Thanks Meter: 180

By jeff_kz, Member on 10th December 2012, 04:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2013, 01:29 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwl99

I have a Nook Simple Touch 1.2 with NookManager installed. I have never got on well with ADB and have always ended up installing huge programs (ADB + SDK) on my PC that never seem to connect to whichever Android device I am trying to modify. I was hoping to be able to use SnapPea to handle installations but it reports that the Nook does not have debugging mode enabled. Is there a way to do this?

Would it work if I added any apk's I wanted installed to \files\data\app\ in the NookManager image then flashed it?

Also, the version of Amazon Appstore installed gives an error message saying that it is not available in my region (UK) but it runs perfectly well on my other devices. Is it the US version that is installed with NookManager?

Thanks

I have this same problem with the amazon appstore. Would also appreciate a response. I'm considering flashing back to 1.1 and re-rooting to get market working.

Have you tried wireless adb? that works for me.

7th January 2013, 04:56 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
NTGAppsAttack - Google Apps Installer for NookManager
I just posted an addon for NookManager to install Google Apps. The thread is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2086582 Hope you find it helpful.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to straygecko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift straygecko Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 08:51 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
The only thing I miss besides gapps (it looks like we have a solution now) are the norefresh and multitouch from the older rooters. These are nice for pdf reading. Is there any alternative for smooth pdf reading or might these mods be upgraded?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
7th January 2013, 10:11 AM |#114  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apap

The only thing I miss besides gapps (it looks like we have a solution now) are the norefresh and multitouch from the older rooters. These are nice for pdf reading. Is there any alternative for smooth pdf reading or might these mods be upgraded?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Norefresh, FastMode and Multitouch works fine after you upload 'v166' kernel via CWR.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1906507
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osowiecki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift osowiecki Ad-Free
21st January 2013, 05:13 AM |#115  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Aldiko working?
Is anyone able to get Aldiko working after rooting with NookManager?
21st January 2013, 02:46 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael833

Is anyone able to get Aldiko working after rooting with NookManager?

Please don't post on multiple threads without giving people a chance to reply first. Install this older version of Aldiko - it works great for me.
23rd January 2013, 02:27 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki

Norefresh, FastMode and Multitouch works fine after you upload 'v166' kernel via CWR.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1906507

I haven't yet uploaded 'v166' but was wondering (a) why v 166 and not v 174 (the latest) and (b) v 166 does not have a CWR install zip while v 174 does?

Thanks
24th January 2013, 08:05 PM |#118  
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apap

I haven't yet uploaded 'v166' but was wondering (a) why v 166 and not v 174 (the latest) and (b) v 166 does not have a CWR install zip while v 174 does?

Thanks

On v166 you can use both NoRefresh and FastMode.
I don't know whether or not 'NoRefresh' finally got fixed to work with later kernels.
The Following User Says Thank You to osowiecki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift osowiecki Ad-Free
25th January 2013, 11:01 AM |#119  
Flag Warszaw
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Odp: [Root] NookManager - graphical rooter for 1.2.x and beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki

On v166 you can use both NoRefresh and FastMode.
I don't know whether or not 'NoRefresh' finally got fixed to work with later kernels.
Ask 'Renate NST'.

But not on 1.2?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I5700 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
25th January 2013, 07:09 PM |#120  
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi.nos

But not on 1.2?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I5700 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

I currently use FW 1.2.1 and "NoRefreshToggle-debug2.apk" (for FW 1.2.x) works only with v166.
I'll check it again in about an hour and if I'm wrong I'll edit my statement.
27th January 2013, 03:59 PM |#121  
Flag Varna
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Any idea how to use another keyboard? Installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...keyboard&hl=bg but without any success, because i dont have Settings/Locale & text
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)