[ROOT][COMPLETE GUIDE]How To Root HTC Droid DNA

491 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2012, 04:52 AM |#131  
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 735

More
I'm wondering if the supersu problems would be rectified using DSB's system writeable kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to orangechoochoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift orangechoochoo Ad-Free
31st December 2012, 06:01 AM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo

I'm wondering if the supersu problems would be rectified using DSB's system writeable kernel.

yes, that is the exact problem. the package that is supplied does work but I, along with some others, have had problems with superSU and it prompting to update the binaries. so, I assumed there was a problem with root and that I had done something wrong, when in fact without a modified kernel you cannot write to system with our phone, thus creating the errors and reboots when trying to update the binaries. so to fix the problem you can flash the zip below.

flash this (will update binaries and install the compatible superuser app instead): http://downloads.noshufou.netdna-cdn...arm-signed.zip

this worked like a charm, no errors, and should also delete the original superSU app that was installed, but if for some reason it does not, delete it manually. this will allow basic root privileges. the problem is that system is unwriteable without flashing either dsb's cubed or modified stock kernels (which allow you to then write to system). once you have root I definitely recommend flashing one of these kernels so that you have full root privileges without any possible errors.

hope that clears some things up because I for one am new to htc and had no idea why my changes would not stick in system. i immediately assumed the problem was a faulty root on my part.

a huge thank you to all involved with the work that has been done thus far!! happy holidays all!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evan30 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evan30 Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 11:51 AM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hello , I am from Algéria and i want to baythe DNA , I want to know if the dna can work with my operator here and if you have a way to unlock? thanks
9th January 2013, 04:00 AM |#134  
Flag halifax
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boys501

hello , I am from Algéria and i want to baythe DNA , I want to know if the dna can work with my operator here and if you have a way to unlock? thanks

Not the place for this post... you should look up what frequencies your carrier uses... and then compare with the DNA and that will tell you if it will work or not. It comes sim unlocked (If my sources are correct?). If you mean bootloader unlock, then refer to the OP...
10th January 2013, 09:37 AM |#135  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3demond3x

dsb just confirmed they locked it

i did all steps in my htc dna verizon and i got this messege :

We're sorry, but it appears your attempt to unlock the bootloader on this device has failed. This could be caused by several factors including simple errors in the entry of the unlock token, problems with your device, or a lack of manufacturer support for the unlocking process. Please see the specific error code listed below, and try again if necessary.

Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed.

i need help with this
23rd January 2013, 09:42 AM |#136  
Sherrills Ford, NC
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Edit: Nevermind, used the new package linked in this thread. Rooted and good to go. Thanks guys!!
26th January 2013, 12:29 AM |#137  
Flag South Jerz
Thanks Meter: 70

More
this is what i get when trying to load recovery
c:\unlock>fastboot flash recover.img
unknown partition 'recover.img'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'recover.img'
someone please help
26th January 2013, 02:06 AM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee

this is what i get when trying to load recovery
c:\unlock>fastboot flash recover.img
unknown partition 'recover.img'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'recover.img'
someone please help

The correct command is fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I made the same mistake
27th January 2013, 12:24 AM |#139  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for the great article! Really appreciate all the time and effort.
All worked fine however I just have one thing to note. I had issues with SuperSu. It was not working propery and whenever I was starting it, it was telling me it needs to update. When I clicked update it rebooted but didn't fix the issue. So all the time I was doing a reboot look. Starting > update > reboot. As I checked I wasn't the only one with issues and it is recommended to use superuser instead so I thought I'd give u a heads up and maybe update the guide at some point.

See here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=supersu
and here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2032967

after installing superuser its all g00d!
29th January 2013, 08:34 PM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Anyone else having a problem opening the links for clockworkmod and busybox and super user? am i missing something?
30th January 2013, 02:49 AM |#141  
Flag florida
Thanks Meter: 134

Donate to Me
More
i had softbrick my phone so after relocking and running RUU to restore back to stock everything worked fine however i unlocked with my old code but now that im trying to install recovery, i flashed it in fastboot as im supposed to but when i try to reboot into recovery it boots into a black screen. ive tried it couple times. i remember the first time i got my DNA before i used htc code to unlock i had to do a bunch of different methods following a video i saw from shane from DMX. IM starting to think if i have to use the same process. has this happen to anyone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)