KS20 WM6.5.3 CE OS 5.2.23518 (Build 23518 FB)10E WWE Clean

Search This thread

farahbolsey

Jan 30, 2008
Cannes
xdaforums.com
some news!!!

sorry for my absence since quite a few weeks now..
I post to tell you I won't make anymore updates of my ROM. My Ks20's microphone died after almost 2 years of loyal service...(RIP my good old friend and thanx for the fun we had together!!!)....so I got a new phone.

Anyway, Arthemus, apart from the great ROMs he does, did a very good job too with his cooking class that I strongly recommand you to have a look at. Anyone of you can now learn how to cook by himself.

One last word, thanks to all of you who tried my ROMS and appreciated my work.

Franck

Hi everyone,

I've managed to port WM 6.5 to LGKS20. It's WWE and works with unbranded KS20. The workaround for branded Ks20 to use my rom is to unbrand your branded nv2. This done, you'll have to flash in emergency mode leaving the "none" option as it is in LGDMP (do not choose erase EFS).

For branded phone see this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3885747&postcount=555

For general questions about Nv2, Branded or unbranded phones, flashing, go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=405945
and here you'll find a complete LG KS20 FLASHING GUIDE + PROGRAMS + drivers compiled by ibanezman192 : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=548447

To go back to your original ROM (10B,C...,Kiss 20..), Right after first start, use "Windiag.cab" to enable windiag. Then soft reset the phone. Now you can use the engineer menu 2676625720# and flash in normal mode if necessary.

I won't be held responsible for any bad things happening to you.

Rom information:
2010/01/08
KS20 WM6.5.3 CE OS 5.2.23518 (Build 23518 FB)10E WWE Clean [URL]http://www.mediafire.com/?ii7pwy641q6w2[/URL]
branch COM5

What's new:
- build update from 28014 to 23518 built with Spocky's latest Vogica kitchen 2.0 based on ervius visual kitchen
- Improved amount of free RAM around 43-44MB instead of 35-38MB
- New Office pack 2010 (Excel, Word, OneNote, Powerpoint, Sharepoint) included

what's been tested:
- volume control ok
- SMS, games tested ok
- wifi ok
- Owner info ok
- save option with camera works fine
- SIP ok
- bluetooth ok
- OTA sync with ActiveSync ok.

Have fun,
Franck

PI by majorasshole :
Preset Installer for KS20 (KisS, FB, Rickou's) :

http://www.mediafire.com/?zodiykmmmmd -/*\- http://dl.free.fr/fpPpCKLuI

Password : his nickname with a capital m.
Programs and addons:

---added office 2010
---Marketplace + fix integrated ("Aku"="FB" replaced by "Aku"=".5.3.00")
---Esmertec Jbed
---SRS_WOW_HD_1_2_1
---NETCF3.5
---Latest WM6.5 initflashfiles.dat included to benefit latest original 6.5 icons in Start menu).
---Original calculator.exe was replaced by SPB_Calc.
- Pim Backup
- replaced PhysicsEngine.dll to provide kinetic effect
- start menu in 3 rows without honeycombs
- ks20.exe (fixes the missed call notification)
- Autoprofile shortcut in "Start>Settings>Tools" for easier access
- French operator.xml (use it with Autoprofile).
- Widget engine so any WM6.5 widget cabs should work.
- completely freed slot 0 and integrated initvmmap.exe which should result in a faster ROM.
- pagepool from 8 to 6MB (thanx arthemus for the tip)

Fixed:
- First boot issue fixed. calibration comes first and when done, initapp starts.
- internet key is fixed (relinked)
- camera and Sim issues fixed and verified
- IE8 back
- Simtoolkit added for dual Sim support
- SIP change is working (tested with Resco keyboard)
- UC compliancy enabled: Procedure:
-1.put all your cabs in a folder named "Cabs" in the root of your SD card,
-2.use "SDConfig_Builder" in Spocky's Kitchen to create a working "SDConfig.txt" that you'll save in the root of your SD card,
-3.click on the "SDAutoRun shortcut" in Start Menu > System
-4.when procdure is done, Soft Reset your phone.

Tips:
- To see pictures located on SD card directly from Titanium menu, put them in a folder entitled "DCIM".
- to uncheck titanium go to Start>settings>today>items and uncheck "windows default".

