[MOD][TWJB4.1.2 i605 Base ONLY]TabletUI w/Floating Multiwindow *7/19/13*

Search This thread

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Go into xposed installer. Make sure you have framework installed. Then toto modules tab and make sure tweakbox is checked

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

drum747

Mar 4, 2011
Dogtown, Or
Deckoz, replacing the flash bar service apk resolved my multi window issue. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Go into xposed installer. Make sure you have framework installed. Then toto modules tab and make sure tweakbox is checked

Yeah thats good on that front so it must be something else . Im using the ics jb installer should I try the jb only installer ?

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Im at a loss.

Also I searched for people that have done lidroid on tablets....but no luck. The Wanam files are already implemented in the phone half but the note 10.1s tablet UI .smali files are completely different...I don't think anyone has done it with a tablet UI. Im gonna see if I can inject it with different arrays. Remove the screenshot button. Replace with app drawer button and them it all black and ics blue

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Just to be clear this wont work on 4.1.2 and clean rom cuz there seems to be a issue with beans compatibility.

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
I did say in the title 4.1.1 only.....what do you mean issue being compatible with beans?

It won't work on 4.1.2 because different framework calls

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
I did say in the title 4.1.1 only.....what do you mean issue being compatible with beans?

It won't work on 4.1.2 because different framework calls

Yeah I know just pushing it lol. sorry . I got tablet ui as posted above but is tbe xposed not taking effect that got me. I even reflashed and no luck clean install. But with clean 3.5 xposed is flawless someone meantioned in another thread maybe something in beans affecting xposed framework.

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
I have been running beans since adamn unlocked us. This works on beans. Im running it on beans and modded for beans. Which is based off of stock TW4.1.1. I wont be supporting 4.1.2 or 4.2 until we get an touchwiz ota. Also the tablet code is from the note 10.1 4.1.1 so until both the tablet and note2 gets an update we don't get an update, sorry homie.

What made you think it won't work on beans and/or what are you having troubles with?

I am working on resizing the icons(bigger - menu/battery/inputmethod/alarm/wifi/data/signal) and retheming. As well as removing the screenshot button in place for the app drawer. I contacted wanam to see if he could give me some ideas to implement lidroids code on the tablet side since it was already in there for the phone with the base apk I started with. If someone has or knows an example of a samsung tablet rom(with true tablet ui) with lidroid toggles let me know. It would help figure out how to inject the hook.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reactions: xdadevnube

Just about right

Jul 14, 2007
I have been running beans since adamn unlocked us. This works on beans. Im running it on beans and modded for beans. Which is based off of stock TW4.1.1. I wont be supporting 4.1.2 or 4.2 until we get an touchwiz ota. Also the tablet code is from the note 10.1 4.1.1 so until both the tablet and note2 gets an update we don't get an update, sorry homie.

What made you think it won't work on beans and/or what are you having troubles with?

I am working on resizing the icons(bigger - menu/battery/inputmethod/alarm/wifi/data/signal) and retheming. As well as removing the screenshot button in place for the app drawer. I contacted wanam to see if he could give me some ideas to implement lidroids code on the tablet side since it was already in there for the phone with the base apk I started with. If someone has or knows an example of a samsung tablet rom(with true tablet ui) with lidroid toggles let me know. It would help figure out how to inject the hook.

I say this because in earlier posts, I was running beans v4 and could not get this to work. I tried for a full day. I can get it to reboot, but the system won't load. I get NFC error, android stopped working and such. If you could walk me through, I would greatly appreciate it, because I would love to use this mod.
I even put in twrp to make sure fix persmission was doing what it needed to.

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Nfc error? This changed nothing to do with the nfc framework...?

As far as a walk through I dont think I could make it any simpler than the OP. Unless I make a flashable zip. But I like the idea that people will make backups before they change the files.

Just about right

Jul 14, 2007
Nfc error? This changed nothing to do with the nfc framework...?

As far as a walk through I dont think I could make it any simpler than the OP. Unless I make a flashable zip. But I like the idea that people will make backups before they change the files.

I agree, and I don't understand what is going on either. I have followed your instructions to the "T" and still get the same issue. Check you PM please.

