Thanks Meter: 173

By Astrix Ashburn, Senior Member on 23rd August 2012, 03:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2012, 04:49 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandage

Neither of these worked for me unfortunately. Bought a used i815, came with ICS already...am assuming it's the OTA.

Tried both .zips as instructed, no luck...both failed sigs. Any advice, beyond going back to 3.0 and going that route?

Are you trying with the stock recovery or do you have a custom recovery installed?

23rd December 2012, 02:48 AM |#82  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 805

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik

Are you trying with the stock recovery or do you have a custom recovery installed?

was stock recovery...ended up using the chainfire exploit, and worked like a charm.
24th December 2012, 08:33 PM |#83  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 57

More
can't mount SD Card
Hello
I tried to flash this file on my Tab but with no success!
Downloaded the file to the SD card (both internal sd and external sd)
Booted to the stock recovery
Selected "apply update "
Then after some seconds appeared a red message saying it couldnt mount the folder "SD Card"
There is no way I can change any folder... what am I doing wrong? Please help me
Thanks
25th December 2012, 01:47 AM |#84  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 1,406

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluonyc

Hello
I tried to flash this file on my Tab but with no success!
Downloaded the file to the SD card (both internal sd and external sd)
Booted to the stock recovery
Selected "apply update "
Then after some seconds appeared a red message saying it couldnt mount the folder "SD Card"
There is no way I can change any folder... what am I doing wrong? Please help me
Thanks

from you signature... you state that you use Asus Tablet... so you're definitely in wrong forum and flashing a file that was not mean to be on your tablet. go to proper section.
The Following User Says Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edan1979 Ad-Free
25th December 2012, 10:37 AM |#85  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edan1979

from you signature... you state that you use Asus Tablet... so you're definitely in wrong forum and flashing a file that was not mean to be on your tablet. go to proper section.

Thanks for you answer
I'm in the correct forum and using Galaxy Tab 7.7 (I forgot to change my sygnature). Anyway I changed the SD card (previously a 32gb sandisk that worked perfectly n the system for an 8gb sandisk also) and it worked now

Problem solved!
3rd January 2013, 04:51 PM |#86  
Flag Chicago, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 703

More
I have galaxy chat GT-B5330 it runs on 4.0.4 ics. I tied ur method but when flashing the package it says signature verification failed. What to do now ,
11th January 2013, 04:57 PM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Signature Failure?
I've got a GT-p6800, running 4.0.4 -- XXLPW and ZSLP7.

I've read this entire thread and am having trouble rooting -- with both the 96 and 98 zip files I get the signature failure error.

I went to the universal rooting thread on the Galaxy SII forum and downloaded cwm-touch-6.0.x.x-i9100.zip -- but when trying to run, still got the signature failure error.

I'd be grateful if someone could point out my errors or direct me to a different rooting method that might work for my model.

Many thanks!

EDIT: Not sure it was the most efficient way, but I finally managed to root by bringing my PC into the process. Downloaded ODIN for PC (1.83) and then flashed a CWM .tar file from XDA for my 6800. That worked and enabled me to get into recovery with CWM and then flash a root zip file.
11th January 2013, 06:41 PM |#89  
Flag Reading, UK
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks for the root file and instructions!
I have a p6800, bought this week from Amazon.co.uk - I've managed to install the following ICS Stock Rom from the carrier Open Austria : P6800XXLQ2_P6800OXALQ2_ATO - I downloaded it from www.sammobile.com

I installed it using Odin 1.85 and then rooted as per the instructions here.

All working well & rooted

Thanks from the UK for your instructions!
The Following User Says Thank You to nemov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nemov Ad-Free
11th January 2013, 11:02 PM |#90  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutos1997

I have galaxy chat GT-B5330 it runs on 4.0.4 ics. I tied ur method but when flashing the package it says signature verification failed. What to do now ,

Galaxy Chat, you may try use Chainfire ExynosAbuse http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2050297
18th January 2013, 09:51 AM |#91  
Flag Bar,MNE
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Re: [ROOT] Universal ICS Root from Official Stock Recovery 3e - Easy With Tutorial
Rooted P6800 DXLP7 easy tnx!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk HD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)