Good news:
- Camera 100% working
- SDHC support
- SIP changing ok

How to use Extendir:
- Unzip ExtendirRomFilesPreset_WWE_FR.7z onto your SD Card
- Then run PresetInstaller.exe from your SD Card\Extendir
- I advise you to, at least, choose one of the 2 FB PRESETs I made in order to install Adobe flash, Office, One note, windiag.

How to make your own ROM :
[How to] cook LG KS20 or MS25 Roms for dummies by ARTHEMUS
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=609838
Issues to work on:
- GSM driver resets on resume after standby (but I considere this issue minor with the workaround mentioned below).
- Annoying battery warning (detail)

Answers to questions:
*video call problem?
I set the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]
"Enabled"=dword:1 to 0
"ext"="LgePhoneExt.dll"
with this setting you can't make video calls anymore, but it makes the GSM reload much faster (from 8-9 sec to 2-3 sec)

*GSM signal disconnect problem
see video calls problems

*missed call notification issue?
The workaround is to install "MagiCall" http://www.mobiion.com/magicall.html. (informations provided by Raykisi, thanx)

*is bluetooth working properly?
-I've successfully connected my samsung wep300

*low battery notification?
Happens when ks20 is fully charged

*engineering menu?
Engineer menu is fully fonctional. After first start, install "Windiag.cab".

thanx Thorus for ideas and testings, Spocky for ks20 kitchen and tweaks on previous roms that made work easier, Arthemus and Raykisi both for unbranding my nv2 and more, Majorasshole for Presets , ShaDrac for Extendir and PresetsInstaller, Da_G and JooJooBee for the files they provide...

Franck

Older builds:
2009/12/14
KS20 WM6.5.3 CE OS 5.2.28014 (Build 28014 FB)10E WWE Clean http://www.mediafire.com/ks20
branch WMD

Those looking for a quite stable ROM should stick to branch COM 3 (latest 23092)

What's new:
- build update from 28011 to 23014 built with Spocky's latest Vogica kitchen 2.0 based on ervius visual kitchen
- Improved amount of free RAM around 43-44MB instead of 35-38MB

(No noticeable UI changes,n so can't really tell what's different from previous 28011)

what's been tested:
- volume control ok
- SMS, games tested ok
- wifi ok
- Owner info ok
- save option with camera works fine
- SIP ok
- bluetooth ok
- OTA sync with ActiveSync ok.

How to:
- Unzip ExtendirRomFilesPreset_WWE_FR.7z onto your SD Card
- Then run PresetInstaller.exe from your SD Card\Extendir
- I advise you to, at least, choose one of the 2 FB PRESETs I made in order to install Adobe flash, Office, One note, windiag.

Attachments

• Screen001.jpg
    Screen001.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 6,424
  • Screen002.jpg
    Screen002.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 5,520
  • Screen003.jpg
    Screen003.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 5,227
  • Screen004.png
    Screen004.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 4,737
  • Screen005.png
    Screen005.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 4,694
Last edited:

karim_31

Jan 18, 2009
a good work,this rom is amazing

+stable -bug

good job and congratulations to fara for this WM 6.5 Rom:):)

MatG

Jul 23, 2008
Katowice
Great.

You made this rom by your own or this is rather a mod of the rom from pda viet??

Testing it. One thing. Are you trying to solve the gsm driver problem or this is unrepairable??

Last edited:

farahbolsey

Jan 30, 2008
Cannes
xdaforums.com
Nothing taken from Pham's rom in this build. I think he hasn't even released a 21500 build yet.

Concerning the GSM driver Spocky had this issue in his Kiss and located it inside the SYS>shell folder. At the time he managed to isolate three elements and got them fixed.
Trying to get in touch with him to know more about this.

so i'm on it...

Last edited:

MatG

Jul 23, 2008
Katowice
More problems

Either you say the battery problem is fixed, it's not fixed. I recieve multiple messages about critically low battery meter though i have it fully charged...And my battery lasts for 10 hours after full charging with this rom. However this one is the best wm6.5 rom till now for ks20... Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

thorfr

Nov 12, 2007
This is not fixed but the battery draining speed isnot monstrous like in pham v03 ;)

farahbolsey

Jan 30, 2008
Cannes
xdaforums.com
can anyone confirm this: Battery warning message happens only when phone's fully charged and plugged.

