[ROM] [Team D.I.R.T] [4.1.2] Unofficial Slim Bean v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xiton

Oct 5, 2009
Mazda, I love your ROMs. Thanks very much for this.

I do have a question, though. I notice some of your other new ROMs have come out with one or two versions and then you stop supporting them. I know you're doing this voluntarily and I obviously don't expect anything out of you, but I'm just curious if this is a project you plan on continuing into the future.

I don't want the above to come off the wrong way, I'm just not entirely sure how to word it in order to not sound like a ****! :laugh:

Thanks again. You definitely have some of the very best ROMs for our device, and I appreciate ALL of your work! :good:

Reactions: Mazda

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Mazda, I love your ROMs. Thanks very much for this.

I do have a question, though. I notice some of your other new ROMs have come out with one or two versions and then you stop supporting them. I know you're doing this voluntarily and I obviously don't expect anything out of you, but I'm just curious if this is a project you plan on continuing into the future.

I don't want the above to come off the wrong way, I'm just not entirely sure how to word it in order to not sound like a ****! :laugh:

Thanks again. You definitely have some of the very best ROMs for our device, and I appreciate ALL of your work! :good:
You must be talking about previous ports on the EVO 4G because the only ROM that I've dropped support recently is my King Kang ROM and that was mainly because of two things.

1. Rohan, the main dev for the ROM stopped supporting it

2. I didn't want to feel like I was competing with anyone

Building from source and porting is obviously two different things. When I was porting ROMs for the EVO 4G, at times it became very frustrating because I wanted to do [insert whatever] and couldn't because of smali or just limitations that come along with porting.

When I started building from source, that opened the gateway to plenty of things. Mainly the ability to fully support a ROM and able to take it from point A to point B....i.e my AOKP Jellybean ROM on here :good:

NOW if you're asking if I'm going to drop support from this ROM after just 1-2 updates, the answer is no! BUT I may not have to update the ROM after 1-2 updates because honestly there might not be anything left to do hahahaha

Anyways I could go on and on about this BUT I won't!

Besides that... anything else of note? Is faster, smoother, etc? Just wondering. The slim bean site didn't give me much info. It just seemed like AOKP with slightly less customization.

Do a nandroid and try it out.......if you don't like it, go back to your setup....if you like it, then welcome to the party :)

OR if you don't want to do that, there's always youtube :good:

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...0.107.1215.9j4.13.0...0.0...1ac.1.pz6ficx3mY4

Last edited:

xiton

Oct 5, 2009
You must be talking about previous ports on the EVO 4G because the only ROM that I've dropped support recently is my King Kang ROM and that was mainly because of two things.

1. Rohan, the main dev for the ROM stopped supporting it

2. I didn't want to feel like I was competing with anyone

Building from source and porting is obviously two different things. When I was porting ROMs for the EVO 4G, at times it became very frustrating because I wanted to do [insert whatever] and couldn't because of smali or just limitations that come along with porting.

When I started building from source, that opened the gateway to plenty of things. Mainly the ability to fully support a ROM and able to take it from point A to point B....i.e my AOKP Jellybean ROM on here :good:

NOW if you're asking if I'm going to drop support from this ROM after just 1-2 updates, the answer is no! BUT I may not have to update the ROM after 1-2 updates because honestly there might not be anything left to do hahahaha

Anyways I could go on and on about this BUT I won't!

Thanks for the clarification and I appreciate the response. :)

LfnsR

Sep 27, 2011
Orange County, CA
Sweet! Looking forward to checking this one out. Loving the continued support on the nearly 2 year old 3D!

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D via Tapatalk!

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Can't test it because I'm on Boost Mobile BUT I'm sure Wimax is working....

iSLWv.png

itradio

Mar 26, 2007
Mazda... you're the man! AKOP is freezing up on me, and I was just about to wipe & reflash. I'll deal w/random freezes until the camera fix is uploaded! It looks sweet!

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Sweet deal Mazda. Been a fan of your work for a bit actually.

Just one question though. When you say camera is a bug, does that mean it doesn't open? Orrr that it opens then crashes?

