FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Vote if you got 100% SuperCharged! Does it work as advertised?

Definitely! Nothing beats it... PERIOD!

1,187 Vote(s)
41.55%
Very good! Quite happy with the results!

1,038 Vote(s)
36.33%
Snake Oil! It Does NOTHING!

386 Vote(s)
13.51%
Makes things worse!

246 Vote(s)
8.61%

[V6U9RC13]For Your Lag(4x) Do it good, Good, GOOD, GOOD! SuperCharge Your Launchaaah!

9,374 posts
Thanks Meter: 21,793

Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2013, 03:33 AM |#17381  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelinrox

Ok test this if you like

It's self configurable and you can change options every run or ignore the prompt.

Run it the usual way or read the OP lol

ACK! It seems to only accept 1, 2 or 4 hours as input lol

I specified from 1- 24 hrs but I don't think bash understood what I meant

Tested, seemed to work fine. I looked away while the script loaded and went through everything, came back and saw 10 seconds wasn't sure how long it had been. Couldn't help but get shocked, made it in time though.

I just used 4 hours, cause you said all it would take was 1, 2, or 4, fine with me.

16th January 2013, 03:41 AM |#17382  
OP Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP

Donate to Me
More
Ok to verify that it's running you can run the script again or read the comments in the script itself.

There's a check in there so that it won't stay in memory twice.
If it finds that it's already sleeping in memory, it tells you that FluchOMatic is already in memory.
You can still flush as usual and you can still change options but it won't relaunch into memory again.

Actually, here's the updated comments:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# 2 in 1 Engine Flush Script created by zeppelinrox.
#
# The 2 Modes are: Fast Engine Flush and Engine Flush-O-Matic.
#
# See http://goo.gl/krtf9 - Linux Memory Consumption - Nice article which also discusses the "drop system cache" function!
# See http://goo.gl/hFdNO - Memory and SuperCharging Overview, or... "Why 'Free RAM' Is NOT Wasted RAM!"
#
# Credit imoseyon for making the drop caches command more well known :)
# See http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/122733-tutorial-sysctl-you-guide-better-preformance-battery-life.html
# Credit dorimanx (Cool XDA dev!) for the neat idea to show before and after stats :D
#
# Note 1: To enable "Engine Flush-O-Matic" mode, change the "flushOmatic" variable to 1.
#         It is automatically enabled and changed to 1 the first time you say yes to enable Engine Flush-O-Matic!
#         If "flushOmatic" is anything other than 1, it's off and won't enter into a "Flush Cycle".
#         So... "flushOmatic=1" turns it ON. "flushOmatic=*anything else*" turns it OFF.
#
# Note 2: If "Engine Flush-O-Matic" is enabled, you can change the "flushOmaticHours" variable to the number of hours you want.
#         Valid values are from 1 to 24 (hours).
#         If the value is invalid or missing, it defaults to running every 3 hours.
#         If "Engine Flush-O-Matic" is disabled (see Note 1), "flushOmaticHours" can be anything and will be ignored anyway lol.
#         Example: If you want it to run every 4 hours, make the line read "flushOmaticHours=4".
#
# Usage: 1. Type in Terminal: "su" and enter, "flush" and enter. ("flush" is indentical to !FastEngineFlush.sh but easier to type :p)
#           When in "Engine Flush-O-Matic" mode, the script relaunches and kills itself. Let it run ONCE, then close terminal.
#           Do one of the verification tests below.
#
# Usage: 2. Script Manager: launch it once like any other script OR with a widget (DO NOT PUT IT ON A SCHEDULE!)
#           When in "Engine Flush-O-Matic" mode, whether you run with a widget or not, the script relaunches and kills itself.
#           If the verification tests below fail, run the script again and at any time, press the Back Button and click on "Leave in Background."
#           You can then close Script Manager out of memory and the script should still be running. Then do a verification test again.
#
# To verify that it's running, just run the script again!
# OR you can type in Terminal:
# 1. "pstree | grep lush" - for usage option 1 (with Terminal)
# 2. "pstree | grep sleep" - for usage option 2 (with Script Manager)
# 3. "cat /proc/*/cmdline | grep lush" - Sure-Fire method ;^]
#    - This output should be 3 items:
#      a. "/data/V6_SuperCharger/!FastEngineFlush.sh" OR "/system/xbin/flush" (depending on which script you ran)
#      b. "Engine_Flush-O-Matic_is_In_Effect!" (sleep message)
#      c. "lush" (created by your query so this doesn't mean anything)
Now you know why it takes awhile to put out updates... LOL
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zeppelinrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeppelinrox Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 04:38 AM |#17383  
Thanks Meter: 613