Just about right

Jul 14, 2007
I finally got it working (thank you Deckoz2302) and I have been able to get Xposed App Settings running. Having beans v4 and the status bar on the bottom along with individual dpi for applications. This is a dream come true. Thank you for this great mod.

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
No prob. Btw guys here is the updated per app dpi application by the xposed creators. They have gotten most of the kinks worked out. So no more editing xml files to set per app dpi. Just use this interface and make sure you enable the module in xposed.

http://db.tt/cvz99A2Q

breakerfall

May 7, 2006
Good stuff here, Deckoz. Thanks for your hard work.

Any idea what I can do about these microscopic notification icons (right of the clock)?
e7evu9y5.jpg

Edit (good thing I'm trying to condition myself to stay up late tomorrow!)
Got it fixed by messing with systemui in xposed app settings.

Last edited:

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Thanks guys. I rethemed and fixed the 4g icon to show 4glte but still trying to figure out custom toggles before I upload.

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Screenshot_2012-12-31-10-27-07.png

Getting there. Trying to get the sizes to stay a static size but the menu button and battery keep reverting back and forth

breakerfall

May 7, 2006
Looking good. Any chance you can kill that screen shot button? It's useless and I can't figure out why they thought it was important enough to even add in the first place.

Also, not that I don't love this tablet mode, but I like specific apps in tablet mode even more. Could I have applied l the xposed stuff without using your tablet mode mod and still changed per app dpi?

Thanks again :)

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Oh, and maybe that zoom button, too. Nothing looks good zoomed, esp if we've got the options in xposed to play with.

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Yep working on killing zoom and screenshot. And making two versions one with and one without an app drawer button. Lol sorry im slow. Java is not my language of choice lol.

Also yes xposed works without my mod.

Reactions: eBoody

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed. Full rom available

TransNebula Tab
    Almost done making this mod flashable....gotta edit see settings some more and android policy. As well edit systemui to be compatible with beans custom status bar settings... but the change list so far is

-minimize working
    -quicksettings added in to select screenshot/app drawer/ search/none
    -multiwindow manager xposed hook injected(so app selection works
    -multidpi samsung keyboard
    -themed
    -settings no longer crashing when set at a tablet dpi..
    -corrected icon sizes

Anyway few more days hopefully...and once its finished it should be damn near perfect and I should be able to convince beans to include it in upcoming updates

Preview
    20130709105738_zps0dfa9453.png

20130709105559_zps30958625.png

Excuse the galaxy nexus model number I just got done setting up wallet...again lol
    Ok soooo...I had to start all over but this should end up being a little better

-wanam lidroid 23 toggles? (I had it workibg before I started over so hooray?!)
    -resized the extended status bar
    -1% battery mod
    -removed ima and wifi ongoing noti
    -themed ics blue (not in pic but its done!)
    -changed settings intent launch
    -miui battery bar
    -fixed keyboard so SPen still works
    -fixed keyboard to work from 160-320dpi
    -fixed stock contacts to remove the alignment issue with the search panel on call log/favorites/contacts
    -themed framework
    -fixed reboot menu
    -tablet browser

20130716085600_zps4764cd22.png

Sorry I keep pushing this back I just want it to be perfect. It should work on any VZW based rom...soon guys I promise
    Ok guys. Getting very close. Im thinking about releasing build 1 late saturday. The rom will be called Trans-Nebula Tab.....

Preview..lol

20130731150711_zps1c87464b.png
    This is just a preliminary release so no theming etc - to go into settings long press a toggle....

Let me know what all you guys notice aside from the following

-keyboard switcher
    -settungs crashes on opening when using launcher or icon but not toggles
    -power menu is white

http://db.tt/9u7Ccxem

Flash in twrp then goto mount and mount system. Go back goto advanced and file manager. Navigate to system/etc/permissions and delete com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml

This will keep one handed operation
    Set contacts to 320dpi @ 480x854
    Calculator 320 @ 480 x 854
    Camera 320 dpi @ 480x854
    Phone 320 dpi @ 480 x854

This will fix the only other alignment issue I know of
    Clock 320 @ 480 x 854 keeps desk clock lined up