NSS 0.47.0 Beta - Quick Install & Restore of the 710 bootloader

Search This thread

Bph&co

Apr 14, 2012
Hi,
I am in the middle of the unlocking process and I have some problem. The program says:

What do the 5. and 6. steps mean? Restoring the phone to the original?? It will make the unlock back or it would take the OS back correctly. So should I do the last two steps?
I need help ASAP.
Thx for your support in advance.
gectra

Unlock does a temporary patch on the baseband firmware, to allow entry of incorrect unlock code. If you click unlock again and the patch is
found, the baseband is restored to previous state. Not really important, it's more of a optional thing to do.

saywa

Oct 4, 2010
no news on lumia 800 ?
i really need to restore qualcomm, i have 2,4 with DLOAD
also this is lumia 800 section

armar91

Jul 11, 2012
hi all, i've one problem. When i try to flash qualcomm bootloader with nss pro, it says me that: "phone is not in correct mode!" and bootloader flash stops. i've installed driver, and i run windows 7 professional 64 bit. I've disactivated the antivirus.... how i can do?
Sorry for my bad english.

saywa

Oct 4, 2010
Why cant you extract rom from atf or osbl from cyclone box and bring to us a new version that supports easy lumia 800 unlock ?
hope you can do

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

New NSS beta is available for download. It will implement installing and restoring
    of the bootloader as single click solution. Although the Qcom loader could be
    installed via normal flashing, it is much easier this way. Also recovery is intended
    to save manual hex editing or cmd line commands.

1. Download the new version
    2. Extract to a folder, start the program
    3. Insert the 2 loaders in \loaders\special\wp7\ - the qualcom file: RM803_12w07_prod_generic_nokia_osbl.esco,
    posted by xorizont here , second file: RM803_11w48_prod_raw_nokia_osbl.bin attached (unzip first)
    4. Go to Flashing->WP7 Tools

You are ready to play. Quick description:

- Read PMM button - reads the PMM partition with Nokia specific values(product
    code, MAC addresses, et), you can edit in the boxes
    - Write PMM button - writes back to the partition a selected value (via Update
    checkbox)

Install button - use this to quickly install Qcom loader on 710(no way to load on
    800 as the cert is checked)

Parse FS button - you can use this to test NSS partition parser and compare
    against 3rd party tool, to make sure something catastrophically wrong will not
    happen during recovery

Restore button - This will attempt to recover the Nokia production loader (so called DLOAD)
    via raw NAND write into partition 2 of the connected phone. Make
    sure you start in Normal mode as NSS will need to check phone type and battery
    value (to make sure wrong file is not written to 800, or if the battery is critically
    low)

Please keep in mind, this is a Beta version, it has been tested only on one phone
    and is possible to be a major phone killer, so thread lightly. It is offered as it is,
    with the hope of being useful, and I can't be held responsible for fatal results.

My best recommendation is to check the partitions after write/recovery with
    3rd party tool and make sure all is ok before restarting the phone power. All this
    until some recovery method is found (if somebody has found flashing routines in
    SECBOOT or other loader, pls PM me).

BR, Chris
    Hi,

New Beta - 0.47.1 - with ability to write moded OS files(.nb).

OS File button - select .nb file

Write OS button - loads the file onto the last partition (change to OSBL mode first)

As with the previous beta - make sure you check the partion parser for errors.
    Write will be verified, but not the exact write address, so maybe good to have a
    look with WinHex before restarting the phone.

BR
    Hi,

Yes, only in NAND mode, on phones that have it. If you have Nokia DLOAD loader
    and not hacked phone, you can only read those value via JSON call to NCSD appl.
    There isn't any method coded to change them in Normal mode(at least i did not
    find one yet).

BR
    Hi Bph&co,

Thx for the app, it was very useful for lumia 710.

Just quick question in the app, is there a menu to select a different/custom made QCBL/OSBL instead of using the default one in the first post?
    If not is it possible to make one in next release?

I kno i can select different BL by just renaming, but it would be nice & time saving to have a menu to select the bootloader.

Thx again.

Hi,

I assume you are talking about the restore option. It is not only name checked,
    but also checked for correct SHA-1, to prevent dead phones (i already have one
    here due to playing with that). I would suggest not playing with that file unless
    you have other means to re-flash the phone (OS/JTAG/secboot).

BR
    Hi,

Yes, i work even in my sleep :) Right now killing myself with the baseband diss, but
    decided to have a break and make this.

It seems the OsBuilder creates raw partition image, to fit exactly into the OS part
    of the NAND chip. So all i do is open the usb device as physical disk, parse the
    partition structure and do a low level read/write to absolute addresses.

Yes, it is mostly for 710, but write OS function should be working for 800 with
    Qcom loader too, just can't test it as i don't have such phone.

Also the Install/Recovery should work forever on a 710, unless Nokia/MS release
    some updated bootloader that somehow prevents loading of the signed Qcom
    loader and the user does a full flash (or via sneak Zune update) and overwrite
    the current DLOAD loader.

BR