[RECOVERY][CM10, PA, CM10.1, AOSPA] TWRP 2.4.1.0 Touch Recovery [2013-02-04]

Search This thread

timstanley1985

Sep 23, 2010
London
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project 2.4, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel. For more info click here: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

This is a 100% stock CM10/CM10.1 Kernel with TWRP recovery added in place of the standard ClockworkMod Recovery. Nothing more, nothing less!

I will build these on a weekly basis or whenever a significant change is made to the CM or TWRP code
Phone look:
RAsb.jpg
AO13.jpg

Known Issues
None!

CHANGELOG for 2.4.1.0:
-Fixed a problem with mkdosfs that formatted sdcards to 2GB
-Fixed handoff between vfat and exFAT on devices where blkid didn't detect vfat (fixes some issues with mounting sdcards)
-Fixed problems with changing working directory on MD5 creation/checking that may have prevented unmounting
-Backups will now store a copy of the backup log after the backup is completed (only if backup is successful)

CHANGELOG for 2.4.0.0:
-Using libtar instead of busybox's tar for better control over tar file creation and breaking the 2GB barrier that busybox imposes (thanks to bigbiff)
-Support for exFAT formatted sdcards (also thanks to bigbiff)
-Support for decrypting Samsung TouchWiz encrypted devices including internal and external storage (special thanks to a3955269 for figuring it out)
-Improvements to OpenRecoveryScript including displaying a proper GUI while the script is running
-Added wipe cache and dalvik after ADB Sideload
-Replaced many system calls with their native C counterparts
-Fixed bugs in file manager where it would display an empty list after moving or deleting a folder
-Fixed AOSP recovery commands to run after decryption on encrypted devices
-Improvements for building TWRP in CM10.1
-Other minor bugfixes and improvements
NOTE: 2.4.0.0 is, as always, still compatible with your older backups!

CHANGELOG for 2.3.3.0:
-Fix renaming backups with a space in the name
-Add decrypt button to mount page if you cancel decryption during startup
-Added ignore blkid flag
-Fixed handling of MTD partitions during mount
-Fixed some keyboard mapping issues on 800x1280 layout

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.0:
-Fixes / enhancements to handle the multiple user setup introduced by Android 4.2 (see notes)
-Fixed a bug with deleting a backup with a space in the name
-Added highlights on keyboard key presses

CHANGELOG for 2.3.1.0:
-Unmount system after boot to prevent some status 7 symlink failed errors on zip install
-USB Mass Storage code improvements
-Better handling of mounting storage during boot for some devices
-Fixed a problem with sizes of images (boot & recovery) after resetting defaults
-Fixed size errors during backup for some devices on recovery, etc.
-Fixed a problem with restoring backups when multiple archives were present

CHANGELOG for 2.3.0.0:
-Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
-Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
-ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see this link for more info
-Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
-Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
-Faster boot times
-Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)

DOWNLOAD:
The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
Play Store Link
Direct Download
1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery

I do not currently have a Goo.im account but am in the process of applying. Builds will be uploaded to file sharing websites and links attached below until I have been approved for a goo.im account. Please feel free to mirror any of my kernels.

My build machine takes about an hour to build both kernels so assume that both TeamWin and CM repos were synced an hour before the quoted time.

Download Links
CM10 (and Utacka's PA): CM10_TWRP_04Feb2013_1040.zip
CM10.1 (and AOSPA): CM10.1_TWRP_04Feb2013_1053.zip

How to install?
Download Kernel, reboot recovery, nandroid backup, flash kernel, ENJOY!!

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to the TWRP github issues log or contacting the team on their IRC channel below. You can also post in the thread and I will offer whatever help I can and/or forward on concerns to the TWRP team.

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

A huge thanks to the CyanogenMod Team, Entropy512, XpLoDWilD and TeamWin

Last edited:

timstanley1985

Sep 23, 2010
London
FAQ

I will add to this FAQ as time goes on but I have added a few questions below:

Can I have x patch added to the kernel? Can you add OC/UV etc.
Unfortunately this is currently beyond my level of skill and likely will be for the foreseeable future. I also do not want to be in the position of building multiple kernels one with OC and one without. If you want a change made to the kernel, speak to the CM team.

