Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
Welcome to the​
LOST IN ASIA
ROM Series
สูญหาย ใน เอเชีย

INTRODUCTION:​

Code:
[B]First I would like to Thank a few people who have helped me. 
And stuck in there for me when I asked so many Noob questions.
[/B]
[B]jerpelea: [/B] who posted his kitchen and inspired me to start cooking, and has helped me a lot.

[B]Onkolog:[/B] Thank you for your support and helping me get started.

[B]Miri: [/B]Thanks for all your help and patience my friend, You are a great inspiration to me.

[B]Bepe:[/B] for your great Kitchen tools

[B]Ervius:[/B] For your Wonderful Visual Kitchen for Bepe's Tools

[B]Da_G:[/B] Thanks for you sharing your kitchens

[B]Kwbr: [/B]for your help and Blackstone cooking class. One of the most knowledgeable cooks on xda and a good inspiration to others

[B]Olinex:[/B] for his HSPL. without him what would we do

[B]NGRZ28:[/B] For some tweaks from your kitchen.  Thanks

[B]NeoS2007:[/B] For your continued graphics support and help.

[B]Sparkienl:[/B] For you providing the updates for the Ervius Visual Kitchen for our Blackstone.

[B]OndraSter [/B] For you Visual Kitchen. A Great Easy to use Kitchen.

[B]And many other great cooks and friends here.
[/B]

This ROM is available in 2 versions, with Standard & Lite for SPB MS.

** Before you FLASH this ROM-YOU MUST HAVE HSPL 1.56 OR USPL 2.5**

I have removed some of the programs. You can load them from cabs found here on XDA or let me know and I can provide it for you.

I have spent a lot of time working on fixing bugs and improving over all performance and added Many tweaks and fixes.

LIA_Screenshot1.jpg

LIA_Screenshot2copy.jpg

Pictures may not represent actual build

NEW Rom Online

=================================================NEW Version 17.1 WWE Extendir CFC HT Sense ================================

Lost In Asia V 17.1 21887 Extendir with Leo 2.01 HTC Sense 2.5 CFC

Password: bobsbbq

Lost In Asia V 17.1 21887 Lite SPB MS Extendir with Leo 2.01

Lost in Asia V 17.5 WM 6.5 21877 Extendir WWE HTC Sense 2.02 with Landscape support

How to install?: Copy the Extendir folder found in download to the root of your storage card. Flash the ROM as usual, then go to Applications folder in Start Menu and select Preset Installer. When Preset Installer comes up you can click next and install the programs or utilities you want by checking the boxes for each program. Then Click next and then install. A box with a bold check will install automatically to Device, if it has a faded check this means you will be prompted for install location. This is needed for programs that require user confirmation like FingerKeyboard and No HTC Messaging Fix. Manila is Partially loaded in ROM and Most installed post flash with Preset Installer. m6 color icons are only for 21xxx builds ONLY If you install Manila modifications that overwrite any manila files they will not be uninstallable. If you want them to be uninstallable install them to Extendir\WinDir\Manila\Manila Folder that contains the file you want to replace. Don't let device go to sleep during install!!. Device will reboot after installation. You can remove any of the programs as needed from the Remove programs in System. I have made many new .cab files with shortcuts to my Start Menu folders structure. So if you try to use these cabs on another ROM it likely will not work.

If you install LIA_Flipit by Wildberry, you will need to remove the following Reg Keys to make it work. And it works well.

HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\GSensor
AutoRotation = 1 (Delete This key)

HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\GSensor\
ModuleName (Delete This Key)
WhiteList (Delete This Key)

Then Soft Reset, you can then configure which apps you want to rotate from the Configuration settings in Flipit.​

===================================End of LIA V 17.1 WWE Extendir ===============================

On second boot the connection setup will run. Again be patient as it might start a few seconds after manila today screen is displayed.​

What is the New Extendir? It is a file aliasing program that stores some of Windows Program files in a different directory and or on the Storage card.

This allows for a ROM to be built with fewer Files in windows and thus better performance.

