Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,477

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kRt_uK

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]
1- The chipset Intel (Infineon) XMM6260 is built-in on Nexus 7 3G (the same chipset is in that rather long list of phones). It means no hardware limitations.

No it doesn't. There are many ways in which the XMM6260 audio I/O interface can be wired (just look at the Galaxy S2 family of devices - all have XMM6260 but the audio configuration in terms of which device is master/slave and sample rate is significantly different for each device) including NOT WIRED AT ALL. The 6260 also is just the BASEBAND and usually has a bunch of support chips (power amplifiers, RF frontends, etc.) hung off of it - so unless you can get a device which has a hardware configuration (RF frontends, PAs, audio routing) that is an EXACT match to that of the N7, you're going to fail.

Maybe it was wired up, maybe it wasn't - even if physically wired, there's a good chance the radio firmware (baseband) might not enable the port at all.

XMM6260 basebands are RARELY portable. Even with devices with FAR more commonality than N7 does with anything else, modem swaps fail.

For example, the SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) and GT-I9100 (International GS2) are 99% identical. You know what one of the differences is? Call audio fails completely if you flash an I9100 baseband to the I777.

I have never, in my entire time here, ever seen a successful XMM6260 baseband swap succeed. Plenty of people tried to do so with the original Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) to try and enable T-Mobile UMTS1700 support.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2013, 11:24 PM |#232  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 70

More
@entropy

For the benefit of us mere mortals, is what you are effectively saying that GSM calls ain't happening on the N7?
5th January 2013, 01:30 AM |#233  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_uk

@entropy

For the benefit of us mere mortals, is what you are effectively saying that GSM calls ain't happening on the N7?

No, he said you can't flash the xmm chipset with that of another device. We now have to determine what arrangement we have and modify the firmware. It may be impossible depending on what other related hardware is included/excluded. We would need someone with the background to program the firmware. It is certainly beyond the capability of anyone I know personally. If it is possible we will need a very experienced Dev and possibly even access to information not readily available to the public. I guess I will take mine apart tonight and ID some components. I was trying to avoid that hoping someone else would do it since it is my only "phone" at the moment via VoIP. This could very well be a lost cause and maybe it is time to focus on the Bluetooth bugs for better VoIP.
5th January 2013, 07:46 AM |#234  
Flag Dar es Salaam
Thanks Meter: 874

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

No it doesn't. There are many ways in which the XMM6260 audio I/O interface can be wired (just look at the Galaxy S2 family of devices - all have XMM6260 but the audio configuration in terms of which device is master/slave and sample rate is significantly different for each device) including NOT WIRED AT ALL. The 6260 also is just the BASEBAND and usually has a bunch of support chips (power amplifiers, RF frontends, etc.) hung off of it - so unless you can get a device which has a hardware configuration (RF frontends, PAs, audio routing) that is an EXACT match to that of the N7, you're going to fail.

Maybe it was wired up, maybe it wasn't - even if physically wired, there's a good chance the radio firmware (baseband) might not enable the port at all.

XMM6260 basebands are RARELY portable. Even with devices with FAR more commonality than N7 does with anything else, modem swaps fail.

For example, the SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) and GT-I9100 (International GS2) are 99% identical. You know what one of the differences is? Call audio fails completely if you flash an I9100 baseband to the I777.

I have never, in my entire time here, ever seen a successful XMM6260 baseband swap succeed. Plenty of people tried to do so with the original Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) to try and enable T-Mobile UMTS1700 support.

I agree with you fully. I am also suspecting hardware side limitations. Or if they were too lazy to modify and make other arrangements to disable voice, then my suspicions are on the software side. Probably replaced the function that makes the voice possible by a dummy function or such...... The same way some people make trial software from the full version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
5th January 2013, 08:08 AM |#235  
Thanks Meter: 554

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalgecin

I agree with you fully. I am also suspecting hardware side limitations. Or if they were too lazy to modify and make other arrangements to disable voice, then my suspicions are on the software side. Probably replaced the function that makes the voice possible by a dummy function or such...... The same way some people make trial software from the full version.

Hehe...so basically you suspect something on either side until someone else figures something out.
5th January 2013, 10:42 AM |#236  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Red face
Hello All,

Been watching this forum hoping for results. Decided to try some stuff and I have gotten some great success.

