By TrevE, Retired Recognized Developer on 2nd January 2013, 06:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2013, 11:03 PM |#31  
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-y-no

I tried installing this on Clean Rom Lite Edition 4.5, which I hoped would work because it's basically a stripped-down stock touchwiz. But no go - I continuously get "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped."

I did wipe cache & dalvik cache and ran fix permissions after installing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevE

If you want to use this prebuilt into a rom - starting tonight (01Jan13 r147) Synergy builds will have this framework already ported in. You will just need to load on an APK to start blocking perms. Other rom devs I have included just the framework in post 2 - just make sure to give credit back to me/this thread- this took awhile to port over

As OP stated, rom devs need to include the framework in order to utilize pdroid. I don't think Clean Rom Lite supports it yet.

8th January 2013, 06:34 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I tried install this via recovery on a wanamlite ROM in a international version.

Installation went fine. Boot was fine.
But when I installed the apk it just says it can't find the framework.
Phone is working with no FCS at all...but no trace of pdroid installed at all.

Any suggestion?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2
8th January 2013, 01:29 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDonDESIGN

As OP stated, rom devs need to include the framework in order to utilize pdroid. I don't think Clean Rom Lite supports it yet.

OK, perhaps I misunderstood. I flashed the first download - "PDroid 2.0 Framework + Application Zip (Its flashable, but untested. Really meant for rom devs)." My impression was that this contains the framework changes needed to make stock touchwiz jellybean work with pdroid. CleanRom is just a stripped-down stock so I thought it might work (and yes I saw the "untested" there so I'm not overly shocked or disappointed.)

I'll give it a shot again tonight and see if I can capture anything useful in logcat.
8th January 2013, 03:34 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I was understanding the same....

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2
9th January 2013, 12:37 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 466

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brashmadcap

Also looking to move this to the Note II
Did you decompile in Linux or Cygwin? Like $java -jar whatever?

It kept giving me a manifest error. Do you remember the command you used? Mine is somewhere in my bash history but I'm at work and not in front of the machine I attempted it on. I'd like to get in on this and help out. Also check out windiff if you'd like to diff the files more easily.

I used cygwin and the Note II tools. no problems decompiling or recompiling. Just getting the app to respond.
9th January 2013, 01:01 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Thank you TrevE. You are a very valuable dev, as you do your best to keep us protected from security flaws, and I really appreciate what you do for your team and us end users. There are very few who fill the niche/void that you do. I can tell you love what you do, in the android community, I really appreciate it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milly7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Milly7 Ad-Free
9th January 2013, 06:48 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulusv7

I used cygwin and the Note II tools. no problems decompiling or recompiling. Just getting the app to respond.

Several of us over in the Tmobile Note 2 forums are keenly watching your efforts!

Good luck and please keep us up on your progress.
10th January 2013, 04:22 PM |#38  
barcelona
Thanks Meter: 6

More
thanks to all of you that you're trying to make it run on note 2, I also look forward to use PDroid with note2! keep us informed about that please
11th January 2013, 04:28 AM |#39  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly7

Thank you TrevE. You are a very valuable dev, as you do your best to keep us protected from security flaws, and I really appreciate what you do for your team and us end users. There are very few who fill the niche/void that you do. I can tell you love what you do, in the android community, I really appreciate it.

ditto
The Following User Says Thank You to brashmadcap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brashmadcap Ad-Free
11th January 2013, 07:29 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 220

More
Still having the issue with PDroid and Facebook on Synergy r169. I did a clean install of Synergy, did a clean install of Facebook, and am using PDroid_TrevEMod-122013. Whenever I change the GPS setting for FB, FB crashes. I have to purge the PDroid settings to get FB working again (even changing the setting back to the green check mark doesn't fix it).

Any ideas on how to fix it or what logs are needed to see what is happening?
11th January 2013, 09:23 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordcrk

thanks to all of you that you're trying to make it run on note 2, I also look forward to use PDroid with note2! keep us informed about that please

I am also REALLY looking forward to seeing this on the Verizon Note 2

D
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pdroid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)