure out how to change the Quickmenu Ok/Close and have come up empty handed thus far. Here is a shot below with the item circled in yellow just to be clear:

there is a bmp file you can try to edit: quickmenuicon.bmp
Attached Images
File Type: bmp quickmenuicon.bmp - [Click for QR Code] (726 Bytes, 191 views)
31st March 2009, 12:53 PM |#1174  
Account currently disabled
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim011

@MysticGenius, don't yell at me! This thread is 223 pages long, and I've read enough.
@the_scotsman, thank you.

one search for gsm signal would have shown the answer but like most of the other people here, instead of searching with simple terms you thought:

"im special, i dont have to learn/look for anything, ill just post and someone will tell me"

dude this is a forum, not a cafeteria for phone upgrades do some research.

do you think everyone here got smart by asking simple questions?

to quote Einstein: "a mans intelligence is measured by the complexity of his questions"

you rate at super simple with that last performance!! lol
31st March 2009, 01:01 PM |#1175  
Account currently disabled
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen

I love your start icons, please could you post your shellres.192.dll containing that icon

i mentioned earlier to SlakerBoi, the tsk files are responsable for the top and bottom bars, they have a good collection of reg settings that can be found here:

Code:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today
there is also an entry for each tsk file on your phone found here:

Code:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\****.tsk
where **** is the name of the tsk. these reg settings control the colours, highlights, buttons and centers.

I hope this helps you both along your way?

please post your shellres!

if i can be of any help please just ask, ill gladly help you both.

MG
31st March 2009, 04:56 PM |#1176  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 93

Donate to Me
More
MG thanks bro for that info, when I get home I'll post up the shellres, I actually got it from the custom start icon thread.

Edit: forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2640603&postcount=2 and go to post #203 for the Dark Glass one.
31st March 2009, 07:45 PM |#1177  

More
is there someone who makes a cab of the icons in the following link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=486
maybe tsowen himself?
these icons look amazing! but i'm not an expert in this! :D
31st March 2009, 08:39 PM |#1178  
Flag Vaud
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhlatte

is there someone who makes a cab of the icons in the following link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=486
maybe tsowen himself?
these icons look amazing! but i'm not an expert in this! :D

u can download those here : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1237998374
31st March 2009, 10:00 PM |#1179  

More
I have the same problem...
does anybody know how to restore the original PIN keyboard skin ?
Thanks a lot
Gianni

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Ozturk

Can someone help me with this? This time i have used the two files in the zip file. I have copied the dll file to windows and opened the register file. I have got the same result on my Xperia X1. Can someone help me to change only, but only the battery icon and nothing else (for example the sim login screen, see image below)?

1st April 2009, 03:50 AM |#1180  

More

I spent so much time changing icons, i don't even know if i included them all in this preview, haha. There are 3 versions of the shellres.dll included in the rar, one with my newly styled htc logo, the old htc logo, and the round windows logo, choose your poison. Just remember to rename the file to shellres.192.dll or shellres.192.dll.0409.mui accordingly! All of the other files should just be replaced with the ones in your windows folder. If youre not into all that, tsowen has been kind enough to supply CAB files.

Don't fret GSM people, I will have an update soon with the known changes that work for your taskbars. Maybe one day we will figure out how to change your signal bars!

As always comments, criticism, and DONATIONS![see sig] are welcome.

[The first ZIP is the new HTC icon, second is the old HTC icon, third is the round windows icon, and lastly is the file containing all of the dll's. Also included is the new version of HTCVolumeControl in case you are encountering any problems]
1st April 2009, 05:40 AM |#1181  
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Misfortune, it looks great! But for some reason my signal icon isn't being replaced.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
icon, taskbar

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)