OK so the big one is, I have successfully flashed a I9250 Radio onto my N7 3G. After flashing the radio the errors I get while making a call are different, or at least I believe they are. I also have not lost my data so the radio works ok. The only error I get is:
Code:
D/CallNotifier(  677): onDisconnect: cause = NORMAL, incoming = false, date = 1357378387499
D/CallNotifier(  677): SignalInfoTonePlayer.run(toneId = 98)...
D/PhoneNumberUtils(  677): System property doesn't provide any emergency numbers. Use embedded logic for determining ones.
D/CallNotifier(  677): InCallTonePlayer.run(toneId = 4)...
D/BluetoothAdapterService(1110790488)( 1791): getState(): mAdapterProperties: [email protected]
D/BluetoothAdapterService(1110790488)( 1791): getState(): mAdapterProperties: [email protected]
D/PhoneNumberUtils(  677): System property doesn't provide any emergency numbers. Use embedded logic for determining ones.
E/BluetoothPhoneService(  677): Could not get a handle on Connection object forthe call
D/PhoneStatusBar(  574): disable: < EXPAND icons alerts* ticker system_info back home recent clock search >
E/HeadsetStateMachine( 1791): terminateScoUsingVirtualVoiceCall:No present callto terminate
D/dalvikvm(  677): GC_EXPLICIT freed 691K, 11% free 7565K/8412K, paused 2ms+6ms, total 55ms
I/AudioService(  491):  AudioFocus  abandonAudioFocus() from AudioFocus_For_Phone_Ring_And_Calls
D/dalvikvm(  932): GC_EXPLICIT freed 577K, 10% free 8166K/9056K, paused 2ms+5ms, total 34ms
This lead me to believe that the current issue is simply that the tablet doesn't have audio profiles designed to handle calls.

Oh and one test further. Connecting a BT car to my N7 with the I9250 Radio pairs fine, but won't connect for audio. I'm assuming thats due to lacking bluetooth profiles to handle headsets.

Here is where I need help. Can someone out there with the existing experience, pop the framework file out of CM10, enable the phone parts (phone.apk) and post the new framework file. I believe that CM10 has all the audio/bluetooth profiles needed for this to work or at least get closer. Please correct me if my thinking seems flawed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoeJonnyBoy75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeJonnyBoy75 Ad-Free
5th January 2013, 10:53 AM |#237  
Flag Dar es Salaam
Thanks Meter: 874

Donate to Me
More
What of you try to check your balance?

5th January 2013, 11:27 AM |#238  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJonnyBoy75

Hello All,

Been watching this forum hoping for results. Decided to try some stuff and I have gotten some great success.

OK so the big one is, I have successfully flashed a I9250 Radio onto my N7 3G. After flashing the radio the errors I get while making a call are different, or at least I believe they are. I also have not lost my data so the radio works ok. The only error I get is:

Code:
D/CallNotifier(  677): onDisconnect: cause = NORMAL, incoming = false, date = 1357378387499
D/CallNotifier(  677): SignalInfoTonePlayer.run(toneId = 98)...
D/CallNotifier(  677): InCallTonePlayer.run(toneId = 4)...
E/BluetoothPhoneService(  677): Could not get a handle on Connection object forthe call
D/PhoneStatusBar(  574): disable: < EXPAND icons alerts* ticker system_info back home recent clock search >
E/HeadsetStateMachine( 1791): terminateScoUsingVirtualVoiceCall:No present callto terminate
D/dalvikvm(  677): GC_EXPLICIT freed 691K, 11% free 7565K/8412K, paused 2ms+6ms, total 55ms
I/AudioService(  491):  AudioFocus  abandonAudioFocus() from AudioFocus_For_Phone_Ring_And_Calls
D/dalvikvm(  932): GC_EXPLICIT freed 577K, 10% free 8166K/9056K, paused 2ms+5ms, total 34ms
This lead me to believe that the current issue is simply that the tablet doesn't have audio profiles designed to handle calls.

Oh and one test further. Connecting a BT car to my N7 with the I9250 Radio pairs fine, but won't connect for audio. I'm assuming thats due to lacking bluetooth profiles to handle headsets.

Here is where I need help. Can someone out there with the existing experience, pop the framework file out of CM10, enable the phone parts (phone.apk) and post the new framework file. I believe that CM10 has all the audio/bluetooth profiles needed for this to work or at least get closer. Please correct me if my thinking seems flawed.

I am not an expert, but I suppose that for now you could just install this rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2036344), it should be voice-enabled. It is just for time saving..
5th January 2013, 05:20 PM |#239  
Recognized Developer
Flag Outside Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 544

Donate to Me
More
I see nothing in your log cat that indicates ril status.

Send me a pm with details around the radio you used and I'll try it on the "mule"... Yes I kept it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Synman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2013, 06:41 PM |#240  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 518

More
Do you still have your original IMEI number after flashing that radio?
cjsspape
5th January 2013, 07:01 PM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJonnyBoy75

With the Bluetooth part I can pair mine to my vehicle good too even without any phone configurations other then grooveip and call forwarding enabled. Naturally it won't connect but it does pair like ya said so I don't think the radios involved in that part of it. I'm currently decomiling the framework-res.apk from the unofficial cm10.1 thread for them. After I test it if it works I'll post it up here for ya

EDIT: Here's the Updated Framework-res.apk from 10.1 Hope this helps ya out. Its tested and brings up the native dialer but I didnt try the modem until I see a few more details haha cant mess up the shiny new toy just yet

Attached Files
File Type: zip Framework-Res.apk CM10.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.41 MB, 57 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)