[ROM] CyanogenMod 11 [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

eak1080

Aug 5, 2011
Ok, thank you for all the immediate feedback, as things are found out/issues discovered I will continue to update the OP.

I have linked 2 picasa sync enabled gallery 2.apk's in the OP

Along with Updating the instructions to be clear which recovery to have.

We do have to keep in mind that this is still the first nightly:D

sona911

May 28, 2010
I would like also to report that apps keep asking for root access every time they run although the remember action is checked in the super user app.

Also long pressing the home button brings the recently opened tasks along with the Google Now button

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Just in case anyone asks, tethering is not available for now.

Still, for a first nightly, this is good.

Reactions: p0izn

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
I have linked 2 picasa sync enabled gallery 2.apk's in the OP

Anyone have any luck with either of those two picasa sync enabled galleries?

I copied the first one into /system/app with ES File Explorer and it didn't work, I installed the latter via recovery and it also didn't work. Both of them just don't show up under the app list for me.

jonkillops

Feb 18, 2007
Hidden Valley Lake, CA
Does anyone know if there are any differences between the Stock calendar app and the Google calendar app in the market? They looked the same to me besides the top bar color. Just wondering if they function the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Does anyone know if there are any differences between the Stock calendar app and the Google calendar app in the market? They looked the same to me besides the top bar color. Just wondering if they function the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The one on the market should be newer with various bugfixes and enhancements like being able to link up to your contacts.

n3ocort3x

May 10, 2012
Vienna
First: MANY MANY thanks for bringing CM10.1 to N7 3G (as soon as i have my thanks limit removed be sure, they are yours :) )

Run it the whole day and want to quick report:

Issues / requests / working stuff:

-) SU asks permanently for permissons (no remember, even when checked)
-) Maybe a solution would be with SU from chainfire root (will check that tomorrow)

I know its not standard but i want to mention it:

-) no wifi thetering or USB thetering (for those who are interessted: Easy theter pro works flawlessly with usb thetering, just put it in Cam mode instead of MTP)
-) no custom auto brightness settings yet

-) No problems with multi dpi playstore or changing dpi over build.prop
-) no problems with apps
-) no problems at all (except the one with SU, and thetering)
-) no Problems with 3G / HSDPA

but hey its an early nightly and still awesome !

Last edited:
Reactions: Sib64

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
So I've tried out this build of CM10.1 pretty thoroughly.

I notice that most of the failings of the stock ROM aren't addressed in this early nightly yet either.

• No tethering
  • No automatic USB mounting of external drives
  • No camera app exposed for front-facing camera
  • No SMS app
  • Dialing not enabled in build, so can't use apps like Google Voice Callback to dial even without using the tablet as a phone directly
Are the maintainers of this branch of CM10.1 planning on addressing these as the build progresses, or are they planning on following Google's lead on these issues and leaving them as is?

Other issues not related to fixing stock, most already noted by others:

• Superuser keeps asking to re-create permissions already granted
  • There are exposed vibration options, even though the Nexus 7 has no vibration
  • Long-press home is bringing up recent apps
On CM10 on my phone, there was a feature called Expandable Desktop that could be added to the power menu in order to hide the navigation buttons and notification bar, but that doesn't seem to be present here. Any chance we'll see it in the future?

As noted, in the OP, the Quick Settings pull-down has a lot of wonkiness associated with it such as not disabling when disabled, but I didn't see anything wrong with the Clock.

One odd bug that I saw is that the status bar showed me as connected to cellular with blue data, such that everything should be working, but I couldn't get anything to load in any app and had to toggle airplane mode to get everything working again. I've never seen that one on stock before.

Reactions: Sib64

Feenfleisch

Nov 22, 2010
i need help plz. i flash the rom, but now the nexus stay on the cyangenmod logo and nothing move. thx alot and greetz

hasafly

Apr 11, 2010
GSM Voice Support?

Hi,

this ROM already supports GSM Voice calls on Nexus 7 ?

Regards

So I've tried out this build of CM10.1 pretty thoroughly.
I notice that most of the failings of the stock ROM aren't addressed in this early nightly yet either.
  • No tethering
  • No automatic USB mounting of external drives
  • No camera app exposed for front-facing camera
  • No SMS app
  • Dialing not enabled in build, so can't use apps like Google Voice Callback to dial even without using the tablet as a phone directly
Are the maintainers of this branch of CM10.1 planning on addressing these as the build progresses, or are they planning on following Google's lead on these issues and leaving them as is?

