[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

r.camies

Sep 7, 2007
Veenendaal
@hilaireg:
I'm sorry.. I meant the 21042 one when refering to the newer one. The one put in the zipfile (the one from ROM 5.05) is NOT the same as the one used in the newer eras2r kitchens.
They are actually quite different when compared with windiff. It looks like there are some internal changes as to which registrykeys are checked, etc. in the newer one.

Currently building my changed kitchen, in which I've replaced the 5.08 file with the 5.05 one (not renamed. replaced in the kitchen itself, which worked properly for the previous two tests).

I'll do some additional testing with other bluetooth functionality (ftp, activesync/Vista devicecenter, as an internetgateway to my laptop, bluetooth printing, etc.) and report it back (might take me some time tough.. my wife wants me to get to bed... while you're just finishing your morning, so don't expect any testresults within the next couple of hours...)

r.camies

Sep 7, 2007
Veenendaal
Is this it?

(because I'm running into that problem in the 6.5 kitchen)

Yes, that's the one, altough I was using the 4.0 version of this file. I only took the IMGFS files and copied them over the ones of eras2r's kitchen. they are actually different in filesize, but had the same version number (2.1c etc).

hope you'll get them working for your coocking needs, and maybe eras2r/hilaireg/DaG can look into the vrsions they currently supply in their kitchens and wheter they need replacement as far as they are concerned.

Edit: Just built a new ROM sized 134 MB with the IMGFS tools from the 4.0 package, so definitly it's possible using these newer versions.

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@r.camies:

Just chatting with Da_G/ERAS2R about refreshing the Kitchen ... can you .ZIP or give me the extact filenames I need to pull down? I'll do a quick confirmation test on my end and make sure they are included in the "refreshed" kitchen.

Cheers,

I usually end up sleeping on the couch if I crash too late ... dog takes my spot ;)

LcBoi

Nov 9, 2008
I'm not sure you'll get much success with TouchFLO and many of the components in this Kitchen with WinMO 6.5. Many of the libraries are different; you may want to post this question in a WinMO 6.5 Kitchen.

Cheers,

The particular error you've pasted shows that you've gone beyond the maximum size of the ROM though, remove some components or trim some images, sounds, etc. :)

You need to use newer imgfs*.exe tools (I found those in a rar file labelled visualkitchen_v_4_0_only_exe_+_Tools_folder.rar, but I cann't remember where I got it from. At least it's from somewhere of the xda-developers foorums.....)
they actually allow you to create ROM images larger than 128MB (which is the size limit you're running into)

Is this it?

(because I'm running into that problem in the 6.5 kitchen)

Yes, that's the one, altough I was using the 4.0 version of this file. I only took the IMGFS files and copied them over the ones of eras2r's kitchen. they are actually different in filesize, but had the same version number (2.1c etc).

hope you'll get them working for your coocking needs, and maybe eras2r/hilaireg/DaG can look into the vrsions they currently supply in their kitchens and wheter they need replacement as far as they are concerned.

Edit: Just built a new ROM sized 134 MB with the IMGFS tools from the 4.0 package, so definitly it's possible using these newer versions.

Thanks for all of the quick responses, I actually meant to post it in Da+G's 6.5 kitchen, I'll try the newer files. I'm just building personal rom's right now and thought it would be nice to experiment with 6.5.

r.camies

Sep 7, 2007
Veenendaal
@r.camies:

Just chatting with Da_G/ERAS2R about refreshing the Kitchen ... can you .ZIP or give me the extact filenames I need to pull down? I'll do a quick confirmation test on my end and make sure they are included in the "refreshed" kitchen.

Cheers,

I usually end up sleeping on the couch if I crash too late ... dog takes my spot ;)

Hilaireg, I've zipped and attached them. Some are actually the same as in your kitchen, some are different (especially the newer ones), but the included readme is not updates, so I don't know what's actually different besides the filesize and the end-result with ROMS larger than 128 MB.

You now understand why we don't have a dog... I can at least still have my wife keep me warm at night... ;)

Attachments

• IMGFS.zip
    578 KB · Views: 183

LcBoi

Nov 9, 2008
@ r.camies
It worked fine, just got to finish a new boot splash and use the htc rom tool to put it all together. :)

oaa8

Jul 23, 2008
haha thanks man, ur too qucik for me but that did the trick now only when i type C and click enter it says "my ROM is available in the root kitchen folder as RUU_shipped.nbh" press a key to continue and it brings me back to the beginning screen and it keeps cycling me in a circle. I might have to do some reading apparently

If your using vista, Disable UAC and restart

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
Looking forward to you kitchen refresh - I think I might finally jump up from 21032 for this one.
Is it me or after a little flurry of new builds have things quietened down? Is there likley to be much more in the way of new 6.1 builds or is the focus firmly on 6.5 now?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Looking forward to you kitchen refresh - I think I might finally jump up from 21032 for this one.

