[ROM][14 MAY 13][BETA] PARANOIDANDROID 3.50 4.2.2 | Hybrid, Size&UI on PerAppBasis

Search This thread

sniper

Jan 30, 2012
San Diego
[ROM][14 MAY 13][BETA] PARANOIDANDROID 3.50 4.2.2 | Hybrid, Size&UI on PerAppBasis

untitled-1lqk9o.png

op-1_galaxys2.png

op-2_galaxys2.png

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions.png

• Make sure you are flashing from a SAFE recovery, Otherwise Odin EL26 before wiping.
  • CWM: Wipe Data/Factory
  • Install ROM
  • Install Gapps
  • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

paranoid_trouble.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
  • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
  • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
  • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_credits.png

• KBizzle
  • Paranoid Android Devs
  • Chris41g
  • PhantomPhreak53
  • sbrissen
  • Cyanogenmod Team

paranoid_changelog.png

• 20130123v2.57
  • Added menu and home key functionality in recovery
  • Updated Source on 1/21/13 @ 17:36:35 EST
  • 20130111v2.57
  • Updated Paranoid Sources v2.57
  • Updated Source on 1/11/13 @ 12:40:53 EST
  • 20121216v2.56
  • Updated Paranoid Sources v2.56
  • Updated Source on 12/16/12 @ 18:13:11 PST
  • 20121105v2.53
  • Updated Paranoid Sources v2.53
  • Updated Source on 11/05/12 @ 18:31:25 EDT
    *Additional changelog information. - http://www.paranoid-rom.com/forum/changelogs-news
    Bugs
  • Compass reports incorrectly. Affects apps such as maps.

Last edited:

sniper

Jan 30, 2012
San Diego
untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png

Questions And Answers

Does 4G, 3G, WiFi, GPS work?
Yes all of the above work fine.

Does everything that works on CM10, work on this rom?
Yes. If it works on CM10 it will work on Paranoid Android.
but if it do not work in CM10 it WILL NOT WORK on Paranoid Android!

How do I change my DPI on this ROM?
Go to Settings> Paranoid Settings.
In this option You will find the following options:

Work space> this is where you can have your phone look like a tablet and others....
Apps> this is where you can change any APPS DPI. Example: This means you can run your phone on stock 240 DPI, and make lets say Gmail look like the tablet version of the app by setting the Gmail.apk to 128 DPI!
Backup And Restore> Backup your Paranoid Android Settings And Restore it!
Help> Do I need to explain what this option does?? lol

I'm on a different rom (calks 3.0, the goodness, el29 Stock rom, CM10, AOKP, CM9) how do I got about flashing this rom?

All you need to do is flash the EL26 STOCK CWM recovery/ kernel! Which is located here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26295021

Minor Updates/Fixes

Mediaserver is draining my battery like crazy, how do I fix this!??

Well there is a somewhat work around that may or may not work its worth giving a try!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11556497

Last edited:

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
Thanks a ton for adopting this sniper!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

themisterwilson

Jan 16, 2011
Look at this guy! Great work man!
The only logical next step is to start on 4.2 builds ;) right?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Nevermind, I got it :)

Just flash in recovery: PaPrefFix.zip - 359.08 KB
I know it say's Gapps: recommended: 10/11 Gapps however any issues gapps-jb-20121212 or NXT GEN 4.2 Gapps Odex?

OK I was to quick however gapps-jb--20121212 kept saying keyboard AOSP not rtesponding and FC'ing as well as play market error. Since keyboard error thought I would flash KDH NXT GEN 4.2 Odex and only issuw was play market error went to systems-apps-play market clear settings and then opened play market accept and opened as usual.

Update: Google Play said some apps not for my device decided to just flash recommended 10/11 gapss and did not make any other changes and now all apps are compatible and I didn't make any settings changes like I've done in the past.

I would say use recommended 10/11 gapps.