Other issues not related to fixing stock, most already noted by others:

• Superuser keeps asking to re-create permissions already granted
  • There are exposed vibration options, even though the Nexus 7 has no vibration
  • Long-press home is bringing up recent apps
On CM10 on my phone, there was a feature called Expandable Desktop that could be added to the power menu in order to hide the navigation buttons and notification bar, but that doesn't seem to be present here. Any chance we'll see it in the future?

As noted, in the OP, the Quick Settings pull-down has a lot of wonkiness associated with it such as not disabling when disabled, but I didn't see anything wrong with the Clock.

One odd bug that I saw is that the status bar showed me as connected to cellular with blue data, such that everything should be working, but I couldn't get anything to load in any app and had to toggle airplane mode to get everything working again. I've never seen that one on stock before.

First: MANY MANY thanks for bringing CM10.1 to N7 3G (as soon as i have my thanks limit removed be sure, they are yours :) )
Run it the whole day and want to quick report:

Issues / requests / working stuff:
-) SU asks permanently for permissons (no remember, even when checked)
-) Maybe a solution would be with SU from chainfire root (will check that tomorrow)

I know its not standard but i want to mention it:

-) no wifi thetering or USB thetering (for those who are interessted: Easy theter pro works flawlessly with usb thetering, just put it in Cam mode instead of MTP)
-) no custom auto brightness settings yet

-) No problems with multi dpi playstore or changing dpi over build.prop
-) no problems with apps
-) no problems at all (except the one with SU, and thetering)
-) no Problems with 3G / HSDPA

but hey its an early nightly and still awesome !

Thanks for these good reports :good:

SergioTeddy

Aug 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hello,

For me what bothers is the lack of a data toggle in widget settings and in quick settings i have been using widgetsoid insted , after all this is a 3G tablet

Last edited:

Januka

Jan 4, 2011
i need help plz. i flash the rom, but now the nexus stay on the cyangenmod logo and nothing move. thx alot and greetz

that happened to me either:

to solve you have to make a factory reset before flashing the rom (there is an option in recovery to do that; you find it in wipe menu if you got TWRP recovery), that worked to me.

also to be sure wipe cache and dalvik cache after flashing

Last edited:
did u make any type of wipe ?
Two things are really important before to flash a new rom.
1 - A Nandroid backup - that the first thing that you can do
2 - Generally, a full wipe + factory reset when you want to change of rom. Even some devs includes in our rom these wipes during the flash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat

428436.jpg

#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features
    * included in this ROM before flashing it!
    */

Nexus 7 Thread

Installation Instructions:
    1. Download from: GET.CM

STABLE 10.2 LINK

2. Download GAPPS from: LINK

3. Place on SD card(internal storage)
    Note: The latest TWRP(tilapia) or CWM is needed
    4. Reboot to recovery, Install XXX-tilapia.zip, Install gapps.zip
    5. Reboot and enjoy :D
    6. For new Nightlies use the build in CM updater.

Changelog

If you want to know the bleeding edge of what is being worked on/Merged

1. Nexus 7 Gerrit
    3. CM Google+

UPDATES

1. CM 10.2 is the stable android 4.3.1 build.

2. For those that want Picasa Sync rmkilc created This. Give him thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lets try and keep this thread clean. Please use search, there is no need for the same question being asked and answered every few pages.
    @temasek and others

screenshot_2013-09-01dds6v.png

It was a pain and took me 2 days.. ( every build takes me 5 hours, every repo sync 30 minutes, and yeah.. the merging...i dont want to count the hours
    did the first time an own device tree :p)

but finally everything works cm10.2 for tilapia.

Will upload the build shortly but my interent is so slow so it will take a few hours
    Majorly update OP. lots of old links fixed and new ones added because we now have OFFICIAL nightlies of CM 10.2
    fattire did reply my PM.

He said he doesn't own tilapia and also doesn't have tilapia repos & github permissions for tilapia.

I've written a PM to nemith asking about cm10.2 for tilapia. Hopefully he reads.

Regards
    Temasek
    created an own thread now so we dont get to offtopic here as its a 10.1.X thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428618

@temasek

DEVICE TREE UPLOADED :
    https://github.com/n3ocort3x/android_device_asus_tilapia

Thanks to @n3ocort3x I've resumed my cm builds but I'm not creating a thread here since my last tilapia thread closure.

Those who knows my download sites can go ahead and try.

And many thanks again to n3ocort3x for the tilapia device tree which points out my mistake in my failure to bring tilapia up.

Regards
    Temasek