Preset Installer is a Visual UC Interface which allows you to add your Cabs and customizations after Flash. It is not installed in the ROM but you can install it and the device is already compatible. See this Thread for More Info:

Donations:
First let me say I do all this work as a hobby. I'm in no way looking for a income stream from my work. And you are in no way required to make any donations. However it makes me feel good and that my work is appreciated for the many hours spent working and flashing to make ROM's for the community.

**If you like my work click: Donatations Here**

Attachments

• sdkcerts.cab
    4.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
Reserved

Other useful information:

In Extendir there is a position fix cab for use with older builds of manila. This is no longer needed so Don't install Manila Mod #1. It will be removed from future ROM's

Version Changelog

Code:
Version 17.5
Updated HTC Sense to Leo 2.02 with full Landscape support

Version 17.1
Added .net 3.5 21887 version only
Fixed HTC Messaging 21887 version only
Fixed Volume control 21877 version only

Version 17.0
Updated SYS & XIP to 21887
Updated SYS & XIP to 21620
Updated all packages to Leo 2.01
Updated HTC Sense to 2.01 cfc Compressed, Only WWE support
Complete rebuild of kitchen. Some thing should work better. But I may have forgot something also
Updated Myphone App
Removed IME EzInput and made a cab for install through Preset Installer
Changed Manila Mods to install to the Extendir\Windir so they are uninstallable
Pagepool to 12 mb
Removed SD Tuneup and Neo2007 Driver pack 3. Install through Preset installer

Version 16.1
updated Wince.nls All regions.
updated Myphone App
Added some Thai Font and Keyboard

Version 16.0
Updated sys to 21616 A HTC branch build. (Same UI as 28014)
Updated Packages to Leo 1.61
Made a cab for Adobe Reader and is now on the storage card for install.
EZ Input Keyboard is back
Remove HTC Manila Sort Cuts from Start Menu. You can add them back with a simple reg change if you want them.
IME_CHS_ Keyboard is in a cab with Fonts on the storage card.
More tweaks and fixes. (Thanks to RobRedBeard)
New lite versions as well for MS

Version 15.5
Updated SYS & XIP to 28014
Removed more Programs and Apps from ROM. (Preset Installer)
Added Manila Mods, Bkg4AllTabs, Transparent Slider, Home 20 Link [B](Thanks to Xannytech for these)[/B]
Added Interceptor Position Fix (Preset Installer)
Added Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging (Preset Installer)
Added Digicast Snooze Solutions  (Preset Installer)
Added Opera Beta 2 Optimized  (Preset Installer)
More Tweaks and Clean up.

Last edited:

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
Known Bugs or Issues

Code:
[B]Known Bugs:[/B]

[B]When using fix for disable HTC Messaging you will see a white screen on startup. This is normal and will go away in a few seconds.

Rhodium Phone Canvass or dialer contact button will not work without manila installed

To Update My Location in Weather you have to have WiFi turned on. 
It does not need to have a connection, just be on.

On music Tab in Manila, 
Music player is slow to recognize the library the first time

When installing the Fix for HTC messaging cab in Preset installer
Select the check box with a gray check mark so you can be prompted during install 

If you experience strange behavior try without storage card. 
I had to reformat mine. It was the cause of some of my problems

[COLOR="Red"]Please remember this is a TEST ROM and it is going to have some bugs. 
So please try to be helpful when replying bug reports.[/COLOR][/B]

[B]A HARD RESET [COLOR="Red"]After Removing Battery for a few seconds & without storage memory[/COLOR] is Highly Recommended after flash[/B][/CENTER]

[B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]If you are having trouble with error at startup with opera try installing sdkcert.cab below[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Last edited:

xmsnx

Jan 5, 2008
Working really well so far, been using it just over an hour.
Using around 46% memory on fresh boot. Gets higher as you run more progs/apps but seems to drop down really well again. Running around 51% after 45 mins. Good selection of apps included in the rom.
The messaging app seems to auto start, changes both bottom soft keys too.