Can you try Windows Media Player video playback; specifically the HTC Welcome video or the Kids At The Party video? Media Player hard crashes about 3 seconds into the video on 21042. Works fine on the "stock" HTC ROM.

Is it me or after a little flurry of new builds have things quietened down? Is there likley to be much more in the way of new 6.1 builds or is the focus firmly on 6.5 now?

Noticed the same. I'm sticking to WinMO 6.1 for now until a "Shipped" version is released. That said, quickly took Da_G's TEST2 for a road test ... can see the appeal.

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
I will have a look, but I think I may have ripped those out of the kitchen in a tidying up spree.

Indeed, if you can uplaod the file I will check, but I am sure I have played around with some vid files on WMP and it was fine. I read an interesting thread about WMP natively supporting the QTV hardware, but coreplayer is also fine for me.

TBH the only issue I have really had with my setup is the problem with the messaging app becoming unresponsive. I went and installed via cab all xboxmods stuff and so far have had no such problem for a few days (touch wood).
If this continues I will recook over Easter and see if I cannot fix my Rhodium packages etc, as well as add a few more things I wanted in.

I have spent a bit of time modifying some of the dll's etc in my current setup and am loathe to have to change everything over to a new build without any known advantages.

6.5 looks good but I rely on Phone Alarm and am not sure if it will work, Bruce won't support it until it gets a little less beta.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
I've been keeping a change log of what i've changed since the beginning. I'd be more than happy to pass it along to you once the refresh has been uploaded.

Cheers,

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
Thanks, but the problem is that I have been lazy and haven't kept a change log!
I will have a think and try and create a list of what I need to bring with me so to speak.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Bug: Media Player (AT&T)

FYI:

Looks like the Media Player decoders on the AT&T test build (MediaOS packages) are buggy ... had to roll-back to the Official HTC version to prevent hard device crashes when playing back media such as video.

Cheers,

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
FYI:

Looks like the Media Player decoders on the AT&T test build (MediaOS packages) are buggy ... had to roll-back to the Official HTC version to prevent hard device crashes when playing back media such as video.

Cheers,

I'm using the MediaOS packages provided with the 21042 kitchen. If those are the bugged ones, which ROM version did you grab good ones from?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Media Player (5.05.405.1)

I ended up rolling back to the Official HTC 5.05.405.1 WWE ROM version ... should be the same ones in the first post of this thread - Da_G's ROM Kitchen 6.21.

Here's a list of what I rolled back:

.\SYS
MediaOS
MediaOS_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640
MediaOS_Lang_0409
MediaOSFiles

.\OEM\OEMDrivers
QTV.dll
qtv_mp4_decoder.dll

Symptoms included Hard Crash 2-3 seconds of playback of Album_Sample_04.3gp and/or ToucPro.3gp videos when launched directly from Media Player - worked fine via TF3D player.

HTH,

Attachments

• MediaOS_5054051.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
I ended up rolling back to the Official HTC 5.05.405.1 WWE ROM version ... should be the same ones in the first post of this thread - Da_G's ROM Kitchen 6.21.

http://rapidshare.com/files/194933878/DaGsKitchen-v6.21-HTC_WWE_5.05.405.1.rar

Here's a list of what I rolled back:

.\SYS
MediaOS
MediaOS_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640
MediaOS_Lang_0409
MediaOSFiles

.\OEM\OEMDrivers
QTV.dll
qtv_mp4_decoder.dll

Symptoms included Hard Crash 2-3 seconds of playback of Album_Sample_04.3gp and/or ToucPro.3gp videos when launched directly from Media Player - worked fine via TF3D player.

HTH,

Thanks! I've got the 5.07 Asia files on my HDD, so I'm going to try those.

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi guys, i've just done some testing re: In Call Recording and it's ability to record both sides of the conversation, I posted about it in the "Raphael" forum, but since this kitchen includes the ICR and PhoneCanvas package I felt it worthy to post here:

Attached is the latest blackstone wavedev.dll, with ICR support. It's the key component to being able to hear both sides of the conversation in a recorded call... drop it in \oem\oemdrivers and cook away!

It may have some side effects (previously when we used a blackstone wavedev.dll it caused mp3 playlists to crash)

Attachments

• bstone-wavedev-icr-support.zip
    296.2 KB · Views: 156

teixeirabmb

Feb 9, 2006
Hi guys, i've just done some testing re: In Call Recording and it's ability to record both sides of the conversation, I posted about it in the "Raphael" forum, but since this kitchen includes the ICR and PhoneCanvas package I felt it worthy to post here:

Attached is the latest blackstone wavedev.dll, with ICR support. It's the key component to being able to hear both sides of the conversation in a recorded call... drop it in \oem\oemdrivers and cook away!

It may have some side effects (previously when we used a blackstone wavedev.dll it caused mp3 playlists to crash)

Thanks DaG you're da man. I will cook this on my next release for sure.