Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

volk204

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 15, 2011
Moscow region
STOP spam thread about RAM!!!
It is developer's thread!!
If you can make some patches, make it and give link for modified files or proper commit on github, if not don't ask about anything, be patient and wait for next release

Last edited:

SERGHi

Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
He is right ..
Why didnt rebellos released the 0.7 and reneamed it to 1.0???

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

The main thing is that he is trying to port android. He can brake this project when ever he wants.! so stay tuned the devs, rebell,Volk and the others are in development continues!

So I Think 0.1 is almost ready cause Volk said he will try to fix the battary driver.

Sry 4 my bad english.

Last edited:

ydn

Dec 29, 2012
when will be ready v0.1 ? we are waiting it :)

1 week, 1 month or when found a c+ coder then?

thanks again.

Last edited:

Gamepower

Nov 23, 2012
The main thing is that he is trying to port android. He can brake this project when ever he wants.! so stay tuned the devs, rebell,Volk and the others are in development continues!

So I Think 0.1 is almost ready cause Volk said he will try to fix the battary driver.

Sry 4 my bad english.

It is better to have little update..
Then to wait a year for a big update.
I know they can brake up the work when ever they want but still waiting is not much better :|

Whatever let us wait again a month for 1-2 bug fixes.

Thx devs for the 0.6 version

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

kktkaran

Dec 7, 2012
ahmedabad
Could you upload Apk+data or give me the link pls.

And pls post this thread in other threads thx

the link from where i dload that , its now broken, and surely i will upload,

but now my netpack is over ,will upload after 1/2 weeks

but can u help me, how can i upload???

sorry for posting here,

reply me on gamming thread

Last edited:

Finger Slensh

Jan 1, 2013
Caen
Apps & Games
Google play for cm10 Gt-s8530

Bonjour je suis nouveau et fançais donc tres nul en anglais.(si sa vous pose probleme je ferai un effort de traduire merci d'avance)

Depuis le debut du project android rom sur wave2 je suis le sujet de très près.
J'ai un wave2 avec cyanogenmod cm10.....
J'ai travailler sur le sujet "mettre google play sur wave 2"
1: j'ai modifier le nom du phone avec GT-I9000.zip grace au recovery mod
2: j'ai essayer d'installer GooglePlay.apk (trouvé sur la toile) sur le phone mais ne fonctionne pas.
3: Donc je suis passer par hazard par (CNA-GAPPS-JZO54K.zip)
et du coups sa progresse dans le sens ou Google play se lance et ensuite l'application a "cessé de fonctionné"

Donc voila si sa peut aidée les developpers.......

Gamepower

Nov 23, 2012
Bonjour je suis nouveau et fançais donc tres nul en anglais.(si sa vous pose probleme je ferai un effort de traduire merci d'avance)

Depuis le debut du project android rom sur wave2 je suis le sujet de très près.
J'ai un wave2 avec cyanogenmod cm10.....
J'ai travailler sur le sujet "mettre google play sur wave 2"
1: j'ai modifier le nom du phone avec GT-I9000.zip grace au recovery mod
2: j'ai essayer d'installer GooglePlay.apk (trouvé sur la toile) sur le phone mais ne fonctionne pas.
3: Donc je suis passer par hazard par (CNA-GAPPS-JZO54K.zip)
et du coups sa progresse dans le sens ou Google play se lance et ensuite l'application a "cessé de fonctionné"

Donc voila si sa peut aidée les developpers.......

Write in English pls ...
Then everyone will understand it..

Sent from my GT-S8530 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10 "Jelly Bean" for
    Samsung Wave I (GT-S8500) & Wave II (GT-S8530)
    Alpha 0.32 Release
    “Seriously, Don’t Try To Sell This... You’ll Really, REALLY Regret It” Edition

Hey all,

So once again it’s time. Introducing the first alpha development preview of CyanogenMod 10 (based on Jelly Bean) for the Samsung Wave.
    This preview is intended only for developers as it is in a very early development stage and not all features of the device are fully working.

