By Mazda, Retired Recognized Developer on 4th January 2013, 04:34 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
4th January 2013, 06:46 PM |#21  
Flag High Point, NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herousr

Did you not update the changelog or have you not uploaded this version yet? I wanted to flash the latest one so I was just curious.

Not uploaded yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to raptoro07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raptoro07 Ad-Free

4th January 2013, 06:53 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptoro07

Not uploaded yet.

alright figured thanks.
4th January 2013, 07:15 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1,513

Donate to Me
More
Great job Mazda

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mingolianbeef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mingolianbeef Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 08:09 PM |#24  
Flag Grantville
Thanks Meter: 1,450

More
Dude nice job! I love this source. Can't wait to try her out!

Pacman for the 3vo CDMA
The Following User Says Thank You to cmbaughman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmbaughman Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 08:25 PM |#25  
Flag denver
Thanks Meter: 19

More
how is this or how will it be different than the kick ass rom you already have out?
The Following User Says Thank You to TXRC51FATBOY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TXRC51FATBOY Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 08:27 PM |#26  
Flag High Point, NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRC51FATBOY

how is this or how will it be different than the kick ass rom you already have out?

It's slim and doesn't contain all the AOKP stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raptoro07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raptoro07 Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 09:04 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Mazda, I love your ROMs. Thanks very much for this.

I do have a question, though. I notice some of your other new ROMs have come out with one or two versions and then you stop supporting them. I know you're doing this voluntarily and I obviously don't expect anything out of you, but I'm just curious if this is a project you plan on continuing into the future.

I don't want the above to come off the wrong way, I'm just not entirely sure how to word it in order to not sound like a dick!

Thanks again. You definitely have some of the very best ROMs for our device, and I appreciate ALL of your work!
The Following User Says Thank You to xiton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xiton Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 09:20 PM |#28  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptoro07

It's slim and doesn't contain all the AOKP stuff.

Besides that... anything else of note? Is faster, smoother, etc? Just wondering. The slim bean site didn't give me much info. It just seemed like AOKP with slightly less customization.
4th January 2013, 09:31 PM |#29  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Milton, Florida
Thanks Meter: 12,605

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiton

Mazda, I love your ROMs. Thanks very much for this.

I do have a question, though. I notice some of your other new ROMs have come out with one or two versions and then you stop supporting them. I know you're doing this voluntarily and I obviously don't expect anything out of you, but I'm just curious if this is a project you plan on continuing into the future.

I don't want the above to come off the wrong way, I'm just not entirely sure how to word it in order to not sound like a dick!

Thanks again. You definitely have some of the very best ROMs for our device, and I appreciate ALL of your work!

You must be talking about previous ports on the EVO 4G because the only ROM that I've dropped support recently is my King Kang ROM and that was mainly because of two things.

1. Rohan, the main dev for the ROM stopped supporting it

2. I didn't want to feel like I was competing with anyone

Building from source and porting is obviously two different things. When I was porting ROMs for the EVO 4G, at times it became very frustrating because I wanted to do [insert whatever] and couldn't because of smali or just limitations that come along with porting.

When I started building from source, that opened the gateway to plenty of things. Mainly the ability to fully support a ROM and able to take it from point A to point B....i.e my AOKP Jellybean ROM on here

NOW if you're asking if I'm going to drop support from this ROM after just 1-2 updates, the answer is no! BUT I may not have to update the ROM after 1-2 updates because honestly there might not be anything left to do hahahaha

Anyways I could go on and on about this BUT I won't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustbinK

Besides that... anything else of note? Is faster, smoother, etc? Just wondering. The slim bean site didn't give me much info. It just seemed like AOKP with slightly less customization.

Do a nandroid and try it out.......if you don't like it, go back to your setup....if you like it, then welcome to the party

OR if you don't want to do that, there's always youtube

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.pz6ficx3mY4
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mazda Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 09:40 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda

You must be talking about previous ports on the EVO 4G because the only ROM that I've dropped support recently is my King Kang ROM and that was mainly because of two things.

1. Rohan, the main dev for the ROM stopped supporting it

2. I didn't want to feel like I was competing with anyone

Building from source and porting is obviously two different things. When I was porting ROMs for the EVO 4G, at times it became very frustrating because I wanted to do [insert whatever] and couldn't because of smali or just limitations that come along with porting.

When I started building from source, that opened the gateway to plenty of things. Mainly the ability to fully support a ROM and able to take it from point A to point B....i.e my AOKP Jellybean ROM on here

NOW if you're asking if I'm going to drop support from this ROM after just 1-2 updates, the answer is no! BUT I may not have to update the ROM after 1-2 updates because honestly there might not be anything left to do hahahaha

Anyways I could go on and on about this BUT I won't!

Thanks for the clarification and I appreciate the response.
The Following User Says Thank You to xiton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xiton Ad-Free
4th January 2013, 09:43 PM |#31  
Flag EVERYWHERE!
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Very sick ROM MAZDA! Smokin fast.
Faster than Bruce Lee's 1-inch punch!
:beer:

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theotrman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theotrman Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome, fast, slimbean, team d.i.r.t
Previous Thread Next Thread