"FINAL VERSION" WM 6.5 Ultimate Edition OS 21500 for HP iPAQ 6815/6818/6828

Search This thread

calvinljh

Feb 5, 2008
Selangor
Date reset everytime remove battery

Hi all,

Wonder face problems, once unplug battery out, date will reset back to original date & time? Any advise on fix it?:(

GraeFNZ

Jan 21, 2008
Waikato
Hi Arie

Fantastic job you have done with this rom.

The only problem I have with it is Bluetooth. A2DP Stereo doesn't work. This may be why another users BT car kit doesn't work.
But I think this is common with the WM6.5 roms for 68xx as NHOCBANME's and maurin3do's roms have same issue.
Maybe you could check with helloworld1 what he did as his earlier build "Based on XIP and SYS 21202" works fine. I think may have used modules from 6.1.

Cheers.

vololo

Mar 20, 2007
Hi Arie

Fantastic job you have done with this rom.

The only problem I have with it is Bluetooth. A2DP Stereo doesn't work. This may be why another users BT car kit doesn't work.
But I think this is common with the WM6.5 roms for 68xx as NHOCBANME's and maurin3do's roms have same issue.
Maybe you could check with helloworld1 what he did as his earlier build "Based on XIP and SYS 21202" works fine. I think may have used modules from 6.1.

Cheers.

yea, bluetooth works on that rom that helloworld1 posted. and its 6.1.

C double U

Apr 9, 2009
hi..im newbie here.. :)
i need some help.. :(
i want to upgrade my 6828 WM5 to WM 6.5 Final..and i follow the instruction..
first i copy the diskimg.nbo and cab folder to my blank SD card..n i insert it to my HP..
so..i hold both of the softkey and get the stylus to reset..HP invent logo appear..
i wait for 10...min..n when it's done..nothing happen to my HP..still WM5 is running..
what's wrong with my HP..??
help..!! not sleep till 3 am just to finish this..fiuh.. :(

first i copy the diskimg.nbo and cab folder to my blank SD card..n i insert it to my HP..
so..i hold both of the softkey and get the stylus to reset..HP invent logo appear..
i wait for 10...min..n when it's done..nothing happen to my HP..still WM5 is running..

is your SD card bigger then 1gb? i found some problems with 2.0gb SD cards.

vololo

Mar 20, 2007

you could flash it via pc using usb if u have bootlaoder 1.0.1
got pcupdate1.rar from this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=360664

got these instructions from there ..so i picked out the specifics and placed it here .

How to flash from PC with Windows XP (It is ok to run it in vmware)

Thanks Knave and rcperez for posting their detailed experience so I can write this section. Also thanks jimmyspa for improving the addheader's performance greatly.
1. Check your Boat loader version
(do a soft reset, and check the value printed at the bottom during the HP logo screen)
2. If you noticed that the last line states BL 1.00.05, it means you have boat loader 1.05 installed. You will need to download and flash your phone back to 1.01 via ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34001-34500/sp34053.exe (VERY DANGEROUS, FLASHING VIA SD IS MUCH SAFER!)
3. After successfully downgraded your phone's boatloader, or your version was already v1.01, you can proceed to flash your phone to the rom.

With the check done, proceed with the required files.
1. Go to download section to download the rom file. -- The rom that you downloaded, e.g (diskimg.nbo)
2. Download the file pcupdate.zip attached in this thread and unzip the contents to the same folder you used in step 1.
3. Download the latest Rom file and extract to the same folder
4. Run BuffereAddHeader.bat. It will take seconds to generate a diskimage_Ver.nb0. (You should have Java Runtime > 1.50 installed, http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp)
5. Move your phone to boatloader mode ( press the two - keys, follow by a poke at the soft reset hole with your stylus )
6. Connect the phone to the PC
7. Execute the Device Utility Update program and wait till it verifies the state. Click on Update Item "All" use cursor keys to change it to "OS ONLY" then hit next **** SELECT "OS ONLY", if you cant change it to "OS ONLY" DONT PROCEED!!! It should detect your device as Model 0 etc.
8. Press Next to begin flashing.
9. Once completed, the phone will reset by itself. Wait for a while for it to startup.

