[DISCONTINUED][MINIMALISM] Google Play 3.10.10 | Market ONLY Gapps

Search This thread

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
I'm not sure if all the libs get installed when installing gapps via google play, so its easier to play it save and just keep everything (except for the unused gapp apks so I can free up the /system a bit)
By unused APKs you mean the ones that aren't required for the Google Play Store, I guess?

Benny.DeTandt

Dec 13, 2012
Great to have latest Google Play but can you add Google Play Services as well ?
This app is also needed.

Installed JB4.1 zip but aborted each time !!

Last edited:

Spleeno

Sep 18, 2012
k, the scripts arent working atm, just started pushing the fixed ones to dropbox

edit: scripts updated, they should work now

Last edited:
Reactions: mixednuts

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
scripts updated, they should work now

Curious to know if the 4.1 script will work on ICS, that is, in order to get the JB Play Store. I'll test it... hopefully sooner than later. I believe having the JB Play Store on ICS enables the install of certain apps that would otherwise be unavailable.

Spleeno

Sep 18, 2012
Maybe also copy over GooglePartnerSetup.apk if the sync doesnt work...

15 jan edit: Just got a mail from Dropbox, seems like my public links are suspended for 3 days cause of excessive traffic. well done guys :p I'll figure something out in the next days...

Last edited:

nickschoolman

Jan 20, 2013
So, you just installed this fresh ROM (most likely CyanogenMod-based if you stumbled upon this thread) and you want to start using the market but installing the stock gapps gives you alot of stuff that you plan on deleting and/or downloading anyway?

Fear not!

I present to you 4 update-scripts that will simply and only install Google Play without bloat on ROMs with no gapps installed - all the libs in the gapps-zips are left intact.
So you can start getting only those gapps you need via market and not waste precious space on /system.

Dropbox suspended my public links for 3 days because of excessive traffic (15 jan) so yeah...just wait while I figure something out

If you are fine with leaving out the libs/permissions/etc (and maybe not being able to run all the gapps from the market...) you can just load the matching zip and adb push the 2/3 minimum requirements to /system/app
Thats the no-bloat version to just get the newest market and save even more space, but use it at your own risk.

Gingerbread
Code:
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
Vending.apk

Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean
Code:
GoogleLoginService.apk
Phonesky.apk

-------------------------------------------------------

This sounds like what I need but I'm new to this and I'm clear on how to install the zip. I'm interested in ics-signed.zip

I've downloaded it and I know I just can't rename it to .apk. Could you give me the steps to install it?

Thanks

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
Re: [APP][MINIMALISM] Google Play 3.10.10 | Market ONLY Gapps for GB/ICS/JB4.1/JB4.2

This sounds like what I need but I'm new to this and I'm clear on how to install the zip. I'm interested in ics-signed.zip

I've downloaded it and I know I just can't rename it to .apk. Could you give me the steps to install it?

Not sure what your intentions are, but the zips are meant to be flashed using your custom recovery.

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

nickschoolman

Jan 20, 2013
Not sure what your intentions are, but the zips are meant to be flashed using your custom recovery.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have a VB72 which I successfully rooted with Root Unlocker 1.0.

This tablet does not have Market so I would like to install the minimal Market and supporting files like framework and whatever else is needed.

I tried to install a Market apk and the framework apk which installs and runs but Market crashes when I do a search.

So I'm will to try somwthing else.

Nick

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
Re: [APP][MINIMALISM] Google Play 3.10.10 | Market ONLY Gapps for GB/ICS/JB4.1/JB4.2

I have a VB72 which I successfully rooted with Root Unlocker 1.0.

This tablet does not have Market so I would like to install the minimal Market and supporting files like framework and whatever else is needed.

I tried to install a Market apk and the framework apk which installs and runs but Market crashes when I do a search.

If you don't want to flash it then you could always unzip the package and place the files wherever they need to go... don't forget to change the permissions.

darrensumaoy14

Jan 15, 2013
Sir i'm having a problem when installing apps from play store. error (406). I just flashed your gapps and i'm running on CM10.
any workaround?

Spleeno

Sep 18, 2012

polik1

Feb 10, 2012
Paproć
Great stuff! Thanks for your work, much appreciated.

I have couple questions, though:

1) On which gapps package this was based? Could you point one from http://goo.im/gapps?

2) Is it safe to remove even more, i.e. libs and other stuff?

Spleeno

Sep 18, 2012
Great stuff! Thanks for your work, much appreciated.

I have couple questions, though:

1) On which gapps package this was based? Could you point one from http://goo.im/gapps?

2) Is it safe to remove even more, i.e. libs and other stuff?

I didnt base it on one specific gapps, I used the matching one for each generation (20121011 for 4.1.x, 20120429 for 4.0.x, etc...)
And if you want just the bare minimum, I quoted the required files in the first post - Phonesky, GoogleServiceFramework and GoogleLoginService are the only files (for Android above 4.0.x) that you need for a running Market - but it will lead to some Google Apps not properly working (Google Maps, Google Earth, Youtube, etc...)

Reactions: mixednuts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using f-droid now, so no need for custom/small gapps anymore ;)
    If you're still looking to downsize your gapps, feel free to check out stuff like this as mentioned by b1k3rdude in the last post

Old Post Below:

So, you just installed this fresh ROM (most likely CyanogenMod-based) and you want to start using the market, but installing the stock gapps gives you alot of stuff that you plan on deleting and/or downloading anyway?

Fear not!

I present to you 4 update-scripts that will simply and only install Google Play without bloat on ROMs with no gapps installed - all the libs in the gapps-zips are left intact.
    So you can start getting only those gapps you need via market and not waste precious space on /system.

Gingerbread (2.3.x): http://code.google.com/p/no-bloat-market/downloads/detail?name=gb-signed.zip
    Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x): http://code.google.com/p/no-bloat-market/downloads/detail?name=ics-signed.zip
    Jelly Bean (4.1.x): http://code.google.com/p/no-bloat-market/downloads/detail?name=jb41-signed.zip
    Jelly Bean NEW (4.2.x): http://code.google.com/p/no-bloat-market/downloads/detail?name=jb42-signed.zip

If you are fine with leaving out the libs/permissions/etc (and maybe not being able to run all the gapps from the market...) you can just load the matching zip and adb push the 2/3 minimum requirements to /system/app
    Thats the no-bloat version to just get the newest market and save even more space, but use it at your own risk.
    The minimum needed apks are...

For Gingerbread:
    Code:
    Vending.apk

For Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean:
    Code:
    GoogleLoginService.apk
    Phonesky.apk

All credit goes to the CyanogenMod-Team and RootzWiki for their Gapps-zips
    Good to know somebody actually found these useful ;)

Also, not just a shameless bump: Updated the APKs to Google Play 3.9.16
    Didn't realize the permission files were that large, so d'you think the libs are required as well?

I'm not sure if all the libs get installed when installing gapps via google play, so its easier to play it save and just keep everything (except for the unused gapp apks so I can free up the /system a bit)
    Will look into the whole thing over the weekend, expect some updates on sunday...
    By unused APKs you mean the ones that aren't required for the Google Play Store, I guess?

exactly

edit: Updated the zips, hosting them on dropbox now because of xda-dev size limitations
    I didnt have time to test them yet tbh, so if anything doesnt work please post in the thread!
    Maybe also copy over GooglePartnerSetup.apk if the sync doesnt work...

15 jan edit: Just got a mail from Dropbox, seems like my public links are suspended for 3 days cause of excessive traffic. well done guys :p I'll figure something out in the next days...