[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

Lucas0511

Mar 14, 2006
Additional folders in Menu:
- Go to HKLM\Software\SPB Software House 2\SPB Mobile Shell\Menu\Root\
- Create a new key called whatever you want your new folder to be.
- Copy the contents of the 'My Shortcuts' key into the one you just created
- Change the value of the 'Text' string to be the name of the folder.
Changing the 'Index' value changes which position in the grid the folder appears (0 is top left, 8 is bottom right). The 'Image' value will change the icon as follows:
0 = Toolbox
1 = Phone with envelope
2 = Globe
3 = Calendar
4 = Shortcuts
5 = Program Folder
6 = Camera and clapperboard
7 = Cog/Spanner

Make folders editable or removable:
Unlock the SPB Menu so you can add and remove links as you wish.
Navigate to: HKLM>Software>Spb Software House 2>Menu>Root
In there you will find folders that correspond to the menu items in the SPB Menu. E.G: Internet
You need to go into the folder and add a DWORD value called "Add" with the value of "1".
Once this is done, go to SPB Menu and open the Menu Catagory. Click the options button (bottom right) and you will see 3 new buttons.

found at Modaco

pbv302

Aug 25, 2008
Great work! Should be moved to: xda-developers > General discussion > Development and Hacking so that more people finds this exilent thread! :)

Thank you!

keithdupont

Feb 9, 2008
Great work! Should be moved to: xda-developers > General discussion > Development and Hacking so that more people finds this exilent thread! :)

Thank you!

I agree, I don't think it should be in a phone specific forum, most of e tweaks so far are not resolution specific. It will get more attention in D & H

Last edited:

iggy

Jan 19, 2004
Toronto
Couple of things I would love to change:

1. how to include year on Pro Screen
2. How to disable the recently use icons from populating in Launcher, very annoying I have to keep deleting them.
3. how to remove/disable the Lifestyles Page - I personally have no use for it
4. dear God someone please create a White screen, love all the other colors but outside in the sunlight, can't see a dang thing

other than these minor pet peaves, I am loving SPB MS3

lnchbx13

Mar 10, 2008
Washington, DC
using g-alarm and thumbcal

I had also used the vjbrink way for g-alarm, but when I tried it for thumbcal it didn't work...any ideas? when you click add a new appointment it opens the windows one...does it have something to do with a cpl file or soemthing like that? IDK, but it would be nice to use thumbcal too

Zepiii

Retired Forum Moderator
I had also used the vjbrink way for g-alarm, but when I tried it for thumbcal it didn't work...any ideas? when you click add a new appointment it opens the windows one...does it have something to do with a cpl file or soemthing like that? IDK, but it would be nice to use thumbcal too

Heard, it was not working for ThumbCal on other forum :(

masrterk

Jul 27, 2008
www.ppctuga.net
Hello

Please any one make a Cab for Vito change default in shell SMS, G-alarm , Coreplayer ...
Other soft for the SMS ?
Go to: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX
Change key 1 (default : Tmail) with your soft
> for exemple SMS-Chat : "\ Program Files \ VITO \ SMS-Chat \ SMSChat.exe"
Don't forget the "

some one create a cab to change this please .....

in m.shell 3
Vito sms default ?
G-alarm default alarm?
core player default music player ?
More tabs in layiut styke ?

it´s possible to change that Create Cab file please :)

many thanks

drunkbastard

May 13, 2008
Hello

Please any one make a Cab for Vito change default in shell SMS, G-alarm , Coreplayer ...
Other soft for the SMS ?
Don't forget the "

in m.shell 3
Vito sms default ?
G-alarm default alarm?

many thanks

Hey, I have an idea, why don't you post this about 46 more times? That way, maybe someone who hasn't seen the other what, five? six? ten? posts you put up with exactly the same request might finally give in.

Dude, seriously, stop spamming every SPB MS 3.0 thread with exactly the same question over and over and overandoverandover. If you don't get answer to the first one, the seventy-third isn't going to yield better results.

murasan

Jul 19, 2008
-How to add new configurable panel in the carousel -​

-Remove to the PC from pda the following file program files \ spb mobile shell \ qa-layout.dat
- Open it with Winzip using the key b0fm18zq, of inside we extract to the PC the LockScreen2.xml file, we open it with a publisher of xml (I recommend Notepad++) we modified the line:

<General>
<ScrollY Value="Off"/>
<DialogObject Value="Spb.Data.LockScreen2"/>
<String Name="RegKey" Value="HomeScreen"/>
<Int Name="PageCount" Value="3"/>
<Int Name="Background" Value="1"/>
<Skin Skin="qa_misc_now" MiddleSkin="ma_misc_now" DoubleSkin="va_misc_now"/>
</General>

By:

<General>
<ScrollY Value="Off"/>
<DialogObject Value="Spb.Data.LockScreen2"/>
<String Name="RegKey" Value="HomeScreen2"/>
<Int Name="PageCount" Value="3"/>
<Int Name="Background" Value="1"/>
<Skin Skin="qa_misc_now" MiddleSkin="ma_misc_now" DoubleSkin="va_misc_now"/>
</General>

-We kept it as LockScreen3.xml, again put it in qa_Layout.dat (using the same key, if you have not closed the window zip during the process you can copy inside and only accept).
- We again put qa_Layout.dat to its site in the PDA (program files \ spb mobile shell)

Now it is necessary to publish the registries I recommend (Rescoexplorer)
- We go to HKLM \ Software \ Spb Software House 2 \ Spb Mobile Shell \ NowScreen \ Panels and inside there are 12 keys (folders) numbered 0 to 11, we add a new key (folder) with name 12, open key 1 we copied the values and paste it in new key 12,we modified, them so that they are thus:
(Default)
(value nondefined)
Home
0x1(1)
Name
:HOME3
Text
(the name you like)

- Now we go HKLM \ Software \ Spb Software House 2 \ Spb Mobile Shell \ NowScreen \ Layouts, we add a new key (folder) call here :HOME3, we open :HOME2 copy the values paste it in :HOME3, within we modified them to :HOME3 so that they are thus:

(Default)
LockScreen3

LockScreen3
Lifestyle

Make one softreset, the next time when you open carousel, can see that this has a new configurable panel like the one of " LifeStyle" , the problem this in which the equal wallpaper to LifeStyle Home" and you can't change it neither to panels… This I put bond to add to new panels exponentially lockscreen4, HOME4,13. .ectect… Also can remove panels:
- We go to HKLM \ Software \ Spb Software House 2 \ Spb Mobile Shell \ NowScreen \ Panels and inside there are 12 keys (folders) numbered 0 to 11, within each there is a key that it indicates to that function belongs....LifeStyle Home is the 0, professional Home the 1… is only necessary to be opening them and to see its name once located for example removing professional design we eliminated key 1 and the one that was the two consecutively happens to be the 1 and thus rename all, it cannot have jumps among them… Clearly?

CABFILE for add one new panel in carousel:http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=9jr55o1otvd thanks to setnades from htcmania

Last edited:

cesarium

Jan 17, 2007
Hi There

I'm having problems getting the TF3D and MS3 running together in my diamond... I have already done the registry trick (in the letf soft key Manila) but after soft reset TF3D dont start. I cheked My today settings and TF3D is activated...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks To you all
Cesarium

xjohnx

May 23, 2008
is there any way to overlay spb over windows like older versions? I hate the top bar and start menu. I tried "override start" in spb settings but see no difference even after soft reset. what does that setting do?

murasan

Jul 19, 2008
How to change panels name:
Go to HKLM \ Software \ Spb Software House 2 \ Spb Mobile Shell \ NowScreen \ Panels and inside there are 12 keys (folders) numbered 0 to 11, inside modified text value, them so that they are thus:

Text
(the name you like)

selders59

Jul 10, 2008
Cape Coral, Florida
Hello

Other soft for the SMS ?
Don't forget the "

in m.shell 3
Vito sms default ?
G-alarm default alarm?

many thanks

Here is a cab for g-alarm

Attachments

• galarm.zip
    606.8 KB · Views: 382

keithdupont

Feb 9, 2008
is there any way to overlay spb over windows like older versions? I hate the top bar and start menu. I tried "override start" in spb settings but see no difference even after soft reset. what does that setting do?

I dont think anyone has figured out how to do away with taskbar yet. However the setting you mentioned just changes what happens when you press the start button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.