FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide)

382 posts
Thanks Meter: 798

Post Reply Email Thread
9th April 2009, 09:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
as well as what xyrcncp said can you you can download it and just mv ~/Desktop/sdk/tools/adb /usr/bin/adb abd you should be able to run the adb commands from any directory. not too hard to cd to the correct directory but i personally don't like to type cd ~/Phone/tools/android-sdk/tools every time cause i tend to make typographical errors. let me know how it worked but you shouldn't have any problems at all

9th April 2009, 09:24 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
umm no offense but your writing a tutorial for people that are not sure on how to do this, so you must assume that they do not know how to run an executable file...... write yourself a better tutorial without actually bashing the self esteem of some people... tutorials are positive not negative. I already know all of this but still... dont degrade someone due to the fact they dont know how, thats the whole point of writing your tutorial. Nothing should have been left out (including how to run a .exe .com or .bat

" (If you do not know how to install a windows executable file, please kill yourself now! ) "

this isnt honestly written with any hatred towards you, it was a good tutorial. Just might want to think about how you write it next time.
10th April 2009, 02:24 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, SC

Donate to Me
More
The "bashing" comments in my tutorial are directed towards the people with a true sense of humor. My tutorial was written to tell you how to simply complete a task and not to make you feel better about yourself. I do not get pleasure in abusing people's self esteem nor do I enjoy putting people down.

Just because you got a little sand in your crack does not mean you need to come in a very honest and informative thread and start bashing the people who are bending over backwards to help everyone out.

The reason I created this "tutorial" in the first place was because all the other threads are full of "start searching and stop asking so many damn questions" comments.

So start looking in the mirror when you wake up in the morning and stop saying "My, I think I will run over to good ole' XDA and be an @$$ to everyone today".

I am sincerely sorry that a little sense of humor has caused so much hatred in my thread. Please contact the forum moderators and see if the think my tutorial is so hateful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndroidSamurai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidSamurai Ad-Free
10th April 2009, 03:07 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
lol i dont see any hatred but anyway when i download the adb driver when extracting it says unknown method
10th April 2009, 03:18 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, SC

Donate to Me
More
@ Nabzilla1990

Are you using Windows or Linux?

Are you using the built-in Zip tool or 7-zip from the links I provided?

Are you using a 32 or 64-bit OS?
10th April 2009, 03:36 AM |#16  

More
using the same operating system as you 64bit vista ultimate sp1 and using winrar to extract
10th April 2009, 05:42 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, SC

Donate to Me
More
Try using 7-zip man, I have been using it for 3 yrs now.

Basically what I am saying is that everything in my guide is guaranteed to work.
10th April 2009, 06:59 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Just to add, if you take adb.exe and adbwinapi.dll and copy or move them to the \windows\system32 directory you can run adb from any dos directory prompt.
10th April 2009, 07:58 AM |#19  

More
it worked with 7-zip thank you and also want to add if it doesnt work for some people plug in ur phone and update the usb mass storage with the usb driver from here and it should work i had that problem earlier
10th April 2009, 08:42 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Okay, so I did everything and got up to run cmd, when I type in the cd C:\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\tools it says not a specififed folder, but when I type it without the \tools it doesnt work. can anyone help?
10th April 2009, 04:29 PM |#21  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Wheaton, Il
Thanks Meter: 1,724

Donate to Me
More
Just wondering:
Code:
C:\Users\Your User Name> cd C:\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\tools <-- Tap Enter
Wouldn't it be a whole less typing and confusing if you just extracted the tools folder to C:\
then you would only have too type:
Code:
cd C:\tools
Also don't you have to add
Code:
C:\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\tools
into your Environment Variables -> System Variables -> Path ->
Code:
C:\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\tools
???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)