More
Quote:

Ok to verify that it's running you can run the script again or read the comments in the script itself.

yep... "Engine Flush-O-Matic is ON @ 1 hour intervals!"

lol... "Here We Go Again... in 1 hours LOL"

EDIT: Just noticed the script stays running, after running it the second time, instead of being killed. Problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to mixednuts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mixednuts Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 05:00 AM |#17384  
OP Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixednuts

yep... "Engine Flush-O-Matic is ON @ 1 hour intervals!"

lol... "Here We Go Again... in 1 hours LOL"

EDIT: Just noticed the script stays running, after running it the second time, instead of being killed. Problem?

Can you elaborate?
I guess you did the verification as written in the comments?
It should stay sleeping (just one instance) in the background... just as 97BulletProof_Apps does.
If the script is run again, it should tell you that FOM is already in memory and refuse to enter into a second FOM cycle.

=================================

Here's a much improved teaser 2...

- Fixed the input... can now do from 1 - 24 hours.
- Added logging with echos to /data/Ran_FastEngineFlush.log
- Much more information/instruction after you enable Flush-O-Matic for the first time.
- Oh yeah... made the input a 20 second time limit instead of 10.
Turns out that on the relaunch (in FOM mode)... it doesn't actually wait anyway lol (but you can always have input with a fresh instance that you run yourself)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf flushOmatic_tease2.sh.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (10.9 KB, 1576 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zeppelinrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeppelinrox Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 07:14 AM |#17385  
OP Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP

Donate to Me
More
Oh no wonder nobody has commented...
I forgot to actually attach it to the post

Right so it's now there in the previous post so please leave feedback
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zeppelinrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeppelinrox Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 03:18 PM |#17386  
Thanks Meter: 613

More
Quote:

Can you elaborate?
I guess you did the verification as written in the comments?
It should stay sleeping (just one instance) in the background... just as 97BulletProof_Apps does.
If the script is run again, it should tell you that FOM is already in memory and refuse to enter into a second FOM cycle.

Haven't tried teaser 2 yet, but when running the script again it doesn't spit out anything about saying it's in memory.... just says that it's ON and gonna run at whatever interval as exactly I quoted in my previous post.

To verify it's running you just run it again, correct?

Oh, when running the script the first time, using Script Manager, the script kills itself at the end of configuration... when running again the script doesn't kill itself.

Again, this is all for the first teaser... I'll report on second when I get a chance.
16th January 2013, 03:34 PM |#17387  
OP Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP

Donate to Me
More
I forget if teaser 1 had it but teaser 2 has 2 checks... one at the beginning and one at the end (just in case detection failed the first time or if the first Engine Flush instance wasn't asleep at the time)

When FOM is first enabled, I added this info which probably answers your questions about SM.
Code:
            echo " You can change options by..."
            echo ""
            sleep 1
            echo "               ...running this script again :o)"
            echo ""
            echo $line
            echo ""
            sleep 1
            echo " Can you close this app now?"
            echo " ==========================="
            echo ""
            sleep 1
            echo " If using terminal: YES - after the relaunch."
            echo ""
            sleep 1
            echo " If using Script Manager: after the relaunch..."
            echo ""
            sleep 1
            echo " ...run the script again, hit the Back Button.."
            echo ""
            sleep 1
            echo "           ...then click \"Leave in Background\"."
            echo ""
            sleep 1
            echo "        ...then close/kill/nuke Script Manager!"
So the second time, you back out of it, click "leave in background" and script m anager can be closed out of memory and FOM will remain running just they way it would if you were using terminal.

