FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Multiple Android/FirefoxOS-Starter (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android/FirefoxOS)

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 146

By o82239, Member on 23rd October 2012, 07:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2012, 09:44 PM |#41  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczepanik

How about a quick link to auto launch Tytung backup program ?
Cheers
Tom

Today I've read much about initrd.gz and have extract the file of Xylographs great 4extrecovery... it's very interesting... do you know, if someone has build a mini-OS (like the 4extrecovery), that auto launch a aroma-zip-file (like Tytungs great backup tool)? If I or we can build it, I would integrate it in my NativeSD-tool from first post...

Cheers
Klaus

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o82239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o82239 Ad-Free

27th November 2012, 10:52 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Tested on my HD2 with wm6.5 for both NSD & Classic SD. It's fantastic.

Thanks o82239.
28th November 2012, 09:43 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by o82239

Hi,
I've developed a tool for dual/triple/quadro/... booting the NativeSD-Roms from Windows Mobile 6.5

Thank you very much for your so needed project!
However would you ponder to advance even one step further and make Android version of your Multiple Android-Starter?
Why not to bypass WM6.5 when switching between various NativeSD Androids?
Why not to make it possible to boot another NativeSD ROM directly from other curently running Android ROM, in the same fashion as it is done from WM6.5 (via haret.exe & clrcad.exe)?
It should be feasible to implement even easier than for WM6.5 - maybe some sort of chroot, how do you think?

Your project here allows to start any NativeSD ROM but from WM6.5...
However after Android ROM is already started this way then if you wish to switch to another NativeSD Android ROM you had to reboot the phone, start WM6.5 first and only then to choose another Android via your tool. It is cumbersome, time and battery consuming.
Personally speaking, it is the main obstacle discouraging me from having WM6.5 installed on NAND. In fact I need WM6.5 and NativeSD scheme renders Android on NAND of no gain, so my NAND stays idle for now (if not to mention cLK and sboot...xboot partitons).
So, Android version of your Multiple Android-Starter would make the great difference!
28th November 2012, 05:12 PM |#44  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ictimai

Thank you very much for your so needed project!
However would you ponder to advance even one step further and make Android version of your Multiple Android-Starter?
Why not to bypass WM6.5 when switching between various NativeSD Androids?
Why not to make it possible to boot another NativeSD ROM directly from other curently running Android ROM, in the same fashion as it is done from WM6.5 (via haret.exe & clrcad.exe)?
It should be feasible to implement even easier than for WM6.5 - maybe some sort of chroot, how do you think?

Your project here allows to start any NativeSD ROM but from WM6.5...
However after Android ROM is already started this way then if you wish to switch to another NativeSD Android ROM you had to reboot the phone, start WM6.5 first and only then to choose another Android via your tool. It is cumbersome, time and battery consuming.
Personally speaking, it is the main obstacle discouraging me from having WM6.5 installed on NAND. In fact I need WM6.5 and NativeSD scheme renders Android on NAND of no gain, so my NAND stays idle for now (if not to mention cLK and sboot...xboot partitons).
So, Android version of your Multiple Android-Starter would make the great difference!

Hi,
thanks for your feedback. In an other thread, you have seen datadr's great tool... this is the ultimate android tool for NativeSD...

My tool is not a bootloader, it's the WindowsMobile tool to start NativeSD-ROMs. It's for people (like me), who need the best of both worlds (some apps with WinMob, some apps with android) and who want to have a simple tool to switch. Also it uses the great advantage of NativeSD, that you can use different android version...

The Following User Says Thank You to o82239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o82239 Ad-Free
30th November 2012, 06:50 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Of course, o82239, but I've rather meant to fast switch between various NativeSD Android ROMs without rebooting the device. If you have WM6.5 on NAND then first you have to boot WM and only afterwards from top of it you may start one of your NativeSD ROMs. So, if you're already in your started this way NativeSD Android and want to run another ROM from your NativeSD installations then you must to reboot the phone and treat your WM as sort of bootloader.
So why not to start one Android from another Android in the same fashion as you used to start an Android from WM so far?
30th November 2012, 09:42 PM |#46  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ictimai

Of course, o82239, but I've rather meant to fast switch between various NativeSD Android ROMs without rebooting the device. If you have WM6.5 on NAND then first you have to boot WM and only afterwards from top of it you may start one of your NativeSD ROMs. So, if you're already in your started this way NativeSD Android and want to run another ROM from your NativeSD installations then you must to reboot the phone and treat your WM as sort of bootloader.
So why not to start one Android from another Android in the same fashion as you used to start an Android from WM so far?

