FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 286

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th December 2012, 10:04 PM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murks28

Hi all

Does anybody know if there is a similar app for extracting naver line chats? There is a SQLite file for the chats similar to Whatsapp files. But I am not a python expert to adjust the scripts on my own :/

Best wishes
Sue

That would be nice :P

17th December 2012, 07:17 PM |#412  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Great tool :)
It really helped me!

One thing I've noticed, when i'm dragging more than one db file to the whatsapp_xtract_drag'n'drop_database(s)_here.bat, and when the db files and the scripts files are in a separate directories - only the first file is being decrypted.
From what I've seen, on the second file, the script is looking for the whatsapp_xtract.py in the db's location instead of the scripts location.

example:

D:\Users\Ariel\Desktop\WhatsApp\Databases>python "D:\Users\Ariel\Downloads\Whatsapp_Xtract_V2.2_2012-11-17\whatsapp_xtract.py" D:\Users\Ariel\Desktop\WhatsApp\Databases\msgstore-2012-09-29.1.db.crypt
Python Version 2.x
Android mode!

trying to repair android database...
trying to decrypt android database...
decrypted database written to D:\Users\Ariel\Desktop\WhatsApp\Databases\msgstore-2012-09-29.1.plain.db
printing output to D:\Users\Ariel\Desktop\WhatsApp\Databases\msgstore-2012-09-29.1.db.html ...
done!

D:\Users\Ariel\Desktop\WhatsApp\Databases>python "D:\Users\Ariel\Desktop\WhatsApp\Databases\whatsapp _xtract.py" D:\Users\Ariel\Desktop\WhatsApp\Databases\msgstore-2012-09-30.1.db.crypt
python: can't open file 'D:\Users\Ariel\Desktop\WhatsApp\Databases\whatsap p_xtract.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

for now im just copying them to the same directory, faster than one by one

Thanks for the tool!!
20th December 2012, 12:40 PM |#413  

More
Thumbs up
Hey thanx its working
but its showing chats of last 4-5 days only
why its not showing older chats???
21st December 2012, 07:03 AM |#414  

More
Exclamation hey there again!
Is there any way to figure out the day, month and year from a chatstorage.sqlite database, by opening it with notepad? I mean, does that code that is before the message or somethin' else, could tell me what the date was??
21st December 2012, 07:10 AM |#415  

More
Whatsapp.exe
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopyar

Hi,

I have develop a new tool, which do the same but extremely easy to use.
You dont need to install anything, just execute 1 file (whatsapp.exe) and the database is decrypted, and also converted to .CSV which could be opened just by double click on it.

It is very easy to use, as you just put the encypted file, execute the whatsapp.exe and thats all.
Forget to install python, and any complex configuration. Just 1 file.

Advice me if you want to test it. I wil upload a video on youtube soon.

droopy

I would desperately like to test it.... Please send me your whatsapp.exe file. Hv blackberry messageStore.db
Thanks!
21st December 2012, 09:12 AM |#416  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantizbest0128

Hey thanx its working
but its showing chats of last 4-5 days only
why its not showing older chats???

mine shows upto the most recent msg. but do a manual backup of your chat history first then copy that db...

anyways this tool is great! I was wondering though if someone is able to help me with my problem from within whatsapp. my previous images (sent and received) are no longer openable after I reinstalled whatsapp and restored the history. when I click on the thumbnails from within the conversation it says "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your SD card." but the images are all still there as I can view them from the gallery or file manager or even the PC. any new pictures sent/received after the re-installation work fine. and those new pictures are also in the same folder as the previous pictures. my whatsapp installation has always been on the internal SD card. it seems like the links of the previous images are broken somehow?

running this tool and opening the resulting html file correctly links to the all images though.
22nd December 2012, 09:48 AM |#417  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello,

I have used this tool and it works perfect, thanks for it.

I want to ask is I have two whatsapp backup files, (one from my old mobile and one from my new mobile). Both whatsapp were registered on the same phone number.

Is it possible to merge both these ,db files and use it in my new phone (so that I can get my old messages also)

I wasn't aware of this backup thing of whats app when I changed the phone but I did however copy the whole file system before formatting it and selling the old phone.

-I apologise if this is a duplicat post, I hope I made myself understandable.

Thanks.
24th December 2012, 05:08 PM |#418  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Info 2 Whatsapp iPhone to Android DB converter
if anyone wants to try/help, here's the link to the google drive folder for the Whatsapp iPhone to Android DB converter
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5...pJNFZlYzA/edit

it's working correctly but still does not handle some features like group chats (multiple recipients chats) and media (images/positions/etc). i had no spare time to work on the code since september, anyway any alpha-tester is welcome (just click on the link and ask to join the folder)!
The Following User Says Thank You to ark0n3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ark0n3 Ad-Free
26th December 2012, 02:42 AM |#419  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 46

More
you litterally saved my life... read my story :| http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=779
a big thank you (I know it's forbidden, sorry )
4th January 2013, 11:18 PM |#420  

More
editiing the outcome
hi,

i would like to thank you for this thread and your whole work. Everythink worked fine and im pretty thankfull for this.

i ve got now all my conversations in this html file and i would like to filter just one of this chats. tried it with a normal html editor, but ofcourse all the smilies where gone. Do you have a program in mind, with which i could delete all the other chats and still keep the smilies and aöüä and stuff?

thank you very much
greetings
gody12
5th January 2013, 12:25 AM |#421  
Flag Surabaya "Hero City"
Thanks Meter: 6

More
did you have any video tutorials to use it..??
i'm little hard to use it..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)