By kokotas, Senior Member on 30th July 2011, 10:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2013, 05:54 AM |#531  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,196

Donate to Me
More
Sorry to say but we are not out of the woods just yet.

Tonight I was playing around and decided to reset all to default. No more DataOnExt. Turned on md5 and checked /boot /data (userdata), sd-ext.. Just copy it all, I don't care what it is.

Backup started and got to sd-ext when twrp just restarted itself - back to the splash screen.

The log shows backup starting and poof! I didn't try to fix permissions and had the xml verification unchecked.

On another topic, in dataonext mode twrp seems to verify the xml file but re-verification at backup time failed. Seems there is a difference in the code someplace. And, the backup directory is created before the check - remains empty when the check fails.

If it should hp the log is at http://db.tt/FCBHFbtA.

---
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have space left on their sd card ... (via Tapatalk)
The Following User Says Thank You to NYLimited For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NYLimited Ad-Free

11th January 2013, 07:01 PM |#532  
Flag Catania
Thanks Meter: 192

Donate to Me
More
Today I tried to flash a ROM in nativesd inside tboot partition, but after flash the rom I could flash the file tboov2 as it gave me error, why! I clk 1.5.1.6 and Twrp V7A

Inviato dal mio multiboot HD2
13th January 2013, 04:56 AM |#533  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 1,923

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.andy

Today I tried to flash a ROM in nativesd inside tboot partition, but after flash the rom I could flash the file tboov2 as it gave me error, why! I clk 1.5.1.6 and Twrp V7A

Inviato dal mio multiboot HD2

Same thing happened to me. I could flash Mount2SD v4.6.2 Aroma.zip.
But with TWRP v2.0.0 it works perfectly.

PEACE!!!
13th January 2013, 09:49 AM |#534  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by petbede

Same thing happened to me. I could flash Mount2SD v4.6.2 Aroma.zip.
But with TWRP v2.0.0 it works perfectly.

A quote from the TWRP web site:
Quote:

Since TWRP 2.3 is based on AOSP jelly bean sources, TWRP now uses recovery API 3 instead of 2. Some zips may no longer work if the developer is using an out-of-date update-binary. This API change should not be a problem on newer devices, but older devices will probably encounter several zips that need to be updated. If needed, you can try using this update-binary that was compiled with current sources. It goes in your zip file in the META-INF/com/google/android folder.

You could use the update-binary from TWRP install zip as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Avenger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dark_Avenger Ad-Free
13th January 2013, 06:50 PM |#535  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Avenger

A quote from the TWRP web site:

Since TWRP 2.3 is based on AOSP jelly bean sources, TWRP now uses recovery API 3 instead of 2. Some zips may no longer work if the developer is using an out-of-date update-binary. This API change should not be a problem on newer devices, but older devices will probably encounter several zips that need to be updated. If needed, you can try using this update-binary that was compiled with current sources. It goes in your zip file in the META-INF/com/google/android folder.
You could use the update-binary from TWRP install zip as well.

Do you know how this might impact any/all CM ROMs? I wonder if CM will incorporate the new binary as well. If not, devs like Tytung are likely to continue using the one released by CM, no?

13th January 2013, 08:46 PM |#536  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1,560

More
Hi guys,

Here is a new compiled version of TWRP. While I began working on this one mostly trying to fix any existing bugs, I couldn't resist to porting all the interesting stuff from new TWRP v2.4. However I didn't include all the goodies (libfuse, libtar, exfat) in the attached version. The way I see it... lets first have a working-stable-bugless-version(is there such a thing?) and move on from there.. I really hope this is a stable version cause it's getting harder to find some spare time and mess with this

Changes:
  1. Another attempt to fix partitions' sizes for the backup process.
  2. Added option (under "Backup" page) for the user to select if the NativeSD roms will be excluded or not from the sd-ext backup.
  3. Added ability to run shell scripts that you might have on your sdcard (/sdcard/TWRP/scripts).
  4. Added back the missing "Reload Theme" button under "Advanced" page.

Regards!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to kokotas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kokotas Ad-Free
13th January 2013, 08:58 PM |#537  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotas

Hi guys,

Here is a new compiled version of TWRP. While I began working on this one mostly trying to fix any existing bugs, I couldn't resist to porting all the interesting stuff from new TWRP v2.4. However I didn't include all the goodies (libfuse, libtar, exfat) in the attached version. The way I see it... lets first have a working-stable-bugless-version(is there such a thing?) and move on from there.. I really hope this is a stable version cause it's getting harder to find some spare time and mess with this

Changes:

2. Added option (under "Backup" page) for the user to select if the NativeSD roms will be excluded or not from the sd-ext backup.
  3. Added ability to run shell scripts that you might have on your sdcard (/sdcard/TWRP/scripts).

Regards!

Just tested it and... it looks great!!! Thank you very much! For me partition sizes are now correctly calculated. Updated theme for rev9 is attached.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Avenger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dark_Avenger Ad-Free
13th January 2013, 09:44 PM |#538  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:

Hi guys,

Changes:

Regards!

Just did full backup for DataOnExt, ran without a hitch.
Thanks man.
14th January 2013, 01:19 AM |#539  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Avenger

Updated theme for rev9 is attached.

Nice.
14th January 2013, 01:56 AM |#540  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Here is a new compiled version of TWRP. While I began working on this one mostly trying to fix any existing bugs, I couldn't resist to porting all the interesting stuff from new TWRP v2.4.

I feel like I am jinxed! I wanted to start 100% clean so I installed CWM Recovery, deleted the entire TWRP folder from the sd card and used CWM Recovery to install the new, rev 9 TWRP.

Rebooted and TWRP loaded. But, there were no options anywhere to setup DataOnEXT again!? Nothing under setup, nothing under advanced, nothing under backup... I tried to take some screenshots but unfortunately they were all saved as zero byte files. I could not even attempt a backup since I was pointing at userdata from NAND which is empty.

No idea what happened, sorry. If it was a bad zip file it should not have ran at all one would think.

Anyway, I will attempt to download and install it again to see if that changes anything.

[ EDIT]

Okay, the second download yielded an identical file.

Installed via TWRP.

It should be noted that after the zip was seemingly installed the display indicated "Flashing file 1 of 0" and it hung at that point. After 3 minutes I removed the battery and rebooted.

Same issues. The Advanced tab only has 4 buttons and there is no option to save the log.

For the moment I am out of ideas..

---
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have space left on their sd card ... (via Tapatalk)
The Following User Says Thank You to NYLimited For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NYLimited Ad-Free
14th January 2013, 02:45 AM |#541  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny_limited

I feel like I am jinxed! I wanted to start 100% clean so I installed CWM Recovery, deleted the entire TWRP folder from the sd card and used CWM Recovery to install the new, rev 9 TWRP.

Rebooted and TWRP loaded. But, there were no options anywhere to setup DataOnEXT again!? Nothing under setup, nothing under advanced, nothing under backup... I tried to take some screenshots but unfortunately they were all saved as zero byte files. I could not even attempt a backup since I was pointing at userdata from NAND which is empty.

No idea what happened, sorry. If it was a bad zip file it should not have ran at all one would think.

Anyway, I will attempt to download and install it again to see if that changes anything.

[ EDIT]

Okay, the second download yielded an identical file.

Installed via TWRP.

It should be noted that after the zip was seemingly installed the display indicated "Flashing file 1 of 0" and it hung at that point. After 3 minutes I removed the battery and rebooted.

Same issues. The Advanced tab only has 4 buttons and there is no option to save the log.

For the moment I am out of ideas..

I had the same experience. Fun to choose reboot, get the reboot page with no buttons to press!
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkAtHome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarkAtHome Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
recovery, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)