FORUMS

[ROM][NAND|EXT3] Code Butter <"Cross Platformed!"> (RC3/Build 20130414)

729 posts
Thanks Meter: 279

By BrianXP7, Senior Member on 28th October 2012, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2013, 09:53 PM |#161  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannyman

Sorry for double-posting and for keeping asking noob questions...

Anyway, I flashed only the nightly build and the google apps package. I'm missing this cool apps I was supposed to have:

-ROM Manager
-GooManager
-Solid Explorer
-QuickPic
-RealCalc
-OI Flashlight
-OI Color Picker
-Terminal Emulator

Where are they? should I had flashed the regular build first and then the other one on top of it?

We're currently working on solving the suspend/wake bug. (Disabling CRT animations, finding workarounds, etc.) As for those apps you wanted they're flashed into /data/app, meaning they can be uninstalled. But there are side effects if you perform a dirty flash, try wiping everything except you're SD card. (/system, /data, /cache, and /boot.)
6th January 2013, 03:18 AM |#162  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm thinking on removing the Holo stuff and keep it clean. Should I do it? It would save some space on your phone.
6th January 2013, 05:59 AM |#163  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Speed and battery life are a priority for me, not eye candy.
The Following User Says Thank You to wallaceff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wallaceff Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 10:00 AM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
battery life and performance, please. i've ordered a new akku with 1700mAh cause the old original hold only 15 minutes :P

solid explorer can be changed to a really free explorer.

enough space is aviable and everyone can move apps to sdcard.
7th January 2013, 11:26 AM |#165  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I agree. Performance and battery life are more important.
7th January 2013, 03:21 PM |#166  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7

We're currently working on solving the suspend/wake bug. (Disabling CRT animations, finding workarounds, etc.) As for those apps you wanted they're flashed into /data/app, meaning they can be uninstalled. But there are side effects if you perform a dirty flash, try wiping everything except you're SD card. (/system, /data, /cache, and /boot.)

Weird, when I flashed it, they weren't installed. It's as bare-bones as it gets actually. I have no way to check whether or not they are in the app folder... not that I doubt they are. I just worry some of the cool tweaks I'm sure you included could not had been installed at all when I flashed the device. Maybe if I flash the ROM again, just to be sure? I'll download an explorer from the Play Store, as I have none. Maybe an apk installer as well. I'm still not sure if I should had installed the regular ROM before going for the Nightly build.

EDIT: I flashed the Release Candidate #2 and THEN the Nightly build. Everything's there now.

EDIT2: Solid Explorer gave me an expired message btw.

EDIT 3: For a strange reason, the Market is telling me there's not enough space to install anything at all. I haven't installed anything new. I have 228Mb of free space.
7th January 2013, 08:48 PM |#167  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannyman

Weird, when I flashed it, they weren't installed. It's as bare-bones as it gets actually. I have no way to check whether or not they are in the app folder... not that I doubt they are. I just worry some of the cool tweaks I'm sure you included could not had been installed at all when I flashed the device. Maybe if I flash the ROM again, just to be sure? I'll download an explorer from the Play Store, as I have none. Maybe an apk installer as well. I'm still not sure if I should had installed the regular ROM before going for the Nightly build.

EDIT: I flashed the Release Candidate #2 and THEN the Nightly build. Everything's there now.

EDIT2: Solid Explorer gave me an expired message btw.

EDIT 3: For a strange reason, the Market is telling me there's not enough space to install anything at all. I haven't installed anything new. I have 228Mb of free space.

Yeah, this ROM hasn't been updated in a while. It even uses an older CyanogenMod 7.2 build. I'll do it when everything's ironed out. Use CoolrunnerII's ROM for now. By the way, Solid Explorer is now a paid app. It updates to it's latest version, which is a 14-day trial. Use OI File Manager instead, but you won't get root.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianXP7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BrianXP7 Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 10:40 PM |#168  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7

Yeah, this ROM hasn't been updated in a while. It even uses an older CyanogenMod 7.2 build. I'll do it when everything's ironed out. Use CoolrunnerII's ROM for now. By the way, Solid Explorer is now a paid app. It updates to it's latest version, which is a 14-day trial. Use OI File Manager instead, but you won't get root.

I use ASTRO File Manager. Pretty good. I'll try luck with Zeamdroid for now. I'll be checking on your progress. Thank you so much for being so attentive and helpful!
10th January 2013, 12:28 PM |#169  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
this is a phenomenal rom, so fast and stable

I do have the issue where the buttons stop working - for me it is always caused when the device goes to standy (screen off) and i try to resume it by pressing the "reject call" button (RHS hangup) by way of habit i guess

but with zmooth there i dont even care about this issue given how well the rom works.

Thank you for developing it, just thought i'd share my understanding of what causes the buttons to stop working

j
10th January 2013, 05:23 PM |#170  
Flag Trondheim
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxt

this is a phenomenal rom, so fast and stable

I do have the issue where the buttons stop working - for me it is always caused when the device goes to standy (screen off) and i try to resume it by pressing the "reject call" button (RHS hangup) by way of habit i guess

but with zmooth there i dont even care about this issue given how well the rom works.

Thank you for developing it, just thought i'd share my understanding of what causes the buttons to stop working

j

Maybe you can use fastboot and flash the latest boot.img file (The one with LCD power off) into your phone, and then check if you still get lost keys.

I haven't had the problem on my phone in a long time, but I think the fix in the latest kernel should fix your problem. But I need someone to test it.

CRII
11th January 2013, 11:02 AM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolrunnerII

Maybe you can use fastboot and flash the latest boot.img file (The one with LCD power off) into your phone, and then check if you still get lost keys.

I haven't had the problem on my phone in a long time, but I think the fix in the latest kernel should fix your problem. But I need someone to test it.

CRII

I'm going to test it today, I will leave you feedbacks later.

Best.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
code butter, htc kovsky, sony ericsson xperia x1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)