temporary LG L9 (P760 and P769) rooting/Q&A/accessories thread

Search This thread

sguerrini97

Sep 11, 2011

zenshir@

Jan 10, 2013
I wonder if anyone has successfully rooted their L9 (P768E) by "downgrading" to V10B instead of V10C? :confused:

Cause i am having issues with B2CAppSetup.exe installation. It seems to be impossible to install in XP(SP3). It just hang in the installation process... (By the way i tried different versions of B2CAppSetup.exe and it just hang when i tried to install.)

So i guess downgrading is not going to be an option for me. Just pray hard that some expert out there would be able to come out with a root process that is suitable for all LG L9 versions with latest firmware without having the need to downgrade. :fingers-crossed:

zenshir@

Jan 10, 2013
Hey Guys,
Planning To Buy This Device For Development,So What According to you are the pros and cons of this Device.
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

It is a decent mid range phone with reasonably powerful hardware, nice looks, excellent custom user interface and also a decent battery life (Li-Ion 2150 mAh battery). The cons i have is its limited storage space. Also this model comes in 4 different versions (P760 / P765 / P768E / P769) rooting maybe an issue for some models. :rolleyes:

Gsmarena.com and Phonearena.com does have a more detail review about this phone if you're interested to read more about it.

kevev

May 22, 2006
Hey Guys,
Planning To Buy This Device For Development,So What According to you are the pros and cons of this Device.
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

Pros:
1.) Cheap price for the good hardware.
2.) Light.
3.) Awesome battery life.
4.) Great call quality.
5.) Decent camera.
6.) Rootable. :D

Cons:
1.) Digitizer driver sucks. Does not always register touches on the first tap. This is mainly on P769/P765 & maybe P760. Nook Screen Recalibrate app helps a little. Also SGS Touchscreen Booster may help too.
2.) System runs a little slow. Probably code has not been optimized at compile time.
3.) P769 Lots of software bugs. Occasional Force Closes. Send/Receive SMS/MMS with Wifi Calling enabled and after disabling it and going back to Cellular. Reboot or toggle airplane mode is required to fix this.
4.) Not very overclockable. Still waiting on new CPU stepping modules to allow for 5 speed steppings and higher voltage. This should bring the stepping closser together and allow stability. iodak is the developer: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1961989
5.) Gorailla Glass 2 sucks. Not as scratch resistant as GG1. This is why Corning is releasing GG3 this year. They are fixing the goof.

A CM rom would be awesome on this device. :)

Reactions: bramprasetyo

AmmarGitham

Dec 30, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey Guys,
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

Please. If you do have Dev experience buy this phone. It's a very decent device for it's price. The guys above me has mentioned the basics. I have no idea regarding dev'ing. Once there's a CM ROM for this phone, I could try various themes of mine on this. Really waiting for a separate sub-forum for this device.

nevp

Nov 20, 2012
Hey Guys,
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

BUY! Without hesitation !!!

Is fully unbrickable :)
Hold VOL UP and plug the USB. S/W Upgrade mode is on and go again You can install firmware and tested mods :)

Last edited:

spidr

Aug 20, 2007
München
Hey Guys,
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

Pros
1)best mid price phone
2)good performance, decent dual core cpu with 1gb of ram
3)big screen
4)big battery
5)nice design and build

cons
1) small internall storage, 4gb only
2) many versions, i guess the base version is the 4.7 inch P760 but there is also the P769 with 4.5 inch display. other versions such us P768 and P765 i think are same with P760 (correct me if im wrong)
3) no gorila glass for the P760

acervenky

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 25, 2012
Mumbai
POCO M2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I never Buy A Device If There Are Very Less Users.
But Here Users Are Very Active :D
Yup,I have knowledge required to build/port roms,though I work slow,but I work efficiently ;)
It would Be Nice To See A Separate Sub-Forum For This Device :victory:
So Far Everything Is Positive about this device.
So Far I Have Contributed For Xperia P|U|Sola|Go|Tipo And MMX Canvas 2:cowboy:
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

alienngp

Oct 11, 2011
Laurel, MS
You can raplace sd_card with extrenal_sd

http://forum.android.com.pl/f709/zamiana-sdcard-external_sd-244665/

Maybe somebody will want to translate into English
Remember that you do so at your own risk I am not responsible for any damages!

Be sure we can take a copy of everything on the memory card and the phone

This tut is for people who have problems with the application Directory Bind and for cardholders with large capacity.
End of downloading the kompa and inserting the card.

Well, I was able to replace the card in places as a result, we have all our card on the applications.

Get to the point.

