Slick Rom JB [1/2/14]

Search This thread

Dsmforlife92

Feb 4, 2011
Carson City
Ok, how many people are getting random reboots and how often? I get 1 per week, that is fine with me. Anyone really getting an annoying amount? We need to identify why, not just complain about it. Let's figure this out together.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

I'm not complaining relax he asked a question so I answered him and how is asking a question and getting a answer complaining I'm giving him the answer the op gave me. I have got 3 or 4 the last couple of days. Most people can't figure the problems out on android they are just here to flash the ROMs.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
I wasn't complaining. Simply wondering why. It happened twice this week so not too big of a deal.

____
Sent by telepathy

I understand, bro, shouldn't have accused you of complaining. I was only continuing off Dsm's thread, not trying to accuse him either...my bad. However, we can still try to figure out what's going on. Are you doing any tweaks or anything? Running at full clock speed? Have a lot of apps that sync, update, pull data, custom themes, etc?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

I'm not complaining relax he asked a question so I answered him and how is asking a question and getting a answer complaining I'm giving him the answer the op gave me. I have got 3 or 4 the last couple of days. Most people can't figure the problems out on android they are just here to flash the ROMs.

Timeout, I'll change my tone, I am not trying to accuse anyone and I shouldn't have started that way. That's my bad. Cool? Now, let's still try to figure out what those with reboot issues have in common if we don't have logcats.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathmonkeyGTX

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
uploadfromtaptalk1357986157508.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357986177903.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357986216902.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357986240493.jpg

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Hurry up and put that kernel in the next update! I think I get more battery savings using inverted apps than I ever have undervolting. I mean maybe if your phone runs warm then undervolt but I specifically asked Shabbypenguin not to include undervolt in my kernel since we had one already. It has adb remount, init.d and in over a month of using it I haven't had a single reboot. I wouldn't mind some overclock though... just to see what this phone can do but I think there is an overclock kernel coming. Any Giants fan can use anything I have. I grew up 5 min away from Giants Stadium :D

Sent from my LG-E970 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358030579278.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358030579278.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 285
Reactions: Jank4AU

DraginMagik

Mar 24, 2010
Ok, how many people are getting random reboots and how often? I get 1 per week, that is fine with me. Anyone really getting an annoying amount? We need to identify why, not just complain about it. Let's figure this out together.

it seems to be something in the ROM. folks using this ROM, TheBase and Stock have all reported random reboots. I believe i've seen reports of it happening on both the Stock and Sk8 kernel. it's just an irritant not a major inconvenience...unless you just happen to be using navigation, on a call or taking a call, or of course standing near someone with an iPhone and they notice.

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Hurry up and put that kernel in the next update! I think I get more battery savings using inverted apps than I ever have undervolting. I mean maybe if your phone runs warm then undervolt but I specifically asked Shabbypenguin not to include undervolt in my kernel since we had one already. It has adb remount, init.d and in over a month of using it I haven't had a single reboot. I wouldn't mind some overclock though... just to see what this phone can do but I think there is an overclock kernel coming. Any Giants fan can use anything I have. I grew up 5 min away from Giants Stadium :D

Sent from my LG-E970 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

I agree, I'm pretty much digging it, too. It's ultimately up to nygfan, this is his show. :D

Reactions: JohnCorleone

iamtha1

Dec 1, 2012
Come on Nyfan where is that update super excited for your suprise...........

Reactions: TangoXray

TangoXray

Dec 27, 2012
McAllen, TX
Come on Nyfan where is that update super excited for your suprise...........

He did say "tomorow night." I'm anxious to see what he's got up his sleeve too, though. Had to switch roms due to the rebooting on the last one.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda app-developers app

N

nygfan760

It's coming soon. Tonight (probably around 10 or 11) is a goal, but not a guarantee because of school, and football :eek:

blenkows

Dec 14, 2012
I'll spoil it for you. Pats will win

____
Sent by telepathy

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

It's coming soon. Tonight (probably around 10 or 11) is a goal, but not a guarantee because of school, and football :eek:

That above post was directed at this lol

____
Sent by telepathy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only reason I asked my kernel not to be included is to keep ROM n kernel errors sperate. I can't Herero up with every thread on XDA. This gives you a chance to run both kernels and you'll know if my kernel breaks anything. Now if my kernel breaks something it can be reported in my thread n not in hear. The op has no control over my kernel.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2
    I was having problems with GPS lock even after doing the fix with GPS Status, that ngyfan posted, try the following. GPS Status didn't even indicate that there were satellites visible to my phone. I used TWRP to flash Stock JB (4.1.2) as well as Stock ICS roms (you'll find them in the Adroid Dev section), but even then I didn't have GPS lock and GPS Status didn't even display satellites.

To fix (thanks to adfurgurson's comment a couple pages back) flash CWM as your recovery (found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010984)

Then flash one of the bloated stock ROMS. Flashing Slick2 may work, but I didn't test it (and can't now that GPS is working). I went to stock ICS, then stock JB, then flash Slick2. All 3 were able to discover satellites and then lock on to 10+.
    Yep - exactly what I did. Rock solid so far.

Though I may LGNPST back to stock and start completely over when the 4.2 stuff drops. Probably not necessary, but I like to do a full reset every now and then.

A

That would be completely unnecessary. You should only LGNPST when you absolutely need too. Plus, from what I heard, LGNPST doesn't even do a full wipe. Some people claim to have all their apps and data after doing a restore with LGNPST. If you ever want to start over from scratch just wipe system, factory reset, wipe Dalvik-cache, and flash. If you want to restore the phone's locked bootloader, then LGNPST.
    Just wanted to say.. Newer release for kernel is done.. I added just a few optimization and Added the Wheatley Governor.. it runs super smooth.. just make sure you reboot at least once after installing and let the kernel settle in.. you can Grab it here or flash next SlimRom to get it..thanks.

I'll push the source to git pretty soon in case any other devs wanna use the wheatley gov in their kernel.. just been super busy.. and trying to add as much as I can..
    I think its the kernel he is using