Let’s emphasize that-- THIS IS AN ALPHA, RELEASED FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH AND GET A SENSE OF WHAT’S TO COME. AND SOME THINGS DOESN’T WORK. REALLY. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING CLOSE TO PERFECTION, WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER, LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR AN HOUR OR SO, THEN COME BACK. MORE EXCITING DISCLAIMERS/WARNINGS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS CAN BE FOUND BELOW. READ THEM.

FAQ IS RIGHT HERE, CLICK AND READ BEFORE POSTING

WHAT DOESN’T WORK (BUGS/TODO)
    Most of the modem (GSM/GPRS) functionallity because there's proprietary protocol between Bada and AMSS used, not implemented in any known Android RIL.
    GPS - heavily related with above, as GPS chip is wired to Call Processor
    Microphone - most likely related to modem - appears to be controlled by AMSS at some part
    Magnetometer (Compass) - haven't looked into it carefully yet
    Proximity sensor - haven't looked into it carefully yet

WHAT DOES (SHOULD) WORK
    Sound playback
    Screen
    Wifi/BT
    Accelerometer
    Camera
    Camera LED
    Battery Gauge Warning: Don't leave it charging without supervising - if it gets enormously hot, disconnect it - this can literally blow up battery as there is no overheating protection yet. Do not leave it connected on 100% - it'll discharge by 1% all the time, and then recharge, what's very unhealthy for battery.

SUPPORT
    You get none. Zero. Zip. We obligate ourselves to providing nothing further. You are on your own and will have to help each other via this thread. This is provided “as-is”, and if you don’t like it, use Bada or other releases.

We basically lack time to give full dedication to this rom, and we’re looking for skilled devs who know the Android, and/or other things that might be relevant.

Please join us on IRC: some people are on #badadroid (freenode).

BUG REPORTS
    This is the format for a bug report: “XXXXX isn’t working. Here is how to fix it: [INCLUDE SOLUTION]” Don’t have source? Too bad. You’ll have to wait then.

If you report bugs, please don’t be disappointed if we can’t fix them immediately (or even never). It’s not because we don’t care, but because we don’t have time or don’t know how to fix it.
    Please attach logcat and dmesg dump in your bug report. Dmesg should contain messages from both - bootup and issue occuring (you can't dump it 1 hour after bootup, rather 2 minutes after)
    How to dump logs - Google for "android logcat dmesg" Or... whatever, here's one of 3204109 methods available.
    In the Terminal Emulator enter:
    "su"
    Accept request for SuperUser access.
    "dmesg > /emmc/dmesg.log"
    "logcat -b system -b radio -b events -b main > /emmc/logcat.log"
    Download them from phone, archive and upload them.
    Note: You might need to change /emmc/ to /tmp/, /sdcard/, or something that will help you obtaining these logs.
    Privacy warning: Your logcat might contain sensitive information like your IMEI, IMSI, cell stations you were nearby, numbers you called and got calls from and SMS sent and received. If you don't want to publish this info - send them privately to one of developers.
    If the Badadroid is restarting before you're able to catch any log:
    Download http://goo.im/devs/Rebellos/wave/bterm.exe
    Try to start kernel normally, when you see Badadroid logo start holding the middle key pressed. Keep the middle key pressed until phone restarts and shows the text: FOTA DOWNLOAD MODE & bTerm
    Connect phone to PC.
    Start bterm.exe
    Type 4 commands:
    Code:
    open
    dumpram 0x4FF00000 0x100000
    close
    exit
    There should appear file called dump_ram_0x4FF00000.0x00100000.bin - pack it and attach it to your bug report.

Bug reports without logs are completely useless.