REMEMBER SELECT OS ONLY BY PRESSING DOWN IN THE SELECTION BOX

Here are the notes & files provided by hochengsoon with README for flashing via Windows XP
PC flashing using BL1.0.1 must be done from C:\Windows\Temp, so why not start everthing from this folder ie PCUpdate + ROM + missing file(s).
PCUpdate1.rar - http://www.mediafire.com/file/k5jumzzg1mm/PCUpdate1.rar

How to downgrade to WM5 using PC
1. download wm5 rom from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...pappid=NextGen
2. run it and after entering the updating screen cancel it.
3. replace the hpRUU.exe in c:\IPAQ(default install) with the attached file hpRUU.exe in archive hpRUU.zip
4. Connect device to PC, then press and hold two "-" button and reset.
5. Run hpRUU.exe and do a normal update.
Note: you may delete eboot*.nbf to prevent bricking the device.

ALL CREDITS GO TO helloworld1 NOT TO ME.
Thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=360664

I don't take any responsibility if Ur phones gets bricked. I used this method and it works. Im using ipaq rw6828

Last edited:

C double U

Apr 9, 2009
you could flash it via pc using usb if u have bootlaoder 1.0.1
got pcupdate1.rar from this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=360664

got these instructions from there ..so i picked out the specifics and placed it here .

ALL CREDITS GO TO helloworld1 NOT TO ME.
Thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=360664

I don't take any responsibility if Ur phones gets bricked. I used this method and it works. Im using ipaq rw6828

5. Move your phone to boatloader mode ( press the two - keys, follow by a poke at the soft reset hole with your stylus )
6. Connect the phone to the PC

is the phone must connected n synchronizing with active sync..?
or just connect it via usb even the phone is not connected with active sync..?

thx :)

TheDj2

Jun 5, 2008
Hi!

Thanks Ariey for the great rom!
I thought that wm 6.5 rom will solve the missing wpa2 encryption, but it doesn't.

I've found a simple dll for HTC devices, but doesn't work on my rw6815. I read about Odyssey client software everywhere, but it doesn't work too.
When I turn on the odyssey client, my wireless adapter turn off and I can't switch on again while the odyssey client working.

Does anybody know a simple solution for wpa2 encryption problem?

handiarch

Jun 21, 2008
Hi...
i'm already use ariey WM 6.5.... nice:)

but some problem...
i can't find menu for mobile banking...

can some one help me?

thx

C double U

Apr 9, 2009
There is some reason behind ROM not flash, this was happend to me too.

MUST ensure:-
1) BL version is 1.01
2) Some Kingston SD will not flash this happend to me, try others etc:- 512MB, 256Mb / 2GB

Mine was upgradable after get 2GB Memory

:(..im have used 2GB kingston..just the same..it couldnt transform to WM 6.5..
what's wrong with my HP.. :(

kosmodisk

Sep 27, 2007
kingston brand SD cards are bad far flashing, they cannot boot...
try to borow f.e. nokia sd card from some friend...

boril

May 9, 2006
Sofia
kingston brand SD cards are bad far flashing, they cannot boot...
try to borow f.e. nokia sd card from some friend...

Fully agree :) with my both kingston 2 GB SD cards - no luck flashing ;) but with 512 MB nokia SD card flawlless flashing.
P.S. kosmodisk sorry for curiosity are you from BULGARIA ?

C double U

Apr 9, 2009
mm..i choose via PC way..and it seems well enough until now..yup..done..

thx a lot to ARIEY for the ROM.. :D

mm..but i hav a question..
mm..what will happen if i do the hard reset/reset to factory default (hold send,end,power, and push the stylus in)..? will it back to WM 5 or still in WM 6.5..?

if doesnt back to WM 5..
when we wanna go back to WM 5, will it be as same as the original HP 6828 ROM..?
i mean..like the picture of 6828 usually..like this(below)..or the cooked one..?
6828.jpg

Last edited:

vololo

Mar 20, 2007
mm..i choose via PC way..and it seems well enough until now..yup..done..

thx a lot to ARIEY for the ROM.. :D

mm..but i hav a question..
mm..what will happen if i do the hard reset/reset to factory default (hold send,end,power, and push the stylus in)..? will it back to WM 5 or still in WM 6.5..?

if doesnt back to WM 5..
when we wanna go back to WM 5, will it be as same as the original HP 6828 ROM..?
i mean..like the picture of 6828 usually..like this(below)..or the cooked one..?
6828.jpg

if u do hard reset..it wont go back to wm5. it will still be ariey's wm6.5 factory defaults.
if u wanna go back to the wm5 u have to go to official hp site and look for rw6828 updates. choose the update with bootloader 1.0.1 so u dont have to downgrade if u wanna switch to other roms. just choose older updates.
so the pc update worked for you! well done and enjoy.

Top Liked Posts