Other than that great work Bob! :D

Also any plans to release a light version?

swapnild

Jul 8, 2008
flashing now ..

Looks like a good job .. hopefully will be even better experience !

Flashing my HD now .. !

VizagDude

Jan 31, 2007
New York
Hey Bob,

First of all let me congratulate you on this AMAZING ROM. It is very fast, smooth and stable. Nice background too.

I have tested the following features in your ROM:

Camera: Really good and by far the best performance I have seen in low light as well.
Email / Sync with Exchange 2007: Perfect. No problems there.
YouTube: Awesome. I could even play YouTube videos smoothly while I am on EDGE.
Topaz Dialer: This is the ONLY ROM that I have seen where the Topaz or HTC dialer worked perfectly. In the other 6.5 ROMs I saw a conflict between the HTC and the WM6.5 dialers. The WM dialer pops up for a brief sec before the HTC one comes up. In your ROM I did not see that happen. Even the most experienced chefs could not do this. You should highlight this on your release notes. Even when the screen is locked, the Topaz dialer works flawlessly.
Opera: No issues there what so ever.
Google Maps: Perfectly working.
WiFi / Bluetooth: No problems there as well.
Windows Media Player: No issues
Pictures and Videos: Perfect
CorePlayer: Working properly (I know it does not come with your ROM but I have it and I use it for videos).
CSVD: I know this also not part of your ROM, but I installed the cab and it works with NO issues. I prefer this over the MSVC.

Now the Issues I found on your ROM:

Music Player: I had problems paying music from my storage card. It was breaking up. This was fixed as soon as I installed SD Tuneup. So you might want to include this in your ROM.

HTC Album: It freezes a bit..

Calculator: I know the new HTC calculator is not included. But the WM 6.5 one SUX big time. For the release, you can probably include IPC Black Calculator. I installed the cab and it worked perfectly. I would definitely suggest this instead of the stock Cal.

Last but not least... I think you should clearly mention the SPL version as well for your ROM. I know you did say it works with HSPL and USPL. But here is the thing, I have USPL 1.54 since I installed Dutty's 2.7. Though I was able to flash it without any issues and everything works fine... But there is an issue with the screen after a soft reset. I get wearied colors. But this will go away when I press the power button and close the screen and bring it right back up by pressing the power button again.

So I think you should probably say that HSPL and USPL v1.14 or something.

I really liked the way you have integrated the Topaz apps within the ROM. They are launch and work as if they are part of WM6.5 Great work.

I dont know how I was able to do it, but the Titanium theme rotated in Landscape mode once (i was not able to do it again). But when it did, I loved the way there were an extra set of icons when I press start. Like you have 4 in potrait, mode... I got 5 in Landscape. I was not able to get it back to Potriate mode. Had to do a SR.

On a personal pref... I cannot use a ROM with out Manila, 'Coz I need to have Favorites for people. Unfortunately in 6.5 I dont have that (Unless I am missing something).

So waiting for your Topaz Manila version.

I do not use GPS or Nav, so I cannot comment on that.

Once again... GREAT JOB. To be honest... Acutally I loved yours compared to any other 6.5 ROMs out there. You have made sure that you resolved most of the issues raised by many members in other ROMs.

Good Luck.

zeka1974

Great

I flashed this Lite version last night, and with few hours of test I must say that this is one of the best rom's here!
Very fast and stable until now.

- Ndrive (Portuguese Navigation Software), works perfectly;
- Coreplayer with excellent performance;
- Pictures and Video, works perfectly too

I will continue to do some more tests to this Rom, but until now 5*****

Note: include SD TuneUp in the Rom

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
I flashed this Lite version last night, and with few hours of test I must say that this is one of the best rom's here!
Very fast and stable until now.

- Ndrive (Portuguese Navigation Software), works perfectly;
- Coreplayer with excellent performance;
- Pictures and Video, works perfectly too

I will continue to do some more tests to this Rom, but until now 5*****

Note: include SD TuneUp in the Rom

Thanks for the report. SD Tune up is included I will check again but I think it is active as my SD benchmark test show like it is installed.