FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th April 2009, 07:38 AM |#411  
JZ SmartMort's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burbank
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
Turning off the display...
Hi 600GOL,

I was wondering if there is an option in changeScreen to turn off the display when the screen is facing down. This is a feature in Gyrator & gSen but I feel Gyrator is OK but clunky and too much for my needs. gSen is not usable as the process has to be re-started in order for the display to actually turn off on a face-down event.

If you don't have this as a feature, it would certainly be useful to me and I'm sure for others. When I'm connected to the PC, the screen stays on and I wanna see it off, hence the need for such a feature.

Thanks!
JZ
9th April 2009, 03:06 AM |#412  
Junior Member
Flag dublin
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Div x rotates from landscape to portrait
Hey Guys

Does anyone have DIVX rotate from landscape to portrait. I.e you want to wathc widescreen and it moves to portrait?

Maybe you guys may use other players that are better?

Love this app by the way I left a wee sum to show my respects for 2.5

plese and many thanks

HD TOUCH
9th April 2009, 03:53 PM |#413  
600GOL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort

Hi 600GOL,

I was wondering if there is an option in changeScreen to turn off the display when the screen is facing down. This is a feature in Gyrator & gSen but I feel Gyrator is OK but clunky and too much for my needs. gSen is not usable as the process has to be re-started in order for the display to actually turn off on a face-down event.

If you don't have this as a feature, it would certainly be useful to me and I'm sure for others. When I'm connected to the PC, the screen stays on and I wanna see it off, hence the need for such a feature.

Thanks!
JZ

Yeah, this is on the advanced tab. Does it not work for you?

... I should update the screenshots... I'll get to it soon!
9th April 2009, 04:24 PM |#414  
600GOL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhort

Hey Guys

Does anyone have DIVX rotate from landscape to portrait. I.e you want to wathc widescreen and it moves to portrait?

Maybe you guys may use other players that are better?

Love this app by the way I left a wee sum to show my respects for 2.5

plese and many thanks

HD TOUCH

Are you saying you can't rotate that application? I'm confused... I don;t have an HD so I can't really speak from experience. I've always used TCPMP for video's tho...

Thanks for the support btw... Any little bit motivates me to keep up with the app!

For anyone reading this I'm sorry i've been out of it for a while. Been working on a finger friendly AOL instant messenger application. Check out a screenshot here!
9th April 2009, 06:31 PM |#415  
Junior Member
Flag dublin
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Ben:Glasgow
HD TOUCH
9th April 2009, 07:02 PM |#416  
Junior Member
Flag dublin
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
DIV X
Ive got this all sorted now thanks

Messenger is cool
9th April 2009, 08:44 PM |#417  
Monsterchef's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Yeah, Homeeee,
You make my day!!! just hate netcf3.5 cause of my original O2 GER 1.93 ROM (well, O2 isn't THAT quick in delivering new ROMs, and as HTC made 2 updates within 2 weeks or so in february, they O2-guys decided to wait).
I always wanted an EASY, SMALL app, not a huge one that suffers from "featuritis" - my doctor's diagnostics when he saw my vista-PC ;)
anyway, I'm going to be off-topic here, sorry - in short:
WELL DONE!!!
10th April 2009, 12:45 AM |#418  
JZ SmartMort's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burbank
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Yeah, this is on the advanced tab. Does it not work for you?

... I should update the screenshots... I'll get to it soon!

Wow! The software is really impressive and intuitive. Unlike the others I've tested, it actually works as it should on face-down events. I've taken soft-resets just to see if it works after the reset and it did not disappoint. I will post back if I find anything but so far thought it's EXCELLENT, thanks so much for the quick response and for the great app! I have a feeling this is the keeper after trying all of the alternatives out there.
10th April 2009, 05:43 PM |#419  
600GOL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
nyc
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhort

Ben:Glasgow
HD TOUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhort

Ive got this all sorted now thanks

Messenger is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterchef

Yeah, Homeeee,
You make my day!!! just hate netcf3.5 cause of my original O2 GER 1.93 ROM (well, O2 isn't THAT quick in delivering new ROMs, and as HTC made 2 updates within 2 weeks or so in february, they O2-guys decided to wait).
I always wanted an EASY, SMALL app, not a huge one that suffers from "featuritis" - my doctor's diagnostics when he saw my vista-PC ;)
anyway, I'm going to be off-topic here, sorry - in short:
WELL DONE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort

Wow! The software is really impressive and intuitive. Unlike the others I've tested, it actually works as it should on face-down events. I've taken soft-resets just to see if it works after the reset and it did not disappoint. I will post back if I find anything but so far thought it's EXCELLENT, thanks so much for the quick response and for the great app! I have a feeling this is the keeper after trying all of the alternatives out there.

Thanks! Glad its working well for you all! Even better to hear you prefer it over the others... It has served its purpose!
11th April 2009, 03:27 AM |#420  
JZ SmartMort's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burbank
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Thanks! Glad its working well for you all! Even better to hear you prefer it over the others... It has served its purpose!

I noticed that when I do face-down event, changeScreen does turn off the screen as expected but my ActiveSync loses connection to the device.

Basically, you're doing the same thing as the power button does. I was hoping that it would turn off the screen and lock the buttons. PocketShield, Gyrator and gSen seem to use that API call(s) rather than the same one as the power button.

Let me know if any of this is unclear.

Thanks!
JZ
11th April 2009, 09:21 AM |#421  
This is a lovely.. Much easier and better then the other said ones. I just have one issue for which I did try looking around but all in vain. Whenever there in an incoming call, I donot see the full incoming call screen thus I dont see the caller number. I have attached an image for reference. Will wait for some help !!

Thanks !!

Btw: I have also added cprog to expection list !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03548.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	175098  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes