thanks anyway...
3rd October 2012, 08:20 AM |#62  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

From the OP:
Since you're not using those devices, you need to carefully examine your /etc/vold.fstab file and make sure it matches the fstab file attached to the OP. To recover, if you're comfortable with adb, do:
If you're not proficient using a command line, you'll probably need to reflash.

i didnt know how to use the command line , so i flashed a new stock rom and updated it to 2.3.6 , in some way i can say thank you because this is a better rom and i wouldnt flash it if it wouldnt happen that
9th November 2012, 04:32 AM |#63  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 236

More
So I just installed this in CM9 (stable, hit the swap button, then the reboot button. During the boot up, it's now stuck on the screen with the Cyanogenmod logo and mascot. Been this way for like 5 minutes now.

edit: did a battery pull, and got the same results. had to dirty flash CM9 again to get it booting. Looks like this doesn't work with CM9 :/ which kinda sucks because all my apps are backed up with Titanium on the external card.
5th December 2012, 03:28 AM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Exhibit II seems to be soft bricked
Hi Jocala,
Firstly thanks for CM9 ICS, it was a smooth upgrade and wonderful experience (to introduce myself, I like installing custom ROMs on my exhibit ii and ideos u8150 - and never resulting in bricking till now, though came out of boot loops sometimes)

Now the actual problem:
After running on ICS for 4 days, I installed swapsd (which I downloaded along with CM9) and after clicking on swap button, in order to reboot, I clicked the reboot button and starting then the device did not boot/power on.
I tried all the possible volume/power buttons combo but device did not boot/power on.
I even tried the usb jig to enter into download mode but did not boot/power on.
The partitions might have crashed/corrupted.
Is there any way it can be restored to normalcy. I was going through some JTAG tutorials (to get it repaired through mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com or to do it myself by purchasing the RIFF BOX JTAG), but just wanted to understand your comment on this as I don't see a better person with thorough internal device knowledge and also swapsd)
Thanks in advance
godka
20th December 2012, 09:05 PM |#65  

More
hi,
I have a Samsung Exhibit II running Peach Sunrise and have an empty 32gb sd card in there. Two questions:
1) Once the SD is swapped and the phone is rebooted what is the best way to copy the contents of internal sd to external sd?
2) Should everything be copied over or just some content?

thanks.
25th December 2012, 07:04 PM |#66  
Flag Brownsburg, IN
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Tried to use this with AOSP ICS, and am stuck at my boot animation? Any idea why?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

From the OP:
Since you're not using those devices, you need to carefully examine your /etc/vold.fstab file and make sure it matches the fstab file attached to the OP. To recover, if you're comfortable with adb, do:
If you're not proficient using a command line, you'll probably need to reflash.

Used this as a fix! Thanks, mate, you saved me!
The Following User Says Thank You to jayyskittles For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jayyskittles Ad-Free
17th January 2013, 07:16 AM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
need help
Hi guys..i need help on this so i installed swapsd on my galaxy ace2 and push the button swap and then reboot..after reboot it canr recognize my sd card and ext.sdcard..i cant reverse it back coz there is no swapsd on my phone installed..pls guys help me on this..please.
The Following User Says Thank You to dyamon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dyamon Ad-Free
18th January 2013, 03:00 AM |#68  

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyamon

Hi guys..i need help on this so i installed swapsd on my galaxy ace2 and push the button swap and then reboot..after reboot it canr recognize my sd card and ext.sdcard..i cant reverse it back coz there is no swapsd on my phone installed..pls guys help me on this..please.

I have the same problem. Only I am using an Exhibit T759 model. I checked the text file and atleast the first 6 lines seemed to be similar.
What did I do wrong? I am unable to mount my external storage i any way. It is just not detected

Thanks a lot Jocala for all the effort that you put in and I am sorry for my stupidity!
20th January 2013, 04:36 PM |#69  
Re: swapsd beta: Samsung
Hi jocala, I'm from the galaxy w forum, a few months ago you commented on our CM10 thread and included a link to your SwapSD app. I downloaded and successfully applied it (with thanks). Fast forward those few months and I've created a thread.......
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1941028
And inevitably the whole storage swap/vold fstab question has appeared there too.
So, I hope you don't mind, but I've uploaded my copy of your app to cloud storage and created a link to it which I've included in my thread.......
(It goes without saying that I've credited you with original app development)......
Many thanks......Keith

sent from my CM10 turbocharged Wonder that proved Samsung wrong...
23rd January 2013, 08:50 PM |#70  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvccc

I have the same problem. Only I am using an Exhibit T759 model. I checked the text file and atleast the first 6 lines seemed to be similar.
What did I do wrong? I am unable to mount my external storage i any way. It is just not detected

Thanks a lot Jocala for all the effort that you put in and I am sorry for my stupidity!

Bump! anyone know what happened?
23rd January 2013, 11:04 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 839

More
Re: swapsd beta: Samsung
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvccc

Darn just curious why would try this app with no costum recovery?

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)