Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2013, 01:26 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben83s

For those having issues with the 1gb versions only using 512MB
I found some advice on a german web sight that seams to work.
I used the 4.1.2 files in the torrent linked on youtube and followed this advice
and the "2.5 GB DATA PERMANENT ROOT + FULLY WORKING RECOVERY" from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=1gb

Now i got 4.1.2 and 1gb ram. The GPS is still poo but I'm working on that

A google translate of the german is:

Code:
For anyone having issues with having only 512MB after flashing JB, this is what I did: 
first Copy all the files except boot.img from / 2.5GB-data-perm-root folder into / b92m411/FILE NECCESSARI folder. 
second Delete preloader_vanzo77_twn_jb.bin inside / b92m411/FILE NECCESSARI folder. 
third Flash using flashtool untill the green mark appears. 
4th Unplug your phone then boot into recovery (volume up + power). 
5th Thurs factory reset, then reboot system Voila! Now you have 1GB of RAM. If you want 2.5GB internal memory (not phone memory), flash and preloader.img EBR1 only inside / 2.5GB-data-perm-root folder by Flashtool. Then boot into recovery, go to mount and storage, format / data. Reboot your phone.

Thank you for that tip, although it looks like you have to copy the files from the 2.5G dowload and rename them, correct?
The Following User Says Thank You to xuan69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xuan69 Ad-Free

12th January 2013, 01:55 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuan69

Thank you for that tip, although it looks like you have to copy the files from the 2.5G dowload and rename them, correct?

After the JB update, The touch screen response become laggy, especially in draw something.
dose anyone also have that problem?
12th January 2013, 10:33 PM |#13  
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Dude, can you please make a video how to install external antenna on the device? I'm sick and tired of this GPS issue.

Thanks in advance.
13th January 2013, 03:05 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben83s

For those having issues with the 1gb versions only using 512MB
I found some advice on a german web sight that seams to work.
I used the 4.1.2 files in the torrent linked on youtube and followed this advice
and the "2.5 GB DATA PERMANENT ROOT + FULLY WORKING RECOVERY" from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=1gb

Now i got 4.1.2 and 1gb ram. The GPS is still poo but I'm working on that

A google translate of the german is:

Code:
For anyone having issues with having only 512MB after flashing JB, this is what I did: 
first Copy all the files except boot.img from / 2.5GB-data-perm-root folder into / b92m411/FILE NECCESSARI folder. 
second Delete preloader_vanzo77_twn_jb.bin inside / b92m411/FILE NECCESSARI folder. 
third Flash using flashtool untill the green mark appears. 
4th Unplug your phone then boot into recovery (volume up + power). 
5th Thurs factory reset, then reboot system Voila! Now you have 1GB of RAM. If you want 2.5GB internal memory (not phone memory), flash and preloader.img EBR1 only inside / 2.5GB-data-perm-root folder by Flashtool. Then boot into recovery, go to mount and storage, format / data. Reboot your phone.

Thank you, Ben.
Regarding the GPS, this morning , just for curiosity, I went in my car and placed my phone on the dash board. After a couple minutes I received the GPS signal and lock.
Never before!!!. I have to say that I have In Car NavigationSystem and the aerial is under the dash board. As I walked away from the car, the accuracy was increasing(in distance).
What all this means? Is the aerial problem with the phone?
P.S. The GPS on my original HTC One XL is much faster to lock and the accuracy is about 3 Meters as the picture shows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9234.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	1640179  
14th January 2013, 01:52 AM |#15  

More
Hi, I was thinking the the socket to the left of the SD Card is for an external antenna. Was wondering if adding one would boost gps signal and or wifi?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358128209336.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1642952  
14th January 2013, 01:11 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip74

Hi, I was thinking the the socket to the left of the SD Card is for an external antenna. Was wondering if adding one would boost gps signal and or wifi?

I would Imagine that this socket is for an external gsm antenna
14th January 2013, 02:09 PM |#17  

More
There's no access to it with the cover on
15th January 2013, 10:25 AM |#18  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 34

More
After JB update ....ON power off or restart ... again i swich on the phone it shows android logo for a seconds and doesnt turn's on....WHY???
15th January 2013, 02:30 PM |#19  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckethan

After JB update ....ON power off or restart ... again i swich on the phone it shows android logo for a seconds and doesnt turn's on....WHY???

I had that problem first time i did the flash, then I re flashed it and it booted fine.
15th January 2013, 02:41 PM |#20  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ril z

Dude, can you please make a video how to install external antenna on the device? I'm sick and tired of this GPS issue.

Thanks in advance.

Heres what i found its a long thread and a few pictures given hope to a possible mod.

http://goo.gl/au6IY
15th January 2013, 09:07 PM |#21  
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuan69

Heres what i found its a long thread and a few pictures given hope to a possible mod.

http://goo.gl/au6IY

Yeah, I already saw that before posting here. However, I don't understand french even with Google Translate. That's why I hope somebody makes the english tutoial or video. That way I know exactly what I'm doing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)