Because no warning message for me this morning after leaving the phone without charging it during the night.

neophyte06

Apr 14, 2009
is there any chance to change the language to german? i've heared that wm6.5 is multilanguage, but where can i change it

farahbolsey

Jan 30, 2008
Cannes
xdaforums.com
well as soon as other languages appear on other devices running WM6.5, it will be ported. but for now it's only english and chineese. Simply porting the language part and dpi related to it from a WM6.1 didn't work for me.
The oggy team made it with 040C but won't share much about how to. If anyone knows the trick i'd be happy to learn.

By the way over 40 people downloaded the ROM, it'll be very helpful to have some feedback on how it works for you.

Franck

andolfree

Apr 5, 2008
i have a lg ks 20 before was branded TIm italy.. now i have a cooked rom - kiss 20.4.. it means that i have to unbrand my mobile??

and how i can do?? someoen can explain me?? thanks

karim_31

Jan 18, 2009
i have a lg ks 20 before was branded TIm italy.. now i have a cooked rom - kiss 20.4.. it means that i have to unbrand my mobile??

and how i can do?? someoen can explain me?? thanks

if your mobile is a branded ks20 with an branded rom you should

1.unbrand your nv2

2.install kiss20.4 unbranded and select your unbranded nv2 (select it as default nv2 in LGDMP) or restore it after installing kiss20.4 unbranded

3.install fara rom wm 6.5 in emeregency mode without erase EFS leave it "none"
and if your mobile is unbranded ks20 just the step 3
good luck

can anyone confirm this: Battery warning message happens only when phone's fully charged and plugged.

Because no warning message for me this morning after leaving the phone without charging it during the night.

yes the battery warning happen when the device is fully charged (plugged or not i'll verify now)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want update my ms20 with the last build of wm6.5, i have flashed a old build, but, now when i try connect the phone on the emergency mode the phone isn't recognized, in the normal mode the phone is recognized, but after the nv2 backup the program say: "Try to comunicate with phone" i don't know what i do, i will try on a virtual machine with the vmware.
    Thanks man.
    But my phone can success upgrade to wm6.1(can be use in both 2 SIM cards) also can success to install wm6.5.
    Is it mean that my phone is NOT branded?

I cannot check with *#06#, it said no service.
    But i check the NvBackup file name with the IMEI uder the phone, it is match.
    What can I do in order to make wm6.5 work on another SIM card?

If you unbranded yourself, and flashed 6.5 ROM or KisS 20.5 without OTP block problem, then it's ok, your phone is unbranded. check with windiag procedure your IMEI to be sure.

Well, a user encoutered nearly the same problem in the past. Try to access to windows/startup and erase autoconfig preset. Change this setting : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\7B58F1D9...\INPROCSERVER32 \SIMTKIT.DLL to NOSIMTKIT.DLL, and Soft Reset.
    Then, check what kind of SIM you have (USIM or a "classic" 64k SIM). Some embedded SIM authentification tools might have problem to work properly.
    LG KS20 WM6.5 (No services when turnoff device)

@ Nimrodity

Cabs Ccontact and Caccessoires here

@ Deosneos

"I can not access my phone plan information-through the dialer, no idea why That Is"

Can you test with this:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Services \ LPD]
    "Dll" = "OemPhoneD.dll"

@ Az_click

In start> settings> phone> band, you can just choose "GSM" INSTEAD of "Auto" on the first drop-down list.

By.

Hi Rickou26!
    Thank you very much for your help.
    I used your rom build 25014 (it's greated), and also followed by your instructions, but my Lg-KS20 WM6.5 still get informed is (No services) when power off device about 30 minutes. i cannot access phone (excepts i reset device).
    http://thumb.dumparump.com/323/T7squ1T.png
    http://thumb.dumparump.com/38/5CvTed4.png
    After reset
    http://thumb.dumparump.com/285/f50QwBy.png

Please non stop developing your works. Sorry for my english.
    by
    Where is the download link for KS20 WM6.5.3 CE OS 5.2.23518 (Build 23518 FB)10E WWE Clean?

I could not find this in http://www.mediafire.com/ks20