Requirements:
First Root
Second Root explorer / total comannder / es file explorer
3rd Smanager
4th ] "My" little script

execution

First File manager copy the entire contents of the sd card in addition to the folder external_sd folder external_sd. Replace files if that's what it zapyta.Może take a moment depending on how many files it contains. We go to the / sdcard / external_sd and create a folder external_sd

Second Annex throw the script to the phone. Move it to a folder / data and chmod Let us give him the 777th In es file manager do it by holding longer toe on a file, select Properties, and click the Change and zaptaszkowaniu all fields.

3rd Launch Smanager. If the first time you turn on the program pops up a window where select Browse as ROOT.
We are looking for thrown script (/ data/esxsd2sd) and click on it. Select / click and SU and BOOT SCRIPT IS and end of the course Save. Exit the application.

4th reboot

If everything went correctly, the phone starts can refer to the Settings> Memory and see if there is some

If something went wrong it WIPE Make phone. On the phone turned off, press VOL down home power. This will erase all data from your phone.

Always test ................

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

thats the translation for the website its polish

kevev

May 22, 2006
Yup,I have knowledge required to build/port roms,though I work slow,but I work efficiently ;)
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

Your work is welcome here friend. :D

Last edited:

artas182x

Jan 18, 2011
Gdańsk
Here is 1.0.1.0 version of my recovery installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?4vrcnscc6uvtfjc
Instructions :)
1. Install
2. Run
3. Click Install/Update Recovery
4. Select CWM (Install this!)

To boot: Press vol down at boot when buttons flash, not light.
Now, Recovery installer is easier than rooting script :)
This version should't have bug ex. security error at boot. This installer should work on already installed previous version of recovery. Now I will be working on fixing some bugs of recovery ex. Unable to mount internal sdcard in recovery.
Please test and commnet here!

You can't load custom boot.img through this recovery beacuse bootloader is still locked. Copy your boot.tar (if you have) in /system/bootstrap for now if you want to load custom boot.img.

Last edited:

spidr

Aug 20, 2007
München
Here is 1.0.1.0 version of my recovery installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?4vrcnscc6uvtfjc
1. Install
2. Run

You can't load custom boot.img through this recovery beacuse bootloader is still locked. Copy your boot.tar (if you have) in /system/bootstrap for now if you want to load custom boot.img.

Good job, a question from a newbie, with this recovery is it possible from now to start porting cyanogenmod and other custom roms ; is it possible to use it for backing up the whole system and restore it ;

sguerrini97

Sep 11, 2011
1. Install
2. Run

This version should't have bug ex. security error at boot. This installer should work on already installed previous version of recovery. Now I will be working on fixing some bugs of recovery ex. Unable to mount internal sdcard in recovery.

Thank you for your work, but this still doesn't work on my phone (P760) :(
If I press "reboot recovery" the phone reboots in Android, and holding volume down key while booting take me in "safe mode".. Is there any other way to launch the 2nd-init? Thank you again.

Last edited:

artas182x

Jan 18, 2011
Gdańsk
Yes you can backup system and restore, we can port cm but is very hard. We can load custom ramdisk (boot.tar) through /system/bootstrap/boot.tar. I suggest we should build from source or port from similar device LG Prada 3.0 (only this version of cm9: http://goo.im/devs/milaq/p940/cm9/cm-9-20121126-NIGHTLY-p940.zip beacuse it uses bootstrap to boot, the same in our l9). I won't work on CM9 now, beacuse I have to finish CWM Recovery and other my projects.
EDIT.
Do buttons flash while booting? For me it works on clean, rooted 10a. I can record a video how i boot to recovery.
Did you do this:
1. When LG Logo appears and soft buttons flash you pressed vol down, don't press vol down when buttons light only when buttons flash?

Last edited:

kevev

May 22, 2006
1. Install
2. Run

Much appreciated. We need a way to easily backup and restore stock image on P769BK before I try this. Thank You. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the second edit. Thanks to zanakorus33 for providing the tip for modification of the file. Since .bat is not allowed to attach, I put it up as text file.
    The following method is applied to both international version (P760) and T-Mobile US version (P769).

