HTC One S with NFC ?

Search This thread

salutcemoi

Oct 29, 2012
Try to download Google Wallet from the Play Store:

It will say something like : " this app is not supported by your device"

AKToronto

I think the best that we can hope for is for a smart company or group of ppl to come up with credit card sized device that can connect to your phone via bluetooth and provide a link between NFC and bluetooth.

Im sure someone is working on this. Bluetooth signals can be encrypted too, so I think our best bet is to stop wishing for the impossible, and check out specs, etc for such a device, and then lobby google play, etc to allow Google Wallet to be downloaded onto your device assuming it can support a bluetooth connected seperate NFC device.

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I think the best that we can hope for is for a smart company or group of ppl to come up with credit card sized device that can connect to your phone via bluetooth and provide a link between NFC and bluetooth.

Im sure someone is working on this. Bluetooth signals can be encrypted too, so I think our best bet is to stop wishing for the impossible, and check out specs, etc for such a device, and then lobby google play, etc to allow Google Wallet to be downloaded onto your device assuming it can support a bluetooth connected seperate NFC device.

Still wouldn't trust it. Google wallet isn't completely secure yet.
Not to mention bluetooth is less secure than WPA. (WPA can be hacked in under 5 minutes)
And you're increasing the range of broadcast by using bluetooth, whereas NFC is a small distance.

AKToronto

Still wouldn't trust it. Google wallet isn't completely secure yet.
Not to mention bluetooth is less secure than WPA. (WPA can be hacked in under 5 minutes)
And you're increasing the range of broadcast by using bluetooth, whereas NFC is a small distance.

Good point PcFish. I was thinking about this too. What would be interesting though is a card that could connect to your phone via bluetooth or a teather, and then function on its own as an NFC device, so that you could turn the bluetooth off but still have some relevant info flashed to the card. That would solve the issue of bluetooth and range.

It should be possible!

AK

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Good point PcFish. I was thinking about this too. What would be interesting though is a card that could connect to your phone via bluetooth or a teather, and then function on its own as an NFC device, so that you could turn the bluetooth off but still have some relevant info flashed to the card. That would solve the issue of bluetooth and range.

It should be possible!

AK

May as well have a stand-alone NFC device dedicated for the stuff. lol.

But I do get where you're coming from. I was thinking maybe something like those credit card swipe doohickeys they have for smartphones that plug into the headphone jack. Where instead of a credit card thing, there's an NFC modem.

bb2htc

Aug 17, 2010
Anyone checked for NFC after the JB update?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Terminator19

Mar 13, 2011
It doesn't matter if a metal or plastic body is being used.

The Sony xperia P has an all aluminium uni-body yet it has NFC.

They probably didn't include it because the X would have one less advantage over the S.

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
It doesn't matter if a metal or plastic body is being used.

The Sony xperia P has an all aluminium uni-body yet it has NFC.

They probably didn't include it because the X would have one less advantage over the S.

And nfc isn't exactly main stream yet. So why put it in(which raises production cost) when there's hardly any places to use it.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cannondale0815

Dverez

Jun 4, 2012
That phone on the video might have been the One SV on a test bench, (just bought one for my girlfriend a few weeks ago).
(NFC, LTE, micro SD slot added over the S version).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I took my S4 into the smallest pieces (even the shields above the chips on the motherboard) and I did not found any chip with NXP on it.
    I found one chip which was a TriQuint TQM7M5013 (Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE-Linear Power Amplifier Module) next to the 2 Samsung memory chips and the Qualcomm processor.
    I still have hope there might be a NFC chip in the S3 models...
    I've had real evidence that the HTC One S supports NFC.

unfortunately an UFO with green creatures went by and soldered the chip out :(

I love this thread...keep posting and stay tuned!
    If you do it again, please post some pictures! Gadget pr0n ftw!

First of all I wanted to but I could not find my old camera because lately I used my phone only, secondly I`m newbie on this site and the forum motor would not let me to post any links. I`m not sure If I could upload any picture directly (today I`ve found my old digital camera so I could make pictures).

Mod: I made some pictures now and uploading to my Dropbox.
    Hey moderator could you close this thread?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    We don't have NFC !

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

What is your proof / source of knowledge. Please don't post if you don't evidence or any knowledge at all about a topic.