[ROM BML GB 2.3.6] HebrewBarebone

1,518 posts
Thanks Meter: 738

By itzik2sh, Senior Member on 10th January 2013, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
What is it ?
  • Plain BML stock Gingerbread 2.3.6 AntonX Barebone ROM.
  • Deodexed, so can be applied with tweaks.
  • Fully added Hebrew translation (in addition to English), applied with Right-To-Left tweak (when needed).
  • Debloated : WiFi Calling, T-mobile my acount and my device, Talkback, ThinkDroid Office, Android Keyboard (put Samsung keyboard instead), Voice dialer.
  • Added : Audio DSP Manager, Memo, Sidekick KD1 modem, ICS boot animation.
  • Optional Odexer script attached.

Why ?
If you speak Hebrew and you want the latest stock firmware for SGH-T959V with full Hebrew support and UI, this is the ROM for you.
To get even faster results flash the odexer script right after the ROM and you'll get your ROM odexed.
It should be more stable, clean and reliable than HebrewValhalla.
Oh, and WiFi tethering, TV Out, soft keys - all work...

How to apply
Requires BML file system with GB bootloaders.
If you're on MTD file system (CM7/ICS/JB) or Froyo - use Heimdall One Click back to stock with Root and flash via CWM (followed by the odexer script).

Please note : if you booted to the deodexed ROM without flashing the odexer script later
and you want to odex the ROM now - wipe dalvik cache before applying the odexer.

Hebrew Instructions - http://iandroid.co.il/forum/post491182.html#p491182

Downloads

Credits:

AntonX - Barebone ROM.
eollie - One Click Heimdall package.
Ericwgarza1 - Odexer script.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to itzik2sh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itzik2sh Ad-Free
7th March 2013, 03:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Tried to flash your rom like this :
1. flashed stock kg4 via odin
2. rebooted
3. Flashed AntonX 1.1.3 kernel via odin
4. Rebooted while partition were converted
5. got into cwm and flashed your rom

Wifi does not work. Tried it AT LEAST 3 times.

Please advise,

Thanks

Update : also tried it with the KJ6 you posted on iandroid and the wifi still doesnt work
The wifi DOES WORK with stock rom

Update #2 : flashed antonx 1.1.3 barebone rom with the rtl patch i kept from while ago and the wifi works

BTW after flashing the Heimdall package - in it's CWM menu you cant delete dalvik cache (it like fast reboots/restes the CWM mwnu)
7th March 2013, 09:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 372

More
Just checking... have you tried flashing the rom again after wifi fails?
8th March 2013, 07:24 AM |#4  

More
Hi

Yes, But not on top of the non wifi working rom, but of fresh stock rom installation
8th March 2013, 03:21 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 372

More
Reflash it on the non-wifi working. Sometimes the wifi module doesn't flash quite right the first time, and it takes another go. Since everything else basically sticks around, as long as you don't wipe between your non-wifi-working and the reflash, sometimes that makes it work... when that happens, it usually ends up being that your recovery turned off the system mount before it actually was done. Oops.
9th March 2013, 04:53 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM BML GB 2.3.6] HebrewBarebone
Hi Fish

I have been using this ROM for weeks. You are doing things wrong. Leave Odin aside.

Use Heimdall package posted in OP (verify everything works) and just flash the ROM (you can skip the Voodoo lagfix procedure, it's automatic).

It will all be to your satisfactory.

sent from me
9th March 2013, 01:52 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzik2sh

Hi Fish

I have been using this ROM for weeks. You are doing things wrong. Leave Odin aside.

Use Heimdall package posted in OP (verify everything works) and just flash the ROM (you can skip the Voodoo lagfix procedure, it's automatic).

It will all be to your satisfactory.

sent from me

Ok Itzik,

Although i did it, I will do it now once again and will let you know wazzup.

Update : After flashing heimdall - wifi does not work Will try to flash some other stock or find other rom as a base

Update 2 : I give up for now.I'll try to make the cm9.1 work since it's really frustrating to me and I can mess too much with the phone and miss sms and calls. maybe will try it late at night in one of the upcoming days.

Thank you
9th March 2013, 06:46 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hi Fish

OK, we know now that the ROM is not the problem. I'll tell you what you can do; try to remove the battery, press the power button for 10 seconds and then leave phone untouched for 15 minutes. Return the battery and get to download mode.
Now make a 2 steps Heimdall. The one by Lumin (stock unrooted) and the AntonX kernel Heimdall package. Verify that you have WiFi and flash this ROM (followed by the odexer). Good luck!

sent from me
9th March 2013, 08:22 PM |#9  

More
Well....What i did is :
1. Flashed stock KG4 2.3.6 rom via odin
2. rebooted system
3. Flashed Antonx 1.1.3 Kernel via odin
4. Rebooted
5. Flashed via CWM one after the other : anotnx deodexed 1.13 rom AND 0.93 hebfix patch itzik2sh made a while ago which i kept

Now it's on antonx 1.1.3 rom + hebrew support and wifi WORKS
10th March 2013, 06:07 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hi Fish

You keep doing things not according to instructions and what you post here is not even this ROM.
This ROM is full UI Hebrew enabled, already includes RTL fix and I do not recommend using Odin any more.

You can now take a nandroid backup and flash this ROM (and odexer), otherwise I don't see the relevance of this post.

sent from me
The Following User Says Thank You to itzik2sh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itzik2sh Ad-Free
10th March 2013, 06:53 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzik2sh

Hi Fish

You keep doing things not according to instructions and what you post here is not even this ROM.
This ROM is full UI Hebrew enabled, already includes RTL fix and I do not recommend using Odin any more.

You can now take a nandroid backup and flash this ROM (and odexer), otherwise I don't see the relevance of this post.

sent from me

I'm sorry if i strayed away from the subject, But the reason i'm posting what i did is because what was suggested didn't worked for me and I wanted people that experienced the same problem to know i found a solution.

Thank you for your help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)