[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 for Huawei U81xx Series [11052013] New Recoveries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nianfur

Jul 22, 2009
Interesting, have you added the overclock feature and multitouch? I am looking at updating a U8150 and having multitouch and the processor a little faster would be the winning combo. Also will OTG work and does it have the Adreno 200 GPU drivers working right? Need the the 3D and the like to work.

Essentially I love your stuff if it has those features and hope you keep it up. the U8150 is a great phone even now for the price.

Giogts

Sep 26, 2011
Theese things works?

Camera and related stuff
Video decoding - no video playback at all
Doesn't boot when plugged in to USB/power
High Quality Videos

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2

Hetfield666

Aug 22, 2011
Smart Watches
Alberto,

on u8150 using your cwm6 recovery i can't install roms like the CM7.2 nightly. they fail getting the product id u8150.

using cwm 5.0.28 from aorth they work fine.
can you take a look at it?

[and publish source code!]

Hetfield666

Aug 22, 2011
Smart Watches
i may help with cm10.x work.

can you tell me the status?
so far i read the main issue looks to be copybit. this is framework issue because since ICS copybit (2d rendering based on hw + sw fallback) was removed in favour for hwa direct access

so, when you say copybit is not working, what do you mean? issues loading/compiling or runtime?

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2

so far i read the main issue looks to be copybit. this is framework issue because since ICS copybit (2d rendering based on hw + sw fallback) was removed in favour for hwa direct access

so, when you say copybit is not working, what do you mean? issues loading/compiling or runtime?

No compiling issues, i have screen flickering if i enable it :(

Also wildfire cm10 have same problem with copybit :eek:

Last edited:

psyke83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011

Just a heads-up: Alberto96 is not building from source, he's releasing other people's ROMs with "WinZIP chef"-level changes. For the U8160/80, he's modifying my binary releases, and for the U8150, he does the same, but copies the boot.img and some binaries from tilal6991's release that are incompatible.

The copybit acceleration hack is not supported in CM10, but you can backport the CM9 version of the patch that's on github (with some trivial changes): http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/11167/

The problem is that in its current state, the copybit hack doesn't function properly on CM10. All operations are passed to the software fallback due to an issue with cropped textures. See my research and partial workaround here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33364829&postcount=4402

Hetfield666

Aug 22, 2011
Smart Watches
yes psyke this is the reason why iìm still asking for sources and i know this even illegal job he's doing, i've already complained about it.

anyhow, did u have any further progress for the copybit stuff?

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
The problem is that in its current state, the copybit hack doesn't function properly on CM10. All operations are passed to the software fallback due to an issue with cropped textures. See my research and partial workaround here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33364829&postcount=4402

Try the one in attachment (is a .patch file). I tried to apply this to ErwinP sources (locally stored), result is graphic flickering. Maybe u know better how to apply this correctly.

I also tried to enable fb0 hack in kernel, no luck.

Attachments

• frameworks_native_0001-allow-the-use-of-copybit.txt
    42.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Just a heads-up: Alberto96 is not building from source, he's releasing other people's ROMs with "WinZIP chef"-level changes. For the U8160/80, he's modifying my binary releases, and for the U8150, he does the same, but copies the boot.img and some binaries from tilal6991's release that are incompatible.

The copybit acceleration hack is not supported in CM10, but you can backport the CM9 version of the patch that's on github (with some trivial changes): http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/11167/

Ah, I was beginning to wonder for a sec how someone made "proper" U8150 releases for CM7+. Also, I didn't see any mention of myself in the release notes or credit. Now I remember that this is XDA. :)

WinZip or not, I suppose it's good someone is still paying attention to the U8150. I sold mine months ago!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads

Latest Version:

Google Apps:

Installation

- First time flashing CM10 to your Huawei U81xx Device (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Root Your Device and install ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery
    2. Reboot into recovery using Volume-Up + Power
    3. Do a Nandroid Backup! (Opional)
    4. WIPE ALL (wipe data/factory reset + format /system + format /sd-ext)
    5. Install the ROM from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery
    6. Install Patches from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery (if present in thread)
    7. Optionally install Google Apps

- Upgrading from CM7/CM9/CM10?

1. Do a Nandroid Backup! (Optional)
    2. WIPE ALL (wipe data/factory reset + format /system + format /sd-ext)
    3. Install the ROM from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery
    4. Install Patches from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery (if present in thread)
    5. Optionally install Google Apps

- Upgrading from another CM10 Build?

1. Do a Nandroid Backup! (Optional)
    2. Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache
    3. Install the ROM from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery
    4. Install Patches from Sd-Card using ClockWorkMod Recovery/Amon_RA Recovery (if present in thread)
    5. Optionally install Google Apps

Note: Is always Recommended to do WIPE, or you can have problems (not always).

Alberto96's Mods
    • Tweaked to the max
    • 99% LDPI Resized
    • OTA Updater Included
    • MX Player Included for Video Playback
    • Notes app Included (essential app that in CM10 is not included)
    • Modded QuickPic instead of Froyo Limited Gallery

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only at the u81xxcm10 bug tracker. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Model:
    ROM version:
    ROM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup or other backup app:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):

Attach a Logcat of the issue in plain text.

What steps will reproduce the problem?

Failure to fill out the above template or attach a log will result in this
    issue being closed immediately

Changelog

Changelog is available here

Recoveries (tested and working for all devices, U8160_80 are my builds)
    For RZ Recovery Features see here

Source (to be completed)

People who made this possible:

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Ah, I was beginning to wonder for a sec how someone made "proper" U8150 releases for CM7+. Also, I didn't see any mention of myself in the release notes or credit. Now I remember that this is XDA. :)

WinZip or not, I suppose it's good someone is still paying attention to the U8150. I sold mine months ago!
    I will (not sure) restart msm7225 development soon. Just give me some more time. Im working hard for Samsung Galaxy S Variants development and i cant work in the same time also for msm7225.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4