Thanks Meter: 517

By GabrialDestruir, Senior Member on 12th November 2011, 08:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2012, 01:22 AM |#371  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViViDboarder

It looks like all it does is push the app to the /data/app directory anyway. It might also fix permissions. I ran chmod 777 on the apk anyway to make sure it was good.

Turns out my issue was the app was not compatible with Android 2.1. I pushed an older APK and had no problems. Thanks for the advice.

ADB install actually invokes the pm (package manager) app on the android side.

It's helpful, in part because it checks dependencies; it'll let you know if the android version of the device and of the app are different, for instance.

14th November 2012, 01:40 PM |#372  
Thanks Meter: 397

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roustabout

ADB install actually invokes the pm (package manager) app on the android side.

It's helpful, in part because it checks dependencies; it'll let you know if the android version of the device and of the app are different, for instance.

Hey guys, I rooted using TouchNooter a few months back so that I could read PDFs in reflow, but the high refresh rates (screen flashing black) put me off it...
Now I'm just reacquainting myself with what progress you guys have made.
I'm sorry if I sound like a total noob, but I have 2 questions:
How do I disable/reduce the black flashes? I noticed the video in the post I've linked to has no flashes. How can I do thatt?
I was reading this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1906507
OC and Linaro! Wow! And USB Host too, it seems.

And I'm wondering, How do I install this?
Is there a guide?
Can anyone make guide?
Thanks.
14th November 2012, 04:54 PM |#373  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
instructions are in the thread you referenced

very short version: make a clockwork disk, copy the kernel installer to it, boot from it, install the kernel. Or you can do it all manually by mounting /boot and copying the file across.
14th November 2012, 11:29 PM |#374  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roustabout

Or you can do it all manually by mounting /boot and copying the file across.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=21

Newest version "166" does not have "USB host support".
11th December 2012, 09:13 AM |#375  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I just used this and got the black screen. Are we supposed to get a splash screen that says Rooted Forever? I didn't get that and it seemed to boot into android.
2nd January 2013, 06:36 PM |#376  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I just tried to root my daughter's new Nook Simple Touch (1.2 firmware) with the touchnooter-2-1-31 image written to a microSD card but it just hangs at the Touchnooter instruction screen forever. If I remove the SD card and try to reboot it hangs at the "Your Nook is starting up..." screen. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks
2nd January 2013, 08:17 PM |#377  
Flag Warszaw
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwl99

I just tried to root my daughter's new Nook Simple Touch (1.2 firmware) with the touchnooter-2-1-31 image written to a microSD card but it just hangs at the Touchnooter instruction screen forever. If I remove the SD card and try to reboot it hangs at the "Your Nook is starting up..." screen. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks

It says, this is for 1.1, not for 1.2. So mayby read about what you are doing?

Press power for 2 secs, wait 1 sec, press it for 15 secs, wait 2 secs, and start over, and over, for 8 times. Then, if you want to have root, use any compatible rooter.

It does not matter if you use a Glowlight version, it should work for 99%
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domi.nos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift domi.nos Ad-Free
2nd January 2013, 09:38 PM |#378  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi.nos

It says, this is for 1.1, not for 1.2. So mayby read about what you are doing?

Press power for 2 secs, wait 1 sec, press it for 15 secs, wait 2 secs, and start over, and over, for 8 times. Then, if you want to have root, use any compatible rooter.

It does not matter if you use a Glowlight version, it should work for 99%

Thanks, I really should have paid more attention <blush>
In the end I fixed it by booting with CWM and formatting data, cache & Dalvik cache then it booted up fine. Will probably use NookManager to root it.
3rd January 2013, 06:51 AM |#379  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I'm in the same boat as dwl99, I turned on my NST to try this out and it had already updated the firmware. Thought I would try it out anyway and now I'm stuck at Your NOOK is starting up...

I've tried the 8 times reset method but it hasn't worked. Holding the power button down is very inconsistent. Sometimes the screen flashes of for a minute and some times is doesn't. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Just found this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1475613 and reset everything. Crisis averted...for now.
4th January 2013, 11:37 PM |#380  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried to change fonts and got a boot loop.

tried to root it again but boot looping again.

any solutions??
5th January 2013, 04:16 PM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 720

More
The same happened to me using font changer.

I can't recall exactly the steps I took, but I know I had to go to settings and factory reset Nook a couple of times until I was able to root it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)