Prerequisite:
    • You must install LG United Driver (simply change the phone USB mode to LG mode and install PC Suite).
    • You must enable USB debug mode (in developers option) and "unknown sources" (in security option).
      [*]You MUST disable Lookout Security (menu->applications->downloaded) and clear its data.
    • Download and unpack Root and Restore.
      http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Are you ready? Here it goes:
    • Hook up your phone and choose USB LG mode.
    • Run Root and Restore->Runme.bat.
    • (7th edit:) Download attached modified RunMe_L9.txt, rename the extension to .bat, put the file to where the original "RunMe.bat" is, and run it as "administrator" (right click the .bat file, and run as Administrator).
    • You will be prompted to restore data. Look at the phone screen and choose "restore my data" when prompted. Press a key when restoration has finished.
    • The phone will reboot. Check the terminal window and check for "(are you rooted?)" error. If there's no error, check the phone to see "Android is updating". If so, the phone should be rooted.
    • Download and install busybox and SuperSU.
    • Done.
    Happy Rooting! :victory:

First edit: uploaded modified script file (added pause command on running restore part. Press any button after the restore has finished on the phone). Change extension from .txt to .bat (you can review the whole script before renaming to examine). Put the modified file to where RunMe.bat is and run it.
    Please give me feedback of this script file.

Thanks zanakorus33 for giving tips for modification

Fourth edit:
    After rooting, install Voodoo Root Keeper so you can preserve root after update.

sixth edit:
    Alrighty. I went ahead thanks to your vote of confidence. It all worked out ok for me.

Can we add to the instructions:
    1. Run the batch file as Administrator
    2. When it asks for Encryption key, just press Restore.
    3. This will work on 10E update.
    SUBFORUM for LG.

Originally Posted by sv________
    Can you do me a favor and send me all relevant threads for L9 and I'll make the new forum? We hate have stuff scattered about and would much rather give the L9 a home here!
    Above quote is from my PM.

Trust me all. After the instructions of O2X Developers due to my continuous follow up, I literally found an Admin who can make SUBFORUM for LG L9 (p760, p765, p768, p769, etc) and requested him to make one as soon as possible. He replied (wow, finally) and asked me the list of links of all L9 developement related threads and posts which are scattered at various place. I quickly made a small list and sent him. Lets hope he will create one soon. Thanks in advance to Admin.

Pray and wish us all GOODLUCK. :)
    Basic overclock instructcions

Any chance someone can post a step by step how to for dummies (noobs) to overclock the P769? Please please please!

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

1.) Root your device.

2.) Download to your device "overclock.zip" from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1961989

3.) Install "AndroZip File Manager" from the Play store.

4.) Run AndroZip and browse to overclock.zip. (Probably /mnt/sdcard/Download .)

5.) tap on the file "overclock.zip" and select "Extract file here".
    (A new directory named "overclock" is created)

6.) Install "ES File Explorer File Manager" from the Play store.

7.) Run ES File Explorer and press your "menu" button then select "settings".

8.) Change these settings:

Home Directory = /

Root settings --> Check all boxes

9.) Press the "back" button until the app exits.

10.) Run ES File Explorer again.
    (Now your root partition "/" should be mounted with read/write permissions.

11.) Browse to the overclock directory. (Probably /mnt/sdcard/Download/overclock/ .)

12.) Long press on the cpu_control.ko file and a menu should open. Select "copy".

13.) Browse to the /system/lib/modules/ directory .

14.) Press "menu" button and select "Operations" then select "Paste" .

15.) Long press on the cpu_control.ko file and a menu should open. Select "Properties".

16.) Press "Change" and check the boxes like this:

User: read write
    Group: read
    Other: read

17.) Perform steps 12-17 on the symsearch.ko file which is also in the overclock directory.

18.) Install "Rom Toolbox Lite" from the Play store.

19.) Run ROM Toolbox Lite and select "Scripter".

20.) Press the "+" symbol in the top right corner and select "Create" to add the overclock script.

21.) Name it "overclock" or whaterver you wish.

22.) In the "Commands:" field enter this:

insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/cpu_control.ko

echo 0 300 980 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 1 600 1200 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 2 800 1300 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 3 1200 1370 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

23.) Your phone will overclock to 1.2Ghz.
    If you wish to overclock higer you can try changing 1200 in the last line to 1300 for 1.3Ghz.

24.) Press the floppy disk in the top right corner to save the script.

25.) Press the overclock script and a menu will open. Select "Run Script".

If everything worked you should see an "exit valut:0" message.
    If you run the script again you will see the same value but with a warning message.
    This is normal since the modules are already loaded.

26.) You can load a cpu monitoring app to see if the overclocking works or just create another script that displays cpu clock info.
    Here is the command for that script:

cat /proc/cpu_control/opp_table_current

27.) After making sure your device is stable you can have the overclock script run automatically at boot.

Press the "overclock" script and a menu will open.
    Press "Set at boot"
    Reboot the device and you will see a notification that the script ran in the notification area of the device at top.

All credits go to iodak and the thread created here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1961989
    Regards,
    acervenky,
    XPT
    I posted recovery.img and boot.img and their content in the official page Facebook of ClockworkMod ;) hope they see it and do something :laugh: