Neck Strap for Touch HD

Search This thread

seal

Jun 18, 2003
Canberra Australia
There is nowhere to hook the neck strap unless you could attach it to a case and its a rather large phone to have hanging around your neck, could be a health hazard.

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
I think Seal's post pretty much sum'ed it up, there's no where to attach the strap, your only hope is some case with a built in loop of sorts, besides that wouldnt you feel a bit of a wa..er walking around with HD swinging all over the place?:D Seal is right again it could be hazardous for yourself or others walking near you:D

nicholasendean

Jul 3, 2005
LONDON
www.nicholasendean.com
Heres the solution

YES YOU CAN!!!

I used a heated pin to melt two tiny holes into the bottom of a plastic hard case which i got from ebay. You then simply thread the neck strap clip as you would normally. I added a touch of epoxy resin to the holes prior to threading the neck strap clip just so the holes wouldn't wear

@homer285....You are right, although you wont look stupid if like myself you put the hanging HD into a shirt pocket. It will move all over the place otherwise.

Last edited:

Sallcho

Nov 28, 2008
neck strap is childish. and if your HD is neck strapped, that's gay. wtf u neck strap a >1000$ phone?

shruff

Jan 12, 2008
YES YOU CAN!!!

I used a heated pin to melt two tiny holes into the bottom of a plastic hard case which i got from ebay. You then simply thread the neck strap clip as you would normally. I added a touch of epoxy resin to the holes prior to threading the neck strap clip just so the holes wouldn't wear

@homer285....You are right, although you wont look stupid if like myself you put the hanging HD into a shirt pocket. It will move all over the place otherwise.

hehehe, might I be correct saying that your last phone died from a serious fall? I have mine in top pocket (without strap) in silicon skin which keeps it there quite well.

Eufeion

Apr 7, 2009
Southampton
TBH Would you wanna show off a £300 phone to chavs & a such when these kinda things on show get people mugged & stabbed?!

Come think people lol!!! :p

vector31337

Feb 23, 2009
las vegas
i did attach a sandisk lanyard from one of my usb thumb drives to my touch diamond so that it would be easy to pull out of my pocket and i wouldnt lose it as easily but i soon realized that htc made one fatal mistake when they designed the strap port
if you have it around your neck for example and you let it fall the case cover pops right off and there goes your 750 dollar brand new diamond on the concrete.

whiplash78

Dec 3, 2008
YES YOU CAN!!!

Could you post a picture of the result ?

thx a lot!:rolleyes:

g1nchy

Dec 6, 2008
Melbourne
tradeshow lanyard

I work in the exhibition industry and having the phone around yourneck is the best thing. I received a tradeshow name badge which had a clear plastic pouch for name badge attached to the lanyard. the phone fit perfectly into the pouchand could be used through theplastic. on oneside o had my accreditation and on the other my phone. it was heart.