FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] *TrackMe* GPS/WiFi/Cell Tracking tool for Google Earth/GM Now avail for Android

2,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

Post Reply Email Thread
10th December 2012, 04:16 PM |#211  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
tonny3k just fixed the "Private system" error when exporting a route to KML or GPX from the web viewer! It should be working now. I have also updated the server files for people using their own servers.
Thanks, Tony!

Enjoy!

27th December 2012, 05:42 AM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I made a tasker addon for trackme. There are three profiles in the attachment.

Logging profile
: This one does the logging. I have it set for every 5 minutes to get a gps fix and generate the url to upload to the server and store it in an array. You can change the repeat time to whatever time you want. edit the array push at the end and put your username and password in there. Most of this profile consists of getting a gps fix and splitting the variables apart then generating a url that is compatible with the TrackMe server.

Metro Gps Logging: This is a sample profile that will start the logging and set the track name to whatever you want. I have a car that has a bluetooth radio so I have it set so when it is connected to the radio it turns on logging and sets the trackname to the car name. It could be set to start logging for whatever triggers you want to set, and whatever trackname you want to give it. I have 5 total profiles that start logging ranging from bluetooth connecting, car docks, wired headset plugged in during the morning means I am jogging. Anything you can think of really. Just set the trackname and logging=1 to start logging and set logging=0 to turn it off.

Upload Logs: Edit the server name and path to match your upload server. I left a vibrate function in there so you can check to see if it is working. It sometimes doesn't reliably trigger this profile. I will have to experiment with it at a later date to get it to reliably trigger once it gets an internet connection, but it will eventually get all the values uploaded from the array the way it is now. They just sometimes might take a few minutes to start uploading after you regain internet connection.

I hope I am not making any developers mad by uploading this but it seems like a useful addon for TrackMe. I have been using this program since the windows mobile days and haven't found anything else that is as good. I was just wanting a way to automatically log my activities without having to manually start it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tasker-trackmeuploader.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.1 KB, 217 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blah123456 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blah123456 Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 06:30 PM |#213  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah123456

I made a tasker addon for trackme. There are three profiles in the attachment.

Logging profile
: This one does the logging. I have it set for every 5 minutes to get a gps fix and generate the url to upload to the server and store it in an array. You can change the repeat time to whatever time you want. edit the array push at the end and put your username and password in there. Most of this profile consists of getting a gps fix and splitting the variables apart then generating a url that is compatible with the TrackMe server.

Metro Gps Logging: This is a sample profile that will start the logging and set the track name to whatever you want. I have a car that has a bluetooth radio so I have it set so when it is connected to the radio it turns on logging and sets the trackname to the car name. It could be set to start logging for whatever triggers you want to set, and whatever trackname you want to give it. I have 5 total profiles that start logging ranging from bluetooth connecting, car docks, wired headset plugged in during the morning means I am jogging. Anything you can think of really. Just set the trackname and logging=1 to start logging and set logging=0 to turn it off.

Upload Logs: Edit the server name and path to match your upload server. I left a vibrate function in there so you can check to see if it is working. It sometimes doesn't reliably trigger this profile. I will have to experiment with it at a later date to get it to reliably trigger once it gets an internet connection, but it will eventually get all the values uploaded from the array the way it is now. They just sometimes might take a few minutes to start uploading after you regain internet connection.

I hope I am not making any developers mad by uploading this but it seems like a useful addon for TrackMe. I have been using this program since the windows mobile days and haven't found anything else that is as good. I was just wanting a way to automatically log my activities without having to manually start it.

blah123456,

I appreciate your effort and that you share your work with the community. I'm sure many people will find it useful.
I will add an entry in the main post with a link to this post. Thanks!

Edit: I have put the link in the second post of the thread.
2nd March 2013, 11:21 AM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
hej _LEM_, as i got my hd2 back recently, i can use the best app there is out there (your app) again. - if you have to much time some time, i would still fancy an iphone version ...
The Following User Says Thank You to kb1313 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kb1313 Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 05:57 PM |#215  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1313

hej _LEM_, as i got my hd2 back recently, i can use the best app there is out there (your app) again. - if you have to much time some time, i would still fancy an iphone version ...

Sorry for the delay, kb1313

Thanks for your comments! To be honest, I really don't know the status of the iPhone version that the company that acquired TrackMe was working on. I will let you know if I find out something.

Take care and I hope you keep enjoying TrackMe for a long time!
7th March 2013, 04:48 AM |#216  
Account currently disabled
Flag tallahasseee
Thanks Meter: 798

More
Re: [APP]*TrackMe* GPS/WiFi/Cell Tracking tool for Google Earth/GM Now avail for Andr
Sorry buy I have say this iPhone is hot garbage :thumbdown:

AOKP B4 NOS V0.0.7
19th June 2013, 08:04 PM |#217  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
new web viewer
Hi!

I tried posting this in web development thread, but I don't have 10 posts
When I earn some points I may repost it there, where it belongs

I wrote a web viewer for TrackMe data. It is a complete rewrite of the original viewer. The only thing that is left of old viewer is interface look and feel.
It uses Google Maps API v3 but I plan to implement also an OpenStreetMap alternative.
My viewer is based on ajax, so everything works dynamically without page reloading.
I use TrackMe on Android, so I implemented only the functions present in this version. There is no support for photos or comments. I will surely add those features when they become present on Android
On the other hand I added altitudes graph. I thought about adding other graphs (like speed) and statistics but gps data I get with the Android app often miss info like speed, angle etc. (why?)
The code is GPL, so everybody can contribute or reuse it. If you make changes to it please contribute your patches back

The code is available at github:
https://github.com/bfabiszewski/phpTrackme

You can see a simple demo at:
http://flaa.fabiszewski.net/phptrackme/
(auto registration of new users from client is blocked on this site)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uszu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uszu Ad-Free
20th June 2013, 06:07 PM |#218  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
uszu, I posted my reply in the developers post.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post42773478
20th June 2013, 06:15 PM |#219  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
For people using their servers, I just uploaded a new version of the server files with a security issue that uszu found.
Only the file requests.php has been modified.

uszu, thanks again for your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to _LEM_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _LEM_ Ad-Free
7th July 2013, 08:47 PM |#220  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
This app is awesome. Working well on my HTC One and the S4

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
7th July 2013, 09:37 PM |#221  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsidhu

This app is awesome. Working well on my HTC One and the S4

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for that! I'm glad it works well on the S4. I haven't had a chance to test it there yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)