Post Reply Email Thread
14th December 2012, 01:11 PM |#51  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 475

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by focosi

v.0.13 crashes for me on Samsung Focus Flash / Omnia W (ex AT&T branded) with fatal error at clicking "Continue"

install v.11 then update and it works, its the full fresh install that seems to have an issue, at least it does on my gen 2 focus S

18th December 2012, 12:04 PM |#52  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sinop/Boyabat
Thanks Meter: 1,769

Donate to Me
More
How do I do it?
HEX:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Obex\Services\{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}]
"BluetoothSdpRecord"=hex:35,5F,09,00,01,35,03,19,11,05,09,00,04,35,11,35,03,19,01,00,35,05,19,00,03,08,0A,35,03,19,00,08,09,00,06,35,09,09,65,6E,09,00,6A,09,01,00,09,00,09,35,08,35,06,19,11,05,09,01,00,09,01,00,25,10,4F,42,45,58,20,4F,62,6A,65,63,74,20,50,75,73,68,09,03,03,35,0C,35,02,08,01,35,02,08,02,35,02,08,03
WP7RootToolsSDK.Registry.SetValue(WP7RootToolsSDK. RegistryHyve.LocalMachine, "Software\\Microsoft\\Obex\\Services\\{0000000 0-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}", "BluetoothSdpRecord", new byte[] { ?, ?, ? });

please help me
thanks
18th December 2012, 01:12 PM |#53  
Flag PERPIGNAN
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Have you tested to convert Hex to Dec value ?
The Following User Says Thank You to titi66200 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift titi66200 Ad-Free
18th December 2012, 01:39 PM |#54  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sinop/Boyabat
Thanks Meter: 1,769

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titi66200

Have tested to convert Hex to Dec value ?

Give an example
26th December 2012, 11:15 AM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi! I'm in a particular situation: I've an HTC Mazaa and so I've R/W access to the ~7GB internal memory, however the filesystem is quite a mess, there are some FAT16 partitions, but the interesting one is in TexFAT (not exFAT) for which I think exists only an implementation for x86 in Platform Builder and using it is not easy, however I'm able to find most of the files I'm interested in and modify them with an hex editor.

I already have a 3 side-load apps developer unlock obtained in a legitimate way. I've tried to gain the Interop unlock manually editing (with an hex editor) the registry value MaxUnsignedApps to 0x7FFFFFFF but something is wrong: either Zune resets it as soon as I connect or the registry is not in plain text and what I'm modifying is something unrelated. The DeveloperUnlockState seems to be set 1, but I don't have the PortalUrlProd and PortalUrlInt keys, and adding a key with an hex editor is not as easy as modifying a DWORD value.

I've also tried to install WP7 Root Tools commenting the request for the Interop capability from the XAP, and then, once installed, manually remove the comment from the manifest in the hope to make it work, but it still says that I'm using an incompatible device.

So I thought: I could try to directly patch the binaries WP7 Root Tools would try to patch and directly gain the definitive unlock.
Is there a list of patches to apply, to which binaries and so on? That would be very helpful!

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTrap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WhiteTrap Ad-Free
26th December 2012, 07:17 PM |#56  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,472

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTrap

Hi! I'm in a particular situation: I've an HTC Mazaa and so I've R/W access to the ~7GB internal memory, however the filesystem is quite a mess, there are some FAT16 partitions, but the interesting one is in TexFAT (not exFAT) for which I think exists only an implementation for x86 in Platform Builder and using it is not easy, however I'm able to find most of the files I'm interested in and modify them with an hex editor.

I already have a 3 side-load apps developer unlock obtained in a legitimate way. I've tried to gain the Interop unlock manually editing (with an hex editor) the registry value MaxUnsignedApps to 0x7FFFFFFF but something is wrong: either Zune resets it as soon as I connect or the registry is not in plain text and what I'm modifying is something unrelated. The DeveloperUnlockState seems to be set 1, but I don't have the PortalUrlProd and PortalUrlInt keys, and adding a key with an hex editor is not as easy as modifying a DWORD value.

I've also tried to install WP7 Root Tools commenting the request for the Interop capability from the XAP, and then, once installed, manually remove the comment from the manifest in the hope to make it work, but it still says that I'm using an incompatible device.

So I thought: I could try to directly patch the binaries WP7 Root Tools would try to patch and directly gain the definitive unlock.
Is there a list of patches to apply, to which binaries and so on? That would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Hi,

How do you have access to the file-system? Do you have direct NAND access?

Editing registry files with a hex editor is generally not a good idea. You better edit them with an offline Registry Editor like CeRegEditor: http://www.mydigitallife.info/cerege...et-pc-devices/

You need to edit the portal url's too, or else the other unlock settings are being reset whenever Zune syncs. But witb CeRegEditor, that should work.