Not that it matters...I'm going to flash this soon.

sandman121383

Aug 8, 2012
...I might be flashin this too! I'm using the dirt jb ROM and loving it.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9sxzh.png

AZljR.png

Like all my threads, I want to give credit and thank you for those that help me along the way and make these ROMs/MODs and everything I do possible!

Google | Slim Team | AOKP Team | Cyanogen | Preludedrew | JMZtaylor | MikeC84 | Tommytomatoe | Lloir

iBlowpot | Sammyycakes | Kushdeck | thedawn2009 | qnhoang81 | rohan32

- All of Team D.I.R.T and everyone that supports us!

* If you feel that your name should be in the OP for one reason or another, please PM and I'll get you up there if I forgot you

Hugi6.png

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with their (Slim Rom team) mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Feature requests are welcomed as this is an unofficial ROM and I can do what I please with it.
    3. As per the Slim ROM team, no ports based on my ROM zip or their ROM zip at all! Their manifest is updated regularly and they encourage building from source.

Check out the feature list here

ecETQ.png

Code:
    [B][COLOR="red"]- Initial release[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]- Version 1.1[/COLOR][/B]
    - Fixed the camera
    - Fixed Wimax
    - Added in facebook sync hack
    - Removed OTA app (I rather not do OTAs)
    - Made some minor changes in Settings
    - Updated hosts for an ad-free experience
    - Probably something else but I can't remember....

Rt1Bw.png

- Please do a full complete wipe (everything but your sdcard) before flashing.

- Make sure you're NOT on the 1.58 HBOOT or you will get reboot!!

- Provide a logcat and/or as much detail as possible or your bug will be ignored.

- Remember the XDA rules! Please be respectful to each other, I do this for free and have NO TIME for the BS!

- If and when someone does step out of line, either ignore them or report them, don't feed the trolls...PLEASE!!

SDZ0b.png

http://teamdirt.me/showthread.php?3-ROM-Team-D-I-R-T-4-1-2-Unofficial-Slim-Bean-v1-1

qdnEp.png

- 3D

pdEiX.png

Source for the ROM - https://github.com/Slimroms
    Source for the Kernel - https://github.com/mazdarider23/android_kernel_htc_shooter
    FAQlogo.png

Q - I flashed the ROM and now I have an issue, what should I do?
    A - Don't freak out! Pull a logcat and paste it on to pastebin and provide me a link in the thread to it. Along with the logcat, please provide me with as much information as possible. Things that you would think could help me fix this issue.....i.e what kernel you're running, what happened, what did you prior to the bug/issue.

Q - How do I pull a logcat?
    A - Check out this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

Q - Do I have to wipe before flashing??
    A - YES, even if you're coming from a previous version of this ROM. By doing a full wipe each time, it not only avoids any issues that come from not wiping BUT if you report an issue, I then know that is a legit problem and not because of lack of wiping.

Q - I see (Insert developer name) has fixed this or has added this feature, are you going to do the same?
    A - NO! No disrespect to that developer but I have not and will not keep up with what other developers are doing.

Q - I'm getting "Incompatible" errors in the Google Playstore, what can I do?
    A - Don't freak out!! Read this post by spycom773469, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36319242&postcount=59

Q - My home button doesn't seem to work, what can I do?
    A - 9/10 times this happens when you flash the wrong GAPPS. This ROM is 4.1.2 not 4.2 so you would need to flash the GAPPS for 4.1.2

If the problem continues, then please pull a logcat and post the url to the logcat so I can troubleshoot this issue further

For further FAQs specific to Slim Bean, check out http://slimroms.net
    Camera/Camcorder and video playback is fixed :good:

Gonna go eat something and then tackle wimax for this ROM :)
    Can't test it because I'm on Boost Mobile BUT I'm sure Wimax is working....

iSLWv.png
    I just recently noticed that my MMS isn't working is there a fix or could someone assist me please thx u

J-Tatas
    Please search before posting! This very question has been answered time after time by ramjet and others in this thread.

I'm not trying to be an ass BUT I see more and more people not even trying to figure out things on their own and that's getting old :good: