Play Playstation 3 games on Xperia?

Search This thread

neverwinter

Oct 4, 2007
The last console I had was Super Nintendo... so there is so much I don't know. Is it possible to play Playstation 3 through the Xperia Play anywhere online? Or any other console for that matter...

clewis

Apr 19, 2011
London
dlb-network.com
You cant play with ps3 gamers or anything but there is a thing called Onlive which you can download and it lets you play PS3. 360 Pc Games like borderlands, crysis etc but you need a good internet connection.

I did hear when ps suite comes out we can do cross platform with the vita and ps3 on some of the mini games but that will probably never happen.

Selim873

Apr 8, 2011
You cant play with ps3 gamers or anything but there is a thing called Onlive which you can download and it lets you play PS3. 360 Pc Games like borderlands, crysis etc but you need a good internet connection.

I did hear when ps suite comes out we can do cross platform with the vita and ps3 on some of the mini games but that will probably never happen.

+1 OnLive

yosora

Apr 9, 2012
Onlive is what your search. The XPERIA play don´t have such power to emulate natively the PS3... even a high profile PC can´t ;)

crono141

Jan 4, 2011
West Columbia, SC
There is currently no easy way to connect your xperia play as a ps3 controller, or to get remote play working on it.

Seems like a no brainer for sony, but I learned long ago that the playstation division of sony indeed had no brain.

MilkyJoePD

Oct 30, 2011
I managed to get a PS2 game converted which played OK, but not a PS3 game.

Sent from my R800i using XDA

MilkyJoePD

Oct 30, 2011
Or was it a PSP game? Can't remember. I can't remember which site I downloaded it from (illegally). All I remember was there was a lot of converting to and from (formats) and a lot of downloads (from different sites) before it worked.

Sent from my R800i using XDA

johnylim

Aug 11, 2009
pontianak
Are you sure? Afaik we can only play playstation converted game only with psxperia, and we play with ps pocket app.
Till now we only have 1 free Playstation Suite title, and it was a PSP games, i mean, it was a Loco Roco Midnight Carnival.

I really tired waiting Sony to boost Playstation Suite services. Many titles already listed, but only few has launched, no Greenland, no demo

D

DennisDroid

Of course you can try the App "Kainy" its a Remote Control - So you can play all games wich you have installed on your Computer on your Phone too.

What you need:

3G/4G Internet Connection
PC wich is turned on

Kainy installed on your PC

Phatzy

Apr 24, 2011
Todays i3, i5 and i7 processors are over 4 times more powerful than an PS3's cell processor 8 SPE's (These are not x86 CPU cores), And current gen ATI and Nvidia GPU's are like 10 times more powerful.
An emulation software can only use the CPU for all graphic processing. So the Cell CPU is clocked at 3.2Ghz then an Intel or AMD CPU needs to be clocked at 6.4Ghz to give playable frames.

F4T4LITY

Apr 9, 2012
sorry, but playing ps3 games on xperia play is totally impossible, use the "Onlive" app to get some beautifull games in streaming :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

play3man

Jan 13, 2013
Slovakia
Hey guys why it can't be possible? With CFW on PS3 it's possible to play all PS3 games with PS Vita - streaming to the console. With Officially OS have few PS3 games official support to "remote play" gaming... I think when a good developer will look at this.. it can be real on xperia/android phones too

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
Download speed doesn't matter too much for remote gaming, the issue is latency and binding keyboard and mouse control to a gamepad, which doesn't work too well for games not designed for consoles. This is the issue with Onlive compounded by the fact I have wimax home internet so the latency sucks compared to landline internet.

Last edited: