Search This thread

daandman

Aug 3, 2009
I was having problems sending MMS, so I tried re-downloading & re-flashing, as has been suggested, and now my GS3 is effectively a brick. Idunno what happened, I wiped data, cache, dalvik cache & fixed permission, then flashed the rom then gapps like normal. Now if I try turning it on it flashes the Samsung logo for half a second then turns back off. Same thing if I try to boot into recovery. If I plug it in it'll still charge & I can see the charging animation, I just can't actually turn it on to anything.

The only thing I can do is go to download mode, but since I'm on a Mac I can't use Odin. No clue what to do...

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I was having problems sending MMS, so I tried re-downloading & re-flashing, as has been suggested, and now my GS3 is effectively a brick. Idunno what happened, I wiped data, cache, dalvik cache & fixed permission, then flashed the rom then gapps like normal. Now if I try turning it on it flashes the Samsung logo for half a second then turns back off. Same thing if I try to boot into recovery. If I plug it in it'll still charge & I can see the charging animation, I just can't actually turn it on to anything.

The only thing I can do is go to download mode, but since I'm on a Mac I can't use Odin. No clue what to do...

Just want to make this clear. There is absolutely nothing included in this ROM that could brick this device. So I'm 100% positive that your device is not bricked. You will need to go to one of the stickies in the development section on how to go back to stock to start over. I'm pretty sure there's some info on how to do so with a Mac.

Yze

Feb 2, 2006

what recovery and version of it are you using? are you still able to boot back into recovery? if all else fails, use odin and flash back to stock root, flash recovery, then flash the rom.

Franky_V

Jul 20, 2010
How are you getting that insane amount of screen time?!

are you using the stock battery? That's an absurd amount of screen time lol

Sent from the Dank Device, aka my GSIII

Yep. Or brightness at minimum, but who wants that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

This phone gets a max of 4 hours of screen on time with a single charge with a stock battery. No ifs ands or buts. Either get another charger, or an extended battery. If one of you makes a separate thread about it I could give you some settings/usage to get you up to that amount.

You can charge it a small amount throughout the day, and as long as you don't hit 100%, your screen on time won't reset. Give me a couple days and I'll get you 24 hrs of screen on time.

Again, make a new thread or PM me if you want to talk about battery life.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Cuddlesy and geoldr

Fantrix

Dec 23, 2011
i dont think your phone will smooth like "ondemand" or "interactive" . i tried this and my phone have huge lag.

Sun0fNothing

Oct 22, 2011
Boston, MA
This phone gets a max of 4 hours of screen on time with a single charge with a stock battery. No ifs ands or buts. Either get another charger, or an extended battery. If one of you makes a separate thread about it I could give you some settings/usage to get you up to that amount.

You can charge it a small amount throughout the day, and as long as you don't hit 100%, your screen on time won't reset. Give me a couple days and I'll get you 24 hrs of screen on time.

Again, make a new thread or PM me if you want to talk about battery life.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I mean you could do that but having 24 hours of screen time is meaningless if you keep charging it. The point of the battery stats is to see what you'd get on one charge, not on unlimited charges...

Sent from the Dank Device, aka my GSIII

illCrizzee

Feb 12, 2012
hey man, thanks for all the hard work. hope you have a great new year. blessing to you and your family.

it's not much but, hope it helps. keep doing what you're doing.
Confirmation number: 7X400012E4839511M

Reactions: SeanHacker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB