4th January 2013, 06:07 PM |#312  
Recognized Developer
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2,802

Donate to Me
More
New Preview Build.

Still just some upstream updates:

- This has the new version of the lockscreen/homescreen clock/calendar/weather widget (You may recognize it from CM10)
- Probably more... poke around

I know it's a couple days old already, things have still been a little crazy as the holidays wrap up.

Download cm-10.1-20130101-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to bbelos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2013, 08:15 PM |#313  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstevens23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isira

The only annoyance I have with CM10.1 is really a stupid Android 4.2 intentional "feature" Google imposed on us regarding notifications and vibrations. In Android 4.2, your phone will vibrate in vibrate mode no matter what setting you have unless you have vibrate disabled and a silent tone.
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=39592
https://github.com/android/platform_...1b6d72a5cf81cd

I had Gmail set up with a notification tone but no vibration set, and I had been repeatedly woken up one evening (I have my phone set on vibrate mode at night). Now I just set my Gmail sound to silent so I wont be woken up, which also means I will never hear anything when an email arrives. I hope CM10.1 will eventually fix this intentional bug.

I've found the quiet hours setting to come in handy.

The problem is Google introduced a feature which blatantly ignores user preferences. If I set my app to never vibrate, it shouldn't ever vibrate. I was just telling my bedtime story as that's when I discovered this new Android 4.2 "feature".
4th January 2013, 08:20 PM |#314  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:

The problem is Google introduced a feature which blatantly ignores user preferences. If I set my app to never vibrate, it shouldn't ever vibrate. I was just telling my bedtime story as that's when I discovered this new Android 4.2 "feature".

In sound modes there's a few options for the pull down tile settings. Off/vibration /sound /and sound + vibration... Use off

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
4th January 2013, 08:59 PM |#315  

More
Ok, you're not understanding what I'm saying.

If I set an app (Gmail) to never vibrate, then when I'm in vibrate mode, the app is not supposed to vibrate. However, in Android 4.2, Google decided to ignore user settings and make apps vibrate no matter what unless the ringtone is also set to Silent.

From the Android 4.2 commit.
"When in vibrate mode, all notifications will vibrate.
(Unless the notification specifies no ringtone AND no
vibration, in which case it will remain silent.)"

There's nothing you can do about it unless someone goes in there and "fixes" the base code. Whether or not CM10.1 will fix this "regression" remains to be seen.
4th January 2013, 09:18 PM |#316  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:

Ok, you're not understanding what I'm saying.

If I set an app (Gmail) to never vibrate, then when I'm in vibrate mode, the app is not supposed to vibrate. However, in Android 4.2, Google decided to ignore user settings and make apps vibrate no matter what unless the ringtone is also set to Silent.

From the Android 4.2 commit.
"When in vibrate mode, all notifications will vibrate.
(Unless the notification specifies no ringtone AND no
vibration, in which case it will remain silent.)"

There's nothing you can do about it unless someone goes in there and "fixes" the base code. Whether or not CM10.1 will fix this "regression" remains to be seen.

I get it now, you set your phone to vibrate and don't want things to vibrate... no but seriously I see what your saying, but I think that's the point, if you want silent put it to silent. You obviously still want it to vibrate for other things, so I dunno.
4th January 2013, 09:22 PM |#317  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterfeit187

I get it now, you set your phone to vibrate and don't want things to vibrate... no but seriously I see what your saying, but I think that's the point, if you want silent put it to silent. You obviously still want it to vibrate for other things, so I dunno.

Only apps which are set to vibrate should be vibrating. In my case, Gmail is specifically set to never vibrate, but because of this Android 4.2 code change, Gmail will now vibrate no matter what the user setting is unless the app is set to "Vibrate == Off && Ringtone == Silent".
4th January 2013, 09:28 PM |#318  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Ok guys i got this installed no problem a couple days ago...i tried flashing the updated gapps zip for 4.2.1 (16 dec 2012) in the apps section...half of the apps dont get installed for some reason...the things i see are one of the updater script leaves out some apks (maps for an example because i wanted that installed) and when i was using root explorer i saw my phone storage memory was full without the last half of the apps installed...im going to download the newest experimental build and wipe data, cache, and dalvik and flash it...can anyone tell me what i can do to make sure my phone is partitioned right and make all the updated gapps install?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2013, 09:34 PM |#319  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder09

Ok guys i got this installed no problem a couple days ago...i tried flashing the updated gapps zip for 4.2.1 (16 dec 2012) in the apps section...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...96&postcount=6
4th January 2013, 09:38 PM |#320  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 4,095

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder09

Ok guys i got this installed no problem a couple days ago...i tried flashing the updated gapps zip for 4.2.1 (16 dec 2012) in the apps section...half of the apps dont get installed for some reason...the things i see are one of the updater script leaves out some apks (maps for an example because i wanted that installed) and when i was using root explorer i saw my phone storage memory was full without the last half of the apps installed...im going to download the newest experimental build and wipe data, cache, and dalvik and flash it...can anyone tell me what i can do to make sure my phone is partitioned right and make all the updated gapps install?

U may wanna consider using ODIN first and doing a totally clean install ( the gapps I use are 20121212-4.21 ), but otherwise doing the 3 wipes ( data - cache - davlik ) and using correct gapps should be good to go
4th January 2013, 09:54 PM |#321  
Flag Lewisburg TN
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilajrestnom

Just a small quick question.
Cm10 = gapps 4.1.x
Cm10.1 = gapps 4.2.x
Is that right?

Thats right

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to classic7876 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift classic7876 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)