Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2012, 01:40 PM |#141  
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,772

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjofvizag

I recently flashed cyanogenmod 10 onto my captivate KK4 Corn Kernel. Am not able to open my Messaging since then. I had backed up my messages and contacts with titanium backup and after flashing the ROM i restored them.
Any update on this issue? Is this problem with Cyanogenmod 10 or with its prior versions?

What is your--
Phone model: Samsung Captivate
Radio (baseband): I9000UGKG3
CM version: 10.0.0 captivatemtd
CM Download url: cyanogenmod.com
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe: Yes
restore with titanium backup: Yes
reboot after having the issue: Yes

Are you using--
a task killer: No, Messaging just gets closed every time i try to send SMS
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): None
other modifications: None

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

Is that possible? If so should i flash the stock first and then go to 7 or can i directly flash 7 from clockworkmode recovery with an update.zip in sd card?

The restore is your problem. Delete your current messaging app with Tibu and flash the Gapps from the CM10 thread. (or you could get a 3rd party app like handcent)

PS.: Great post, lots of info! Wish every user would do the same when they need help
The Following User Says Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BWolf56 Ad-Free

25th December 2012, 02:05 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This topic very helpfull. Thanks a lot
27th December 2012, 03:07 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Unique problem, help would be appreciated.
Hello Everyone, I just received a Captivate to mess around with, because my friend just went to an iPhone (I know I know).

I'm not new to flashing, I use a Moto Atrix 2 CM10 for my daily driver atm, but wanted to get CM10 on this Cap for 2 reasons:

1.. he ran Froyo the past 2 years, driving me insane, and I want to see how JB could enhance this phone.
2.. CM10 has an option for Volume rocker waking, the power button on this bad boy is broke. I opened the phone up, tried it manually, and it's an electrical hardware problem, which is beyond me.

So the main problem: Flashing via Recovery. Since the power button is kaput, I can't make any selections in Recovery... or can I?

I'm currently using Kies Mini to get firmware up to 2.3, and the plan is to get to 4.0.4, then CM10/4.1 or 4.2

I have Odin, so would I be able to flash through that? (The only problem here, is getting into download mode, which I understand I can do with ADB, but I've been searching for links to download the drivers for a while... zilch,)

Sorry if this is such a noob question. the Moto A2 is a locked bootloader so developers are very specific on how we move with our Roms. This phone isn't but I still am unsure.

Any roms that I would be able to flash through Odin(if not all) or Kies Mini, and any Roms that have the option to wake via volume rocker is definitely appreciated. Thank you all!
6th January 2013, 09:23 AM |#144  

More
Helly Bean 1-05-2013
Hey guys, thank you for your help in advance.
I just flashed to Helly Bean 1-05-2013, I followed these instructions:

Originally Posted by Mich2027 View Post
I installed as described here:
coming from any other rom:
- make sure to have gingerbread bootloaders
- flash allinone.zip
- reboot recovery
- flash allinone.zip again
- flash gapps

and my sd card storage has switched with internal storage when I did "Format SD Card", so it formatted my internal instead.
I know this was an issue in the previous Helly Bean builds, but I am not sure if there was a fix found. Is there a way to fix this?
I flashed from older serendipity build. very new to this =[

Samsung Captivate sgh-i897
Kernel 3.0.57
Hellybean 20130105
7th January 2013, 05:03 PM |#145  
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,772

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfear13

Hey guys, thank you for your help in advance.
I just flashed to Helly Bean 1-05-2013, I followed these instructions:

Originally Posted by Mich2027 View Post
I installed as described here:
coming from any other rom:
- make sure to have gingerbread bootloaders
- flash allinone.zip
- reboot recovery
- flash allinone.zip again
- flash gapps

and my sd card storage has switched with internal storage when I did "Format SD Card", so it formatted my internal instead.
I know this was an issue in the previous Helly Bean builds, but I am not sure if there was a fix found. Is there a way to fix this?
I flashed from older serendipity build. very new to this =[

Samsung Captivate sgh-i897
Kernel 3.0.57
Hellybean 20130105

Flash Odin KK4 (without bootloaders), then Corn kernel with Odin 1.85 and finally, you can get back on the ROM you wanna use.

I don't think there's a way to recover what was on your SD after it's been formated though.
The Following User Says Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BWolf56 Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 04:06 AM |#146  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWolf56

Flash Odin KK4 (without bootloaders), then Corn kernel with Odin 1.85 and finally, you can get back on the ROM you wanna use.

I don't think there's a way to recover what was on your SD after it's been formated though.

Thank you for you help BWolf!!!
12th February 2013, 03:49 AM |#147  

More
Finally got done researching/reading. To say that the Android community is "active" is an incredible understatement.

I picked up a dirt cheap Cappy to use as a seconary phone, and most imporatantly to play FLAC (over BT). Going to use PowerAmp

Just wanted to get some verification before flashing to CM 10.1

1. Upgrading/flashing the Kernel is NOT necessary (no need to OC or prolong battery life for my use)
2. Heimdall One-Click will have all I need to flash ROM to 10.1 (it has all the dependencies required to flash to custom ROMs)
3. 10.1M is as good as stable currently

I've read the numerous guides available for flashing, but this one seemed to be the easiest/safest method.

【Guide】How To flash ANY Captivate ROM from Stock (including ICS)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1350266

Are my assumptions correct? Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks!
17th May 2013, 06:16 AM |#148  

More
The terms and acronyms link seems to be broken.

XDA and Android Terms and Acronyms Thanks to jmtheiss for creating this. Basic guide to XDA and your Captivate
17th May 2013, 02:58 PM |#149  

More
Seems the acronym post moved. I found it here.
20th May 2013, 01:25 AM |#150  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Thank you for the help
20th September 2013, 02:39 PM |#151  
Smile Nice and thanks
When I Bought My Cappy There Was A Battery Problem In It Than I Simply Went To The Market And Asked For A Battery For Galaxy S, The Shop Keeper Said That He Is Not Having Battery For Captivate So He Gave Me The Battery For i9000 And Till Now After 4 Months Not Facing Any Battery Problem Of Random ShutDown..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)