Last edited:

mbr007

Oct 29, 2012
3g data not working

I love this rom. Wifi is working but no 3g data for Metropcs. 4g is connected and couldn't access the internet. Any idea?:(

TheDudeAbides

Jul 9, 2011
Dodgertown
I know it say's Gapps: recommended: 10/11 Gapps however any issues gapps-jb-20121212 or NXT GEN 4.2 Gapps Odex?

OK I was to quick however gapps-jb--20121212 kept saying keyboard AOSP not rtesponding and FC'ing as well as play market error. Since keyboard error thought I would flash KDH NXT GEN 4.2 Odex and only issuw was play market error went to systems-apps-play market clear settings and then opened play market accept and opened as usual.

Update: Google Play said some apps not for my device decided to just flash recommended 10/11 gapss and did not make any other changes and now all apps are compatible and I didn't make any settings changes like I've done in the past.

I would say use recommended 10/11 gapps.

I use NX GEN 4.2 with no issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

untitled-1lqk9o.png

op-1_galaxys2.png

op-2_galaxys2.png

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
    Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions.png

• Make sure you are flashing from a SAFE recovery, Otherwise Odin EL26 before wiping.
    • CWM: Wipe Data/Factory
    • Install ROM
    • Install Gapps
    • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
    • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

paranoid_trouble.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_credits.png

• KBizzle
    • Paranoid Android Devs
    • Chris41g
    • PhantomPhreak53
    • sbrissen
    • Cyanogenmod Team

paranoid_changelog.png

• 20130123v2.57
    • Added menu and home key functionality in recovery
    • Updated Source on 1/21/13 @ 17:36:35 EST
    • 20130111v2.57
    • Updated Paranoid Sources v2.57
    • Updated Source on 1/11/13 @ 12:40:53 EST
    • 20121216v2.56
    • Updated Paranoid Sources v2.56
    • Updated Source on 12/16/12 @ 18:13:11 PST
    • 20121105v2.53
    • Updated Paranoid Sources v2.53
    • Updated Source on 11/05/12 @ 18:31:25 EDT
      *Additional changelog information. - http://www.paranoid-rom.com/forum/changelogs-news
      Bugs
    • Compass reports incorrectly. Affects apps such as maps.

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png

Questions And Answers

Does 4G, 3G, WiFi, GPS work?
    Yes all of the above work fine.

Does everything that works on CM10, work on this rom?
    Yes. If it works on CM10 it will work on Paranoid Android.
    but if it do not work in CM10 it WILL NOT WORK on Paranoid Android!

How do I change my DPI on this ROM?
    Go to Settings> Paranoid Settings.
    In this option You will find the following options:

Work space> this is where you can have your phone look like a tablet and others....
    Apps> this is where you can change any APPS DPI. Example: This means you can run your phone on stock 240 DPI, and make lets say Gmail look like the tablet version of the app by setting the Gmail.apk to 128 DPI!
    Backup And Restore> Backup your Paranoid Android Settings And Restore it!
    Help> Do I need to explain what this option does?? lol

I'm on a different rom (calks 3.0, the goodness, el29 Stock rom, CM10, AOKP, CM9) how do I got about flashing this rom?

All you need to do is flash the EL26 STOCK CWM recovery/ kernel! Which is located here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26295021

Minor Updates/Fixes

Mediaserver is draining my battery like crazy, how do I fix this!??

Well there is a somewhat work around that may or may not work its worth giving a try!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11556497
    Re: [ROM][11 JAN 13] PARANOIDANDROID 2.57 4.1.2 | Hybrid, Size&UI on PerAppBasis

LOL. Is she your wife or your mommy? LOL

You have obviously never been in a committed relationship

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
    Re: [ROM][23 JAN 13] PARANOIDANDROID 2.57 4.1.2 | Hybrid, Size&UI on PerAppBasis

Anyone looking for a 3.00 build? I could whip something up for y'all if sniper doesn't release a build within a couple days :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Nevermind, I got it :)

Just flash in recovery: PaPrefFix.zip - 359.08 KB

Edit: not needed any more