NOTE: DEVELOPERS WANTED. Please contact us if you are a developer with something to contribute.
    I do heavily encourage to work together on the better, common project instead of making kang releases and demanding money for somebody else's work.
    Read as: If you think you can make something better than this by doing less and muchazo Ctrl+C Ctrl+V - you suck, go figure the rest.

HOW TO BUILD
    I do recommend perfect tutorial by fattire: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19f7Z1rxJHa5grNlNFSkh7hQ0LmDOuPdKMQUg8HFiyzs/edit?hl=en_US
    Of course you have to init with -b jellybean and modify some steps.
    local manifest to use: https://raw.github.com/Rebell/android_wave_local_manifest/jellybean/local_manifest.xml
    I do it like this:
    Code:
    cd ~
    mkdir wave
    cd wave
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b jellybean
    cd .repo
    wget https://raw.github.com/Rebell/android_wave_local_manifest/jellybean/local_manifest.xml
    cd ..
    repo sync -j8
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    brunch wave
    device name is wave so the build invocation can be brunch wave

FIRST INSTALLATION
    Bada 2.0 is required

1. Enter Bada Settings->General->Memory and make sure you have at least:
      • 370MB of free "System" memory
      • 150MB of free "User" memory
      • 400MB of free "Applications" memory
    2. Download 3 packages: BOOTFILES, armlinux_boot and selected release for your device (please pay attention if it's S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you're choosing!):
      Releases: http://goo.im/devs/Rebellos/wave
    3. Start Bada.
    4. Extract zImage from zip and copy it to the Bada's User partition (the one about 390MB big).
    5. Copy whole .zip to the Bada's User partition.
    6. Flash BOOTFILES and FOTA using Multiloader.
      If you have been already using my FOTA bootloaders, you don't need to flash BOOTFILES.
    7. Reboot the phone holding Power and Call key.
      FOTA set of red messages should appear, after about 15seconds Badadroid logo shows up.
    8. Be patient, first bootup will keep unresponsible on Badadroid logo for up to 5 minutes.
    9. CWM Recovery starts, pick:
      - install zip from sdcard
      - choose zip from sdcard
      - cm-10-wave-<release id>.zip
      - Yes - install
    10. Reboot holding the Power key

You can remove installation .zip from the User partition from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
    Do not remove zImage file and modem directory.
    Normal bootup is available using Power+Call keys
    CWM Recovery mode is available using Power+Volume Up keys
    CWM Flashing does overwrite zImage. So every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.

HOW TO UNINSTALL
    Follow the steps there: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35107469&postcount=393 (thanks Volk204)

THANKS TO
    Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, Volk204, mikegapinski, hunktb, autra, Tigrouzen and many others.
    Special thanks to chrmhoffmann for letting me kang his release description.

CHANGELOG
    Releases available there: http://goo.im/devs/Rebellos/wave
    0.32 - original releasenotes and link http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41131519&postcount=2408 - courtesy of Volk204
    • Incorrect LCD type detection in S8530 with HWREV 0x5 has been fixed. LCD should work on ~99% of Waves 2. (Thanks to Rebellos)
    • Bluetooth MAC is correct.
    • Modem directory moved to /data/radio (experimental patch)
    • RIL: Fixed handling SMSC number in national format
    • Corrections to the key mapping. Still to be polished. Call key as BACK, Middle as MENU, long press - recent apps, End Call as ENDCALL, long press show power off menu (fixed correct power off process), short press "Go to Home"(it is not real HOME key, but it revert to HOME screen in most of cases), lock as HOLD - only screen on/off (framework patch)
      Key mapping visualisation: http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6838/badadroidv032.jpg
    • Upstream CM patches.