Anyway, it's gonna get launched by /init.d/*99SuperCharger so after you turn on FOM once, it will be automatically loaded after each boot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeppelinrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeppelinrox Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 05:36 PM |#17388  
OP Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP

Donate to Me
More
2 NEW Test 2s!
The V6 update is a tedious ball breaker... pushing 9,000 lines of code now with all the additions and enhancements...

But I wanted to get something out the door today...

SO... these are pretty much done but why not test them first before adding to official downloads... a little perk, eh?

3GTC has:
- revamped Wi-Fixer! - adding fix permission to wpa_supplicant.conf so maybe it can be fixed without having to create a new .conf file and avoid having to re-enter wifi passwords
- revamped Wi-Fi AfterBurner! - added more tweaks to tiwlan.ini AND if you don't have tiwlan.ini... it will create one (some users report it actually works so why the hell not...)

KAK has:
- a new Entropy-ness Enlarger (that's what she sed!)
- revamped code for IO Tweaks - should be much less problematic and you choose the scheduler!
- enhanced user info/interface/code
- support for newer kernels
- added the 3 reboot tolerance levels

Click Thanks... yada yada yada...
The Following 162 Users Say Thank You to zeppelinrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeppelinrox Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 05:40 PM |#17389  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 8,787

More
Quote:

ROFL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2013, 05:44 PM |#17390  
Account currently disabled
Flag Lucedale
Thanks Meter: 849

More
Quote:

The V6 update is a tedious ball breaker... pushing 9,000 lines of code now with all the additions and enhancements...

But I wanted to get something out the door today...

SO... these are pretty much done but why not test them first before adding to official downloads... a little perk, eh?

3GTC has:
- revamped Wi-Fixer! - adding fix permission to wpa_supplicant.conf so maybe it can be fixed without having to create a new .conf file and avoid having to re-enter wifi passwords
- revamped Wi-Fi AfterBurner! - added more tweaks to tiwlan.ini AND if you don't have tiwlan.ini... it will create one (some users report it actually works so why the hell not...)

KAK has:
- revamped code for IO Tweaks - should be much less problematic and you choose the scheduler!
- enhanced user info/interface/code
- support for newer kernels
- added the 3 reboot tolerance levels

Click Thanks... yada yada yada...

Thanks downloading now

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bbrad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bbrad Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 06:21 PM |#17391  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thumbs up Can't Wait for V6
Reporting back after testing all 3 latest scripts.

FOM: Teaser 2 ran fine, works great, running on 3 hour schedule.
3GTC: Awesome update, finally can use Wi-Fi afterburning, even without a tiwlan.ini. WOOT! Speeds tests went great as well.
KAK: Mmm. this update completely removed any residue of bubble gum, total Ass Kicking indeed.
V6: Still using Test 10 eagerly waiting for the BIG ONE.
Thanks

EDIT: Little late now, sorry, but i always get this error message when running the latest v6 test 10, (doesn't appear on test 9). I never cared because it still works fine, just figured i would share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-05 19.26.41.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1650600  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SgtSausage21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SgtSausage21 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android.process.acore, awoooooooooooooooogaaa, booga booga booga, boomstick, hard to kill, hellz yeah, hi mom, ky for android, lag, launcher, mbq was here, omfg, out for justice, ram, redraw, supercharger, turbocharger, under seige, v6 supercharger, wooooow, zeppelinrox is a god, zepplinrox, zepplinrox thanks meter exploded, zoom zoom
Previous Thread Next Thread