Hi,
because my tool isn't a bootloader, you have to start WinMob. But if you accept a delay of 10-15 sec., you can automatically start it in WinMob. You only have to create a shortcut in the AutoStart-folder (p.a. with Total Commander or other filemanager, see the next picture) and reboot the phone.
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture007.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1525327

P.S.: I also tried the regkeys ( HKLM/init/Launch* ) and it starts, but it's not almost on the top and its only some milliseconds faster...

P.S.S: If you want a android-tool -> use the great tool from datagr and a bootloader like magldr or clk... datagr's tool copies the relevant files too and could reboot android to start into the bootloader...

Try it and report, what do you think about the startup-folder...

17th December 2012, 09:40 PM |#47  
OP Member

More
quick auto launch tytung backup...
Hi @all WinMobil/Android user,
some day ago I wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczepanik

... How about a quick link to auto launch Tytung backup program ?
Cheers
Tom

Today I've read much about initrd.gz and have extract the file of Xylographs great 4extrecovery... it's very interesting... do you know, if someone has build a mini-OS (like the 4extrecovery), that auto launch a aroma-zip-file (like Tytungs great backup tool)? If I or we can build it, I would integrate it in my NativeSD-tool from first post...

today I've build the mini-android, which only starts Tytungs backup/recovery program... I've only tested it with original htc-WinMobile-6.5 ROM.

Installation:
  1. download the great 4extrecovery from Xylograph, extract and copy all files to the SD-Card in the folder 4extrecovery
  2. download the great Tytung backup program (or from his NativeSD Touch Recovery website) and copy the zip-file in the root of the SD-Card
  3. rename the "initrd.gz" from the 4extrecovery-folder to "initrd.gz.xylo"
  4. download the "initrd.gz" from this post and copy it in the 4extrecovery-folder on the SD-Card
  5. copy the "initrd.gz" to "initrd.gz.tytung"
  6. start my tool of the first post and boot into "Recovery"...
...now, after round about 15 sec. the backup/recovery-tool is started...
  • If you want to go back to the original 4extrecovery: Copy "initrd.gz.xylo" to "initrd.gz" (in the 4extrecovery-folder of the SD-Card)
  • If you want to go back to the Tytung backup tool in the 4extrecovery: Copy the "initrd.gz.tytung" to "initrd.gz" (in the 4extrecovery-folder of the SD-Card)

Note: This is the very first release with hard coded folder and zip-files. If we all want to have an other folder, other tools or other things, let us discuss.

Please test it, if it works on your phones and give me a feedback...

Download new initrd.gz
initrd.gz

Cheers
Klaus
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to o82239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o82239 Ad-Free
18th December 2012, 10:10 PM |#48  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag mi patria en mis zapatos
Thanks Meter: 2,593

More
Quote:

Please test it, if it works on your phones and give me a feedback...

Cheers
Klaus

Hi Klaus, working fine in my new rom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poyensa Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 08:48 PM |#49  
OP Member

More
new version 5
Hi,
I've updated the tool (version 5) in the first post of this thread.

Changes in version 5:
- Add List of the recovery-versions (4EXTRecovery or twrp)
- New sort-order (NativeSD-ROMs on the top)

Thanks to poyensa for the feedback ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o82239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o82239 Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 09:49 PM |#50  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag mi patria en mis zapatos
Thanks Meter: 2,593

More
looks nice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-15_10-32-32-PM.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1648228  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poyensa Ad-Free
20th January 2013, 03:22 PM |#51  
OP Member

More
version 5 supports "Recovery for tytung-backuptool"
Hi,
info: Version 5 supports
Recovery for tytung-backuptool (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android)
The first post of this thread is updated

Cheers
Klaus
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to o82239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o82239 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
native sd, nativesd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)