• Screen waking up has been fixed for S8530 with LCD type 3. (kernel only update, thanks to Volk204 for providing a quick fix, people with working S8530 screen doesn't need to update!)
      You can overwrite only zImage on bada_user partition if you don't want to download whole zip.
    • Fixed fetching incorrect NITZ date and time when network didn't provide proper data (like 1971/1/1/ 01:00:00).
    • Fixed showing up No signal/Network unavailable when phone did actually register into network.
    • Proximity sensor is working. There's no light sensor in Wave.
    • Compass is working. Might need some further calibration.
    • USSD requests are working. (Network codes like *#1234# to check your account balance etc.)
    • Basic outgoing calls are possible. NO SOUND YET
    • RIL logs has been moved from systemlog to radiolog - In future reports please attach all logs! I updated logcat fetching instructions.
    • SIM recognition and detection in most of the cases should be fixed.
    • Preferred network mode (2G/3G) selection. (Probably the choice won't persist between restarts)
    • S8530 screen is waking up properly now. Couldn't test it on S8530 with screen type 3, so this might need a fix for these.
    • Random screen crash due to MMC driver going crazy should be fixed on some boards - it MIGHT cause issues on other boards - it'd be visible on dmesg.
    • Experimental Samsung RIL Socket (originally done by Paul Kocialkowski) utilisation to control calling sound pathes. More to come in next releases.
    • Better S8500 touchscreen calibration (thanks to Tigrouzen)
    • Airplane mode

Almost all of the features in this release were implemented by Volk204, send him a big beer.
    • Real IMEI reading out of NVdata.
    • SIM card unlocking with PIN.
    • Registering to mobile network.
    • Incoming call support, answer/hangup option. NO AUDIO RECEIVING OR SENDING DURING CALL YET No outgoing calls yet.
    • Receiving SMS.
    • Sending SMS.
    • Time from network updates (NITZ)
    • Tons of other important things you won't even notice nor imagine how much effort did it take.
    • Upstream CM10 changes.

FOTAs update is required to the version with "for_0_07" name.
    To update from older versions - first manually unpack zImage from archive just like during first installation, then after rebooting you can continue installation.
    • Kernel and platform are now unified for both Wave1 and Wave2 - only FOTA used does differ between models.
    • SD Card should get detected on all of the devices now.
    • Fixed backlight on Wave2 - LCD waking up is still not working properly.
    • Fixed kernel panic due to WiFi initialization fault - thanks Volk204.
    • WiFi is working on Wave2 now - thanks chemosun
    • Much better HW key handling - big kudos to Volk204.
    • Increased system partition size to 375MB (should be big enough to fit GApps in it now and leave some "living space")
    • Implemented experimental battery charger and fuel gauge driver - Warning: Don't leave it charging without supervising - if it gets enormously hot, disconnect it - this can literally blow up battery as there is no overheating protection yet.
      Do not leave it connected on 100% - it'll discharge by 1% all the time, and then recharge, what's very unhealthy for battery.
    • Included Mocha-IPC and Mocha-RIL drivers, very basic, very buggy, but should bootup modem into Low-Power-Mode and read battery status. (C CODERS WANTED)
    • Fixed mounting of internal sd card as main storage - it should be possible to fully use features like Market and Camera without external-SD card.
    • CM10 mainline patches.
    • FOTA bootloader does now support recovery boot by holding volume-up key only (no need to hold middle key anymore). Needs update of FOTA.
    • Enabled overclocking to 1.2GHz and 1.4GHz. <Volk204>
    • JPEG buffers patch from Aries, so there's even more RAM available (~250MB) <Volk204>
    • Fixed "Advanced Settings" derived from Galaxy S. <Volk204>
    • Fixed TVOut. <Volk204>
    • Simple IO scheduler pulled from Aries. <Volk204>
    • Vibrator intensity control from Aries. <Volk204>