Will this work with Paranoid Android?
Yes, use the CM10 kernel for Utacka’s PA build. When AOSPA is released you should use the CM10.1 kernel.

Will this work with a Touchwiz Rom?
In short, no.

Can you build a Touchwiz Kernel with TWRP please?
Sorry but no again. There are just too many versions to build and I never use Touchwiz ROM’s so have little incentive.

Last edited:

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
Works fine for cm10.1 roms.
Selecting a folder instead of scrolling down is too easy though, but that isn't your fault.
Good job :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

A

AndroidSlave

Re: [KERNEL & RECOVERY][PA & CM10 & CM10.1] TWRP 2.4.0.0beta Touch Recovery [2013-01-

So since this is a cm10 kernel no chance of brick bug?

Sent from my GT-N7000000000 using Tapastalker 2

A

AndroidSlave

Re: [KERNEL & RECOVERY][PA & CM10 & CM10.1] TWRP 2.4.0.0beta Touch Recovery [2013-01-

Would it be possible to get a build on speedmod k3-15 too?

timstanley1985

Sep 23, 2010
London

Would it be possible to get a build on speedmod k3-15 too?

Please read second post....

If you want a touchwiz kernel speak to your kernel Dev or try following the guide in the third post using Samsung sources.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

A

AndroidSlave

Sorry that I missed that. I only read the OP. Nothing in the second post stood out, didn't realize it was a FAQ... Figured since its built from source... anyhow appreciate the work.

neelsgs

Dec 22, 2011
banbury

Hey:) I'm on ultimate jb and I want to try out jb 4.2.1 cm10.1, can I flash kernel and then straight wipe it and flash cm10.1?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk HD

timstanley1985

Sep 23, 2010
London

Hey:) I'm on ultimate jb and I want to try out jb 4.2.1 cm10.1, can I flash kernel and then straight wipe it and flash cm10.1?

Thanks!

You will need to flash CM10.1 first, then flash this kernel second. Flashing a CM nightly will replace this kernel with the CM stock kernel. You will need to reflash this kernel after flashing each nightly.

Reactions: neelsgs

neelsgs

Dec 22, 2011
banbury

You will need to flash CM10.1 first, then flash this kernel second. Flashing a CM nightly will replace this kernel with the CM stock kernel. You will need to reflash this kernel after flashing each nightly.

Ok but do I need to do anything special from ultimate jb to get to cm10.1 firstly? Like flash cm9 or something cause I'm confused

Thanks

timstanley1985

Sep 23, 2010
London

Ok but do I need to do anything special from ultimate jb to get to cm10.1 firstly? Like flash cm9 or something cause I'm confused

Thanks

No special steps, just make sure you do full wipe

timstanley1985

Sep 23, 2010
London
This thread is very quiet??

There was 100 downloads of the first first builds and 26 so far of the 23/01/13 builds but no real discussion.

Is there much interest in TWRP? Do people want me continue to build and upload?

I am not asking expecting praise etc. just suprised that the thread seems like a ghost town?

Reactions: MoHed
You characterized this recovery by "ease of use, customization, touch driven ui, themable, possibility of changing every aspect of L&F". And I think it's a fantastic piece of developer work.

N7000 is a "dangerous" device of the brick bug. With recovery you can make very bad mistakes also.

For my person I do not need the features above. I only want absolute safety and reliability when using recovery.
No "Schnick-Schnack", only the standard set of functions (backup, restore, format, update etc.).

That's why I wouldn't use (and especially never test) another recovery mechanism - with the CWM based approach I have already a working one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is TWRP?
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.4, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel. For more info click here: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

This is a 100% stock CM10/CM10.1 Kernel with TWRP recovery added in place of the standard ClockworkMod Recovery. Nothing more, nothing less!

I will build these on a weekly basis or whenever a significant change is made to the CM or TWRP code
    Phone look:
    RAsb.jpg
    AO13.jpg

Known Issues
    None!

