FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HELP] Root, Optimizations, OC, & More TUT(UPD: ICS less lag w/ build.prop(no.9))

1,544 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,837

By Wechy77, Senior Member on 4th January 2012, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th December 2012, 08:54 PM |#521  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 5,308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterBurnham

Okay, I may try this at another time as I've spent the past 2 days just trying to root GB!

I do think it's a weird question because I didn't know that I should not be able to post here with my first post! I saw a post elsewhere on this forum where somebody said "excuse the spam, need to get my post count up"... I guess your question explains why. If there is/was a minimum posting rule, then it seems a bit silly because people will just spam to get their post count up, which means more useless posts and more data for XDA to host...

I do have to fill out a "captcha" for each post I make, so maybe that is because I am new here?

BTW, off-topic - I see you're from Trieste! I was there on Monday (missed a coach to Villach and had to spend 5 hours between 6pm and 11pm just hanging around waiting for the next train!) Small world...

Technically there is a 10 post limit before you can post into a Development forum, but you should be able to post into any other forum (General, Q&A, etc) with out restrictions...so it was a little strange when I saw you mention that it was your first post...which I thought were great! Especially because you made it clear that you had looked for solutions on your own and had just gotten stuck....The captcha will go away soon.

Speaking of getting stuck...sorry you got stuck in Trieste, sometimes I feel the same way! It's a nice little city, just a little bit out of the way...hope you at least got something good to eat and drink!!!!

17th December 2012, 04:31 PM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello.

I would like to do clean install of some ROM.. I want to get rid all the stuff from my SD card, which is almost full of old files/folders which I dont use anymore.

I would like to know, which folders from SD card I could delete, before doing clean install? and maybe few of them after?

Thank you

17th December 2012, 05:28 PM |#523  
OP Senior Member
Flag Here

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilaz

Hello.
I would like to do clean install of some ROM.. I want to get rid all the stuff from my SD card, which is almost full of old files/folders which I dont use anymore.
I would like to know, which folders from SD card I could delete, before doing clean install? and maybe few of them after?
Thank you

It's hard to find out what you use and what you don't.
You want flash a new rom (*.ftf) with flashtool? Or try a custom rom. I see you don't have clockworkmod, so you don't have any backup?

Copy all stuff with hidden files to pc/My Sd Card (or similar) After you copied all things you can format it with phone. Go into settings --> storage --> erase sd card.
The Alarms-Media-Notification-Ringtones are your custom ringtones/notificatons.
You can creat "My Ray" or similar on sd card and copy all wanted mods (Camera mods, sound mods etc.) in this folder.
In dcim/pictures/CameraFX folders are your pictures. In IGO your igo maps...
In TunnyBrowser Dolphin backup. In Titanium backup your bakcuped files and datas.

So after erase the sd card with phone you can copy back the folders/files step-by-step. If you (or any program) miss something you can allways copy from pc back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wechy77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wechy77 Ad-Free
17th December 2012, 09:37 PM |#524  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilaz

Hello.

Thank you

As far as I know the only folder you really need to make your sdcard work is .android_secure, but if you delete or format using the phone, it should put it back for you. Also, if you are going to go to all this trouble, I would recommend formatting the sdcard instead of just deleting everything on it...also if you are thinking about running something link link2sd then now would be a good time to set up the ext partition.

The first time I did this, I just backed up what I wanted from the sdcard and that was a huge mistake, so whatever you do... copy everything from your sdcard onto your PC don't worry about if you think it is useful or not, that way you'll be able to put whatever you want/need back onto your sdcard when it turns out to be really really important.
17th December 2012, 11:25 PM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
What does this 3G signal tweak? I ask because I noticed that ICS drains more battery than GB when on 3G surfing with opera mini or wifi tethering...I belive that talking also over 3G drains more batery on ICS than GB...
How will this tweak reflect on my Stock Ray battery and 3G performance?

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295
ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449
ro.ril.hsupa.category=5
18th December 2012, 12:33 PM |#526  
OP Senior Member
Flag Here

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlesic

What does this 3G signal tweak? I ask because I noticed that ICS drains more battery than GB when on 3G surfing with opera mini or wifi tethering...I belive that talking also over 3G drains more batery on ICS than GB...
How will this tweak reflect on my Stock Ray battery and 3G performance?

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295
ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449
ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

Read this thread: [REF]Analysis of build.prop cellular speed tweaks
The Following User Says Thank You to Wechy77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wechy77 Ad-Free
21st December 2012, 03:48 PM |#527  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 472

More
Maybe Some (Maybe All) of you already discovered the New Root Method by Using Force Emulator option in Flashtool, With that you can Directly Root .587 ICS (If Failed use the .562 kernel and try to root it again)

I'm Just Sharing guys and maybe you can post this method on the OP

Sent from my ST15i using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SS-4050 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SS-4050 Ad-Free
28th December 2012, 10:58 AM |#528  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction

More
While I was looking for something else, I found this guide for rooting Xperia devices including .587 for the ray http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/41...art=0&tstart=0

Looks like it comes with a prerooted kernel!
The Following User Says Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift justmpm Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 02:35 AM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm

While I was looking for something else, I found this guide for rooting Xperia devices including .587 for the ray http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/41...art=0&tstart=0

Looks like it comes with a prerooted kernel!

That link is dead. Any other suggestions for rooting 4.1.B.0.587?
15th February 2013, 02:39 PM |#530  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eonix

That link is dead. Any other suggestions for rooting 4.1.B.0.587?

That thread from sony has basically been replicated here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118343
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift justmpm Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 05:26 PM |#531  
OP Senior Member
Flag Here

More
Re: [HELP] Root, Optimizations, OC, & More TUT(UPD: ICS less lag w/ build.prop(no.9))
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm

That thread from sony has basically been replicated here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118343

First post edited and added your link

Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, statusbar, supercharger, tut, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)