Not released, renamed to 0.1

• Reworked whole installation procedure, .imgs relocated and resized.
    • Cache(18MB) + System(250MB) goes to bada_private partition
    • Data(400MB) goes to bada_apps.
    • zImage is kept on bada_user (390MB), bada_user also becomes user storage (internal sd card) on Android, so it's shared with Bada
    • Pulled Torch fix into release. (Herpderp me, forgot it in 0.05)
    • Cleaned up unnecessary things in platform (auto-brightness for example)
    • Recovery should be fully working by now. Including flashing things like gapps and stuff. (gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip )
    • Fixed screen problems on S8500. Thanks to Volk204.
    • LED flash is working, together with Torch apk. Thanks to Volk204.
    • 29MB RAM more is available to the userspace now. Again, thanks Volk204. :)
    • Improved S8530 touchscreen calibration.
    • Improved S8530 backlight regulation levels.
    • Latest CM10 changes.
    • FOTA has been updated, it does produce debug output to the screen instead of UART, this should help debugging "won't bootup" troubles.
    • FOTA and BOOTFILES are included in .zips
    Added support for S8530, thanks to Tigrouzen and Volk204 for testing and support. Please report bugs in LCD driver in this thread, Wifi is not working yet
    Latest CM10 source base (including goodies like CM File Manager)
    Platform is starting up! And pretty stable.
    Synced with CM Aries kernel sources.
    New FOTA is recommended.

Got working recovery, new kernel initramfs structure.

Initial release.

MORE LINKS
    Overall project thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459391
    New version is out

http://www.multiupload.nl/ILSX6BFYFI

Changelog 0.32 Version

• Incorrect LCD type detection in S8530 with HWREV 0x5 has been fixed. LCD should work on ~99% of Waves 2. (Thanks to Rebellos)
    • Bluetooth MAC is correct.
    • Modem directory moved to /data/radio (experimental patch)
    • RIL: Fixed handling SMSC number in national format
    • Corrections to the key mapping. Still to be polished. Call key as BACK, Middle as MENU, long press - recent apps, End Call as ENDCALL, long press show power off menu (fixed correct power off process), short press "Go to Home"(it is not real HOME key, but it revert to HOME screen in most of cases), lock as HOLD - only screen on/off (framework patch) http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6838/badadroidv032.jpg
    • Upstream CM patches.

Big thank you to Rebellos for his help and also hunktb for testing, debugging and logging
    New update is coming
    Changelog:
    - reading real IMEI from nv_data
    - entering and verification sim pin code
    - mobile operator identification
    - incoming call notification (with phone number )
    - incoming call answering, but audio is not working at all during call, because need to implement sound and mic packets handling in RIL
    - incoming call hangup (reject)
    - receiving SMS
    Pls release it now

Sent from my GT-S8530 using xda app-developers app

I won't until I get 3000 thanks and 400 more "please" posts, aswell some donations, release is ready for a month already but I'm just waiting for that. -.-'
    • Fixed fetching incorrect NITZ date and time when network didn't provide proper data (like 1971/1/1/ 01:00:00).
    • Fixed showing up No signal/Network unavailable when phone did actually register into network.
    • Proximity sensor is working. There's no light sensor in Wave.
    • Compass is working. Might need some further calibration.
    • USSD requests are working. (Network codes like *#1234# to check your account balance etc.)
    • Basic outgoing calls are possible. NO SOUND YET
    • RIL logs has been moved from systemlog to radiolog - In future reports please attach all logs! I updated logcat fetching instructions.
    • SIM recognition and detection in most of the cases should be fixed.
    • Preferred network mode (2G/3G) selection. (Probably the choice won't persist between restarts)
    • S8530 screen is waking up properly now. Couldn't test it on S8530 with screen type 3, so this might need a fix for these.
    • Random screen crash due to MMC driver going crazy should be fixed on some boards - it MIGHT cause issues on other boards - it'd be visible on dmesg.
    • Experimental Samsung RIL Socket (originally done by Paul Kocialkowski) utilisation to control calling sound pathes. More to come in next releases.
    • Better S8500 touchscreen calibration (thanks to Tigrouzen)
    • Airplane mode.

Once again most of the network functions got implemented by Volk204.