CHANGELOG for 2.4.1.0:
    -Fixed a problem with mkdosfs that formatted sdcards to 2GB
    -Fixed handoff between vfat and exFAT on devices where blkid didn't detect vfat (fixes some issues with mounting sdcards)
    -Fixed problems with changing working directory on MD5 creation/checking that may have prevented unmounting
    -Backups will now store a copy of the backup log after the backup is completed (only if backup is successful)

CHANGELOG for 2.4.0.0:
    -Using libtar instead of busybox's tar for better control over tar file creation and breaking the 2GB barrier that busybox imposes (thanks to bigbiff)
    -Support for exFAT formatted sdcards (also thanks to bigbiff)
    -Support for decrypting Samsung TouchWiz encrypted devices including internal and external storage (special thanks to a3955269 for figuring it out)
    -Improvements to OpenRecoveryScript including displaying a proper GUI while the script is running
    -Added wipe cache and dalvik after ADB Sideload
    -Replaced many system calls with their native C counterparts
    -Fixed bugs in file manager where it would display an empty list after moving or deleting a folder
    -Fixed AOSP recovery commands to run after decryption on encrypted devices
    -Improvements for building TWRP in CM10.1
    -Other minor bugfixes and improvements
    NOTE: 2.4.0.0 is, as always, still compatible with your older backups!

CHANGELOG for 2.3.3.0:
    -Fix renaming backups with a space in the name
    -Add decrypt button to mount page if you cancel decryption during startup
    -Added ignore blkid flag
    -Fixed handling of MTD partitions during mount
    -Fixed some keyboard mapping issues on 800x1280 layout

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.0:
    -Fixes / enhancements to handle the multiple user setup introduced by Android 4.2 (see notes)
    -Fixed a bug with deleting a backup with a space in the name
    -Added highlights on keyboard key presses

CHANGELOG for 2.3.1.0:
    -Unmount system after boot to prevent some status 7 symlink failed errors on zip install
    -USB Mass Storage code improvements
    -Better handling of mounting storage during boot for some devices
    -Fixed a problem with sizes of images (boot & recovery) after resetting defaults
    -Fixed size errors during backup for some devices on recovery, etc.
    -Fixed a problem with restoring backups when multiple archives were present

CHANGELOG for 2.3.0.0:
    -Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
    -Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
    NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
    -ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see this link for more info
    -Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
    -Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
    -Faster boot times
    -Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery

I do not currently have a Goo.im account but am in the process of applying. Builds will be uploaded to file sharing websites and links attached below until I have been approved for a goo.im account. Please feel free to mirror any of my kernels.

My build machine takes about an hour to build both kernels so assume that both TeamWin and CM repos were synced an hour before the quoted time.

Download Links
    CM10 (and Utacka's PA): CM10_TWRP_04Feb2013_1040.zip
    CM10.1 (and AOSPA): CM10.1_TWRP_04Feb2013_1053.zip

How to install?
    Download Kernel, reboot recovery, nandroid backup, flash kernel, ENJOY!!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to the TWRP github issues log or contacting the team on their IRC channel below. You can also post in the thread and I will offer whatever help I can and/or forward on concerns to the TWRP team.

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

A huge thanks to the CyanogenMod Team, Entropy512, XpLoDWilD and TeamWin
    FAQ

I will add to this FAQ as time goes on but I have added a few questions below:

Can I have x patch added to the kernel? Can you add OC/UV etc.
    Unfortunately this is currently beyond my level of skill and likely will be for the foreseeable future. I also do not want to be in the position of building multiple kernels one with OC and one without. If you want a change made to the kernel, speak to the CM team.

Will this work with Paranoid Android?
    Yes, use the CM10 kernel for Utacka’s PA build. When AOSPA is released you should use the CM10.1 kernel.

Will this work with a Touchwiz Rom?
    In short, no.

Can you build a Touchwiz Kernel with TWRP please?
    Sorry but no again. There are just too many versions to build and I never use Touchwiz ROM’s so have little incentive.
    TWRP 2.4 is now out of beta. New builds uploaded
    Re: [RECOVERY][CM10 & CM10.1] TWRP 2.4.1.0 Touch Recovery - now out of beta!![2013-02

version 2.4.1.0 now uploaded. should fix exFAT issues, report back if you still have any problems.

GPL/How to build this kernel

This kernel was built using the instructions on this page http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32965365.