Editing the manifest after install of an app doesn't work, because the manifest is only parsed when the app is installed. After that those settings are stored in local databases.

WP7 Root Tools cannot be patched to make it work on other devices, or else I would have done that already. It needs advanced device soecific exploits.

Once you have interop unlock, your device will probably still be incompatible for Policy Unlock. Because there is no generic way for Policy Unlock and WP7 Root Tools uses device-specific vulnerabilities. If you can send me Policydb.vol and Accountdb.vol from your device, I might be able to do a manual Policy Unlock for you. You need to be able to copy back the modified files. So this will only work if you indeed have full NAND access.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2013, 02:51 AM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Full registry support
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaimatejam

Give an example

See this post. I am finishing now native library for FULL registry support (include multistring, binary values, export to file, import from file, removing by file etc.).
Binary values management is easy in registry, it is native registry items format. All others are only converted binaries.
Managed==>Native binary values handling:
Managed string ==> COM ==> Native BSTR ==> Remove L"/\n" ==> Trim( ) ==> Split by L"," ==> Cyclic atoi( ) to BYTE[ ] array ==> RegSetValueEx.
I can send you temporary source codes include testing applications (managed for WP7/8 devices, native for WM6 emulator and easy debugging). M.
The Following User Says Thank You to Martin7Pro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Martin7Pro Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 01:03 AM |#58  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,472

Donate to Me
More
Talking WP7 Root Tools 1.0 Released!
Hello hackers! Let me start with wishing everybody a peaceful and healthy New Year! It's a bit late, but I didn't have a chance to do it earlier. I started the new year with my new job. Very impressive and a lot of things to learn. It's a totally new challenge and I'm excited to work for my new employer. It's not anything related to mobile development, in case you wonder.

For this new year I created a new version of WP7 Root Tools too. I've done a lot of testing and I got a lot of help from other people. It seems WP7 Root Tools is very stable now and I fixed the last known problems. I also fixed the problem with Samsung devices that showed error RA-ARA-01 in the installer. I thought I fixed it in the previous version, but still a lot of users complained they had this problem. I didn't have the problem on my own Samsung. So I got some help from Dennis Wilson. He did have a Samsung device that which had issues with the WP7 Root Tools root-access-installer. We used USB over Network from FabulaTech. An excellent piece of software. We set up a transatlantic remote-debugging-session. And I debugged WP7 Root Tools from my home in The Netherlands on his Samsung device in Phoenix - Arizona, about 8000 km away. How cool is that!?

I also did some User Interface improvements, as you can see in the screenshot.

I'm still working on other developments. But since this version is really stable now, and I fixed the Samsung installer-issue, I wanted to release this. But I plan to release more new features soon.

Download WP7 Root Tools 1.0 here: www.wp7roottools.com/

Happy hacking in 2013!

- Heathcliff74 -
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2013, 02:40 AM |#59  
Flag 北京
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Hello hackers! Let me start with wishing everybody a peaceful and healthy New Year! It's a bit late, but I didn't have a chance to do it earlier. I started the new year with my new job. Very impressive and a lot of things to learn. It's a totally new challenge and I'm excited to work for my new employer. It's not anything related to mobile development, in case you wonder.

For this new year I created a new version of WP7 Root Tools too. I've done a lot of testing and I got a lot of help from other people. It seems WP7 Root Tools is very stable now and I fixed the last known problems. I also fixed the problem with Samsung devices that showed error RA-ARA-01 in the installer. I thought I fixed it in the previous version, but still a lot of users complained they had this problem. I didn't have the problem on my own Samsung. So I got some help from Dennis Wilson. He did have a Samsung device that which had issues with the WP7 Root Tools root-access-installer. We used USB over Network from FabulaTech. An excellent piece of software. We set up a transatlantic remote-debugging-session. And I debugged WP7 Root Tools from my home in The Netherlands on his Samsung device in Phoenix - Arizona, about 8000 km away. How cool is that!?

I also did some User Interface improvements, as you can see in the screenshot.

I'm still working on other developments. But since this version is really stable now, and I fixed the Samsung installer-issue, I wanted to release this. But I plan to release more new features soon.

Download WP7 Root Tools 1.0 here: www.wp7roottools.com/

Happy hacking in 2013!

- Heathcliff74 -

It's great!Thank you my friend!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heishanxiaoyao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heishanxiaoyao Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 06:27 AM |#60  
Minsk
Thanks Meter: 833

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Hello hackers! Let me start with wishing everybody a peaceful and healthy New Year! ....
For this new year I created a new version of WP7 Root Tools too.....

Fantastic work buddy! Especially considering the fact that you have been very busy last weeks! Proud to be your friend!
Happy New Year and thanx!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AndrewSh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndrewSh Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 10:47 AM |#61  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,282

Donate to Me
More
Nice work good old dutchie
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceesheim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ceesheim Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wp7 root tools

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)