Flag Awesomeville, USA
Thanks Meter: 312

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

You cannot go back to ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Really? Not to take up too much of your time Matt, but would you mind elaborating a little why not? I took the JB system OTA, but was able to revert back to ICS using the utility no problem (had to in order to root the phone - my mistake not doing it before taking the update). What's different with their situation? Probably something critical that I'm missing from their typed out situation. Forgive me, I'm a little under the weather
27th December 2012, 10:40 PM |#112  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,490

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsADroid

Really? Not to take up too much of your time Matt, but would you mind elaborating a little why not? I took the JB system OTA, but was able to revert back to ICS using the utility no problem (had to in order to root the phone - my mistake not doing it before taking the update). What's different with their situation? Probably something critical that I'm missing from their typed out situation. Forgive me, I'm a little under the weather

Whoops! I thought I was in my DROID RAZR XT912 thread. You can definitely go back to ICS on the HD lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattlgroff Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 11:37 PM |#113  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Lol I think you had us all scared for a minute.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
28th December 2012, 10:48 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorugreymon

Hello, I'm using a Droid RAZR Maxx HD on the latest JB from system update. I get into fast boot mode by pressing volume down and power until the screen comes up, I tried downgrading to ICS with this utility but I get a bunch of cannot execute fastboot adb commands or something along those lines. I have tried multiple times. I will re-try and post a screenshot of the prompt if needed. Thanks!

So can anyone help with this/getting back to ICS?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
28th December 2012, 04:27 PM |#115  
Flag Maryland

More
Drivers installed? Did you unzip the file before running the bat file? Did you unzip it all in one place?

28th December 2012, 06:40 PM |#116  
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjake

So I finally got my phone and went through the rooting process, I have root and I'm on JB, I triple checked, but I put my Titanium backup folder on my old SD card which before updating I could access on my new phone, but now I can't seem to get to pull it up. I keep getting "Unfortunately, com.motorola.huxvmm.settings has stopped when I choose the storage option in settings. I also can't get my phone to show up as a removable drive to drop the files onto the internal memory. Besides that everything seems fine, any ideas?

If you do indeed have root, FTPDroidPRO will let you transfer files to your Droid from your laptop. You just need to be sure they're both connected to the same WiFi router. FTPDroidPRO will tell you what IP address to use for anonymous ftp. One of its settings is what home folder to use for anonymous. Set it to / and you'll have visibility of the whole phone. The External SD is in /mnt/external1.
28th December 2012, 07:19 PM |#117  

More
Have a big problem
Well y was try to instal dualbox on my Motorola xt910 and when finish to instal android jelly bean the phone is turn off and now i can"t turn on bcz when i connect it on phone charger appear that desktop when show me M and is block there . And i think cuz delete all bcz i try to reset it to factory and noting pls help
28th December 2012, 08:59 PM |#118  

More
Quote:

Hello, I'm using a Droid RAZR Maxx HD on the latest JB from system update. I get into fast boot mode by pressing volume down and power until the screen comes up, I tried downgrading to ICS with this utility but I get a bunch of cannot execute fastboot adb commands or something along those lines. I have tried multiple times. I will re-try and post a screenshot of the prompt if needed. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoClifGo05

Drivers installed? Did you unzip the file before running the bat file? Did you unzip it all in one place?

All unzipped in one place, drivers are installed correctly as far as I know. I've been through the rooting process with my Nexus 10, so I'm not completely clueless. I installed drivers from the Motorola website, is that the coirrect way? Let me know what I can do to fix my problem, and thanks for your response .

The picture I uploaded is the error I get after entering AP Fastboot. My battery is at 100%, and I chose AP Fastboot from the list when prompted. I still get all those errors, I have also tried with a factory reset, re-downloaded all the files, and re-installed drivers. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cmd.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1600314  
29th December 2012, 04:56 PM |#119  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,490

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

All unzipped in one place, drivers are installed correctly as far as I know. I've been through the rooting process with my Nexus 10, so I'm not completely clueless. I installed drivers from the Motorola website, is that the coirrect way? Let me know what I can do to fix my problem, and thanks for your response .

The picture I uploaded is the error I get after entering AP Fastboot. My battery is at 100%, and I chose AP Fastboot from the list when prompted. I still get all those errors, I have also tried with a factory reset, re-downloaded all the files, and re-installed drivers. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Nothing is wrong with your phone or drivers or data.... the problem is you need to unzip it to its own folder on the desktop. If you put it on the root of a harddrive it requires root access and gets messy.
29th December 2012, 09:01 PM |#120  

More
EDIT: I have tried again and it worked great. I have one more question to ask though, what is Safestrap and do I need it for keeping root on JB.
Thanks again for all your help.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
30th December 2012, 01:13 AM |#121  
Flag Maryland

More
Safe strap is used to flash ROMs. It has nothing to do with root itself but you need root to install it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